Sick of Diablo III so here I am.

I'm joining the PoE clan now as well, from D3, but for different reasons. I'm not bashing D3, its a solid game and for its targeted audience its wonderful. My friend has his 9 year old daughter playing and shes loving it (I'm not joking, and shes mature enough to handle the violence presented before people hop on that horse).

My first week of D3 was pure addiction... but I had something nagging at the back of my mind that I just couldn't get to go away. By week two I knew what it was:

1. Loot... I mean seriously, not only did I only get 1 Legendary in two play throughs to act III on Nightmare mode, but it wasn't even better than the blue stuff I got. Not even 1 green drop. Not only that, but I didn't get a strong feel for how my character looked. I don't mind generic loot, I just didn't get the feel of scaling. Just another item that looked nearly identical to the last 40 I got with better stat numbers.

2. My weapon was just a stat stick. I played a monk and witchdoctor and all my weapons were just for show. Yes D3 has some beautiful polish and movements... but thats because no matter what weapon I was using on either character my motions were the same. My monk straps his polearm to his back and smacks the bad guys around with his fists, or my Witchdoctor pulls a blowgun out of his... skirt and starts shooting.

3. As I was starting to get towards the 40s and started eyeballing 60, I realized I would never ever make another Monk or Witchdoctor again. Not because I wasn't enjoying the play through, but because with about 4 seconds of work I could try absolutely any other build in the game for that class. There is no incentive to roll an alt to try something new and different.

So, wall of text cut short, I started looking for a new game and since Grim Dawn is still off on the horizon (Alpha at the end of the year...)... I stumbled on a post for PoE and here I am, backed it, and am thoroughly enjoying it!
Welcome (over)board, kekrebos!

Glad you found something in PoE to enjoy, and worthy of your support. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Im here too because im massivily disapointed in Diablo 3. After trying my best to like the game i gave up and when i stumbled upon PoE i imidiatly knew that this game is taking a right approach at the whole Hack/Slash RPG Genre.
Im always ready to support good ideas...so im here. ;)
phew, phew....
Last edited by theblackmage on May 23, 2012, 11:00:53 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
I'm sorry, but if your account was 'Hacked', it was you being silly with your account information.

The same thing happened to me with WoW once.

'Hacking' doesn't even really exist when talking about games. The only time accounts get stolen or looted is due to the owner not being careful enough.

That said, welcome to PoE.
You'll have a great time with it.

That is not entirely true. The vast majority of accounts that get 'hacked' are due to the account owners own shortcomings, however, it can also be due to poor security and playing in a public game with the wrong person.... I used to do some shady stuff back in my younger years.

"

Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password.

There are some neat tricks to obtaining someones password without them knowing or having any input on the matter. Authenticator should solve the problem, if someone got 'hacked' with an authenticator they are full of it imo.
Last edited by thepmrc on May 23, 2012, 1:05:55 PM
"
1. Loot... I mean seriously, not only did I only get 1 Legendary in two play throughs to act III on Nightmare mode, but it wasn't even better than the blue stuff I got. Not even 1 green drop. Not only that, but I didn't get a strong feel for how my character looked. I don't mind generic loot, I just didn't get the feel of scaling. Just another item that looked nearly identical to the last 40 I got with better stat numbers.

I have a 60 Wizard that has ran at least 4 people through hell and farms inferno and I have yet to find a set or legendary item. Pretty weak.
Welcome to Wreclast Exile!
"
Welcome! Don't expect the polish of D3, but expect a far more customizable experience that is going to keep getting better and better as time goes on.

Ah Time.. What a Cruel bitch you are..
"
kekrebos wrote:

Other issues aside, they are your opinions and im not gonna argue. But you do realise that POE is even worse on the above front dont you?

I played my archer to level 69 (if memory serves) and she found 1, yes 1, unique item that is it... oh and it sucked. So if you expecting epic uniques, set items, etc this game wont please you. As for looks, well my ranger looked identical (and I mean identical) at lvl 69 as she did at lvl 40 odd. Oh no tell a lie she had a new hat, that was it. Gear appearance in POE is deliberately bland and uninspired, as this is one of the things they intend to sell in the cash shop (correct me if im wrong)

Itemisation wise POE is better in terms of stats, but appearance wise, rarity wise... not even close.
Last edited by RodHull on May 23, 2012, 7:11:51 PM
"
RodHull wrote:
"
kekrebos wrote:

Other issues aside, they are your opinions and im not gonna argue. But you do realise that POE is even worse on the above front dont you?

I played my archer to level 69 (if memory serves) and she found 1, yes 1, unique item that is it... oh and it sucked. So if you expecting epic uniques, set items, etc this game wont please you. As for looks, well my ranger looked identical (and I mean identical) at lvl 69 as she did at lvl 40 odd. Oh no tell a lie she had a new hat, that was it. Gear appearance in POE is deliberately bland and uninspired, as this is one of the things they intend to sell in the cash shop (correct me if im wrong)

Itemisation wise POE is better in terms of stats, but appearance wise, rarity wise... not even close.

I would have to say rarity of good uniques in D3 is right on par with poe currently if not a little rarer due to the crazy amount that a unique can vary. You can find a Wizardspike that sucks or you can find one that is amazing... kinda strange actually. Not sure if I like that yet or not, but I think I do.
"
RodHull wrote:
"
kekrebos wrote:

You do know that at this point and time less than 10% of uniques have been added. There are 28 Diamond supporters by my count and the devs have stated multiple times they want at least one unique for each base item type. If we go by the incomplete item database on the website that’s 668 plus 28 equals 696. So on that one character once all uniques are implemented you statistically speaking would have found 10 – 11 unique items which is great amount in my book.

Additional armour models will be available for purchase in the cash shop, which is the only way GGG are going to get money so I hope a lot of people will purchase them.
RIP Bolto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info