Diablko 4 announced

"
grepman wrote:
D4 looking less of an arpg and more like lost ark...too bad, I liked the return to grim visuals and slower pace

So it's not just me... I saw some video, where they spoke of items having item level, and then they showed 4-people parties, and 3-party bosses, and I was like 'wait a minute... that's lost ark'
Last edited by Xyel on Mar 9, 2023, 3:51:59 AM
So my opinion about D4:

D3 was an ideological mistake. People did not understand. But the graphic was simply insane. The quality of the picture. Those Blizzard's artists. Their level is just incredible.
Comparing PoE vs D3 was always for me: yeah, PoE is real Diablo. But with shitty graphics and not so strong programmers. But spiritually above.

Now what i see at D4 - obviously the company had to reduce it's stuff. They can't afford painters anymore. So bad. Such bad animation. 15 years ago graphics.

Blizzard continues it's path to the new low.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
Whether you intend to try the demo next weekend or not, I think it likely we can all agree it doesn't seem like all that long ago when Blizzard was asking everyone if they had phones. When Diablo IV seemed like little more than a rumour.

The rapidity with which they've gone from that to a public demo and a release date is a weird mix of impressive and depressing. The death march is impossible to ignore, but that Blizzard realised its necessity is...kind of new for them. Perhaps the era of Blizzard's Soom(tm ) is actually over. Good, and bad. Right now, probably more good.

As for the Lost Ark comparisons? I see no problem here. Lost Ark design minus Korean MMO monetisation equals yes please.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 11, 2023, 3:40:16 PM
Played the beta a bit.

I dont think any half-decent ARPG has anything to worry about.
Also, lost ark doesn't have much to worry about.

About the only thing I really like about D4 is the vibe they went for and the graphics. Beautiful landscapes and gory, not cartoony story with violence and gore.

The systems in D4 are made by someone who has no clue what is interesting about ARPGs. Some of the early item progression and upgrades are straight out of a mobile game "weapons" upgrades. I kid you not.

For a game two months away from release, the balance of skills is head-scratching. At least D3 the combat felt tight, your character felt solid when smashing packs of mobs. I don't know who the combat in this game caters to.

As far as builds, paragon board will have to be absolutely amazing in order to provide any build customization, because "builds" in this game do not exist in context of beta, D3 had more customization with its rune system.

The combat isnt snappy enough as d3, and while I like the slower pace, its lost ark-y slow pace without the smoothness and tactical combat like in lost ark. Also lost ark pvp is amazing and has good balance. This game is a mess.

TL;DR - D4 is an abomination of an arpg, and I doubt it will ever beat lost ark in pseudo-mmo subgenre. Also, there is no cohesion- systems are infantile, whoever did the UI also thought they were doing a mobile game and whoever did the story and atmosphere deserves a slow clap.

I played beta last night and today. :( Waste of time.

Yes, the visuals are way better than D3. The story (so far) seems OK. But I literally started nodding off during some stupid quest. PoE, LE, have nothing to worry about.

I'm one of the people that got the key from chicken. I had that chicken over 2 days. I don't eat that much. It's not so bad when you don't eat the whole damned thing in one sitting. :)

Yes, it is worth the price of a chicken sandwich.

BORING

I played sorceress. I may create another character before time runs out. I doubt it.
Censored.
what is diablko 4? ive never heard of it. can someone tell me if it's good? worth playing?
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I played beta last night and today. :( Waste of time.

Yes, the visuals are way better than D3. The story (so far) seems OK. But I literally started nodding off during some stupid quest. PoE, LE, have nothing to worry about.

I played sorceress. I may create another character before time runs out. I doubt it.

I find this sentiment odd: you say the story seemed okay, but quest was 'stupid'? So a small-scale writing issue? I thought the quests were well-written and quite engaging. The side quests added some nice texture to the fucked-up world (most ended in tragedy), and the core story kept me intrigued as to where Lilith and Inarius stand, and I say that as someone who paid very little attention to Diablo 3 so really I'm coming to all of it quite blind and fresh. But if you noped out, you noped out. Bummer. Saves you 60 bucks though so that's cool.

Also, yeah, the Sorcerer was infamously OP. Casters almost always are.

Diablo IV has nothing to offer anyone who is expecting PoE or LE level of customisation and build variety. Or even close to that. So I don't get the comparisons. I find them superficial and lazy. But to say the story seemed okay but a quest put you to sleep and then say 'PoE and LE have nothing to worry about' when neither game has had anything resembling the level of quest/story design of what Diablo IV presents...that's just weird dude.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I think i will play the server smash event.

They have adressed some issues i had problems with like the dungeon layout/backtracking and some underpowered Druid skills.

No overlap map but i think a zoom function for the mini map will be fine as well.

Main quests seem fine overall(with some side quests being meh) and like these random Butcher encounters that spice the dungeon experience up a bit.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
i wholly agree with that statement
"
cynquil wrote:
what is diablko 4? ive never heard of it. can someone tell me if it's good? worth playing?

sequel to diablko 2
super gigachad dare you to prove me wrong ambatukam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info