Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Teasers

"Here's what the new monster resistance icons look like when a monster is resistant to an element and when it's vulnerable to an element"

I think it would be better to have resistant on the left and vulnerable on the right
Last edited by Mythalas on Dec 5, 2022, 7:57:20 PM
Move elements to which monster have resistance to the left part of HP
Vulnerabilities stick to right
Whatever you do, don't change the shape of the icons. Round is perfectly fine, move them around if you must, but don't make me have to ponder "what was square again? Wait, why is it ROUND all of a sudden?" Don't do this to normal people.
"
aefoa wrote:
Could someone explain to me why people like Vaal skills?
There's little to no options to invest in to reduce soul gain prevention time, therefore making vaal skills an additional button that you have to keep visual tracking of for whether it's ready to be used or not, this makes gameplay more stressful in terms of the attention it draws for such a small impact that it provides within an insignificant period of time.

As i see Vaal skills, they only add some dps against map bosses and maybe legions, depending on the skill's mechanics.

A "super skill" button every so often in mapping where the gameplay is intentionally trying to have spikes of difficulty to "wake you up" is fun.

Vaal Ice Nova and Vaal arc and vaal double strike are examples of Vaal Skills done right.

Vaal skills were seen as too powerful when you had 100% uptime, but they did want ways to invest a little into having more uptime on them and thats fine. It's a choice.

And it doesn't take away from several vaal skills being extremely useful as a temp boon to your power
"
DarkenX wrote:
Whatever you do, don't change the shape of the icons. Round is perfectly fine, move them around if you must, but don't make me have to ponder "what was square again? Wait, why is it ROUND all of a sudden?" Don't do this to normal people.

this is TERRIBLE. even worse than writing "immune to fire" underneath -- we're going to have to focus on a tiny icon now, which slows down the game even more....
Last edited by fuxxnuts2 on Dec 5, 2022, 8:30:37 PM
I like the resistant icon, but maybe change the vulnerable to a gray scale color, and crossed out with a line or X instead of the red color.

Or as others have mentioned have different positions for resistances and vulnerability, one right other left, for example.
Last edited by avroo7 on Dec 5, 2022, 9:12:27 PM
Colors are a bad way to distinguish things (think how you had to change socket colors).

Lots of suggestions here, but mine would be adding up/down chevrons to the icons to show roughly how high/low their resistances are. 3 chevrons down = very low resistance, 3 up = very high.
Украина в моём сердце
Where is heist mod?
Good approach to fix res information in form of icons, that said, as a bit color blind person im completely busted by this design. Most games consider adding shape which discern types eg. square resistant triangle vulnerable.
"
Antigegner wrote:
COLORS:
- normal resistance: white
- medium: orange
- red: immune

(I'm not sure white is even needed but I would not mind)

There seems to be a general misunderstanding. Let me explain:

Red: vulnerable to element (same color for cold, fire, lightning)
White: resistant to cold
Orange: resistant to fire
Yellow: resistant to lightning

That seemed pretty obvious to me; I think the team did a great job.

However, I do get the color blind remark. I don’t know exactly how „true“ color blindness works (only the green/red thing, which won’t be an issue here), but I think there should be a solution that does not move the icons. Keeping the same element in the same place, no matter resist or vulnerability seems key to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info