Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

anyone that did this build in 3.20 able to speak to how it was in legion?
With the patch note I have questions and smarter people have answers:

Fire Nodes:

We lose the fire damage per strength but...

"Burning Enemies you kill have a 3% chance to Explode, dealing a tenth of their maximum Life as Fire Damage"

Do we think that will apply to the totems? Did we get explodie now? Google search seems to imply "Yes"

"Critical Strikes do not inherently Ignite, 100% increased Damage with Hits against Ignited Enemies"

I mean this could be pretty solid and recover what we lost with the fire per strength ...

Elemental Mastery:

"3% chance for Hits to deal 300% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element"

Question is is that before the Consec. Path conversion? Might be worth picking up Divine Judgement? Of course we'd care about reflect without Avatar of Fire right? So if Avatar gives us 50% of either Ice or Lightning we are looking at 150% dip, and if ve get 100% against ignited from Crit master above and if we hit fire we'd get the full 300%... I mean... do we come out ahead losing the 1% per 20 strength from fire mastery....

Life Mastery:

"Skills cost Life instead of 30% of Mana Cost"

see below:

Physical Mastery:
"40% increased Physical Damage with Skills that Cost Life"

I mean if we convert our totems to cost life... ehhh...

The above doesn't even factor in the weapon and shield tree potentials...

Could this be 'the league' for the Chief Totemancer to shine or are we losing too much base damage with the changes?

"Burning Enemies you kill have a 3% chance to Explode, dealing a tenth of their maximum Life as Fire Damage"

"we" arent killing anything, nor are we igniting to make enemies burning (except protector with combustion). i dont believe this works

"Critical Strikes do not inherently Ignite, 100% increased Damage with Hits against Ignited Enemies"

same thing as above, this seems like circumstantial dps when our second totem ignites (since we typically use ele focus on main totem). not bad overall, but much worse then old fire dmg per str

"3% chance for Hits to deal 300% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element"

it will take base phys dmg before conc path/volcanic fissure conversion, but our phys dmg is already very low to begin with. we do not want this mastery

Life Mastery:

"Skills cost Life instead of 30% of Mana Cost"

see below:

Physical Mastery:
"40% increased Physical Damage with Skills that Cost Life"

these are both pretty solid. many players move to lifetap their totems to reserve more mana and enjoy the mapping qol. this combo is not particularly powerful, 40% is fine for one point but we generally dont want to get any of the phys nodes to enable the mastery

as for your final question

this build never had any issues with dmg, it destroys all content. the generic % dmg increases we lost on some masteries is indeed a slight dps nerf, but dps was never our bottleneck.

the only 'bad' thing about this build is the sort of clunky melee totem playstyle and its lack of layered defences.
"
jjmccaw wrote:
anyone that did this build in 3.20 able to speak to how it was in legion?

conc path totems do surprisingly well for legion, since their dmg is so high they often 1 shot the packs out of stasis. i was very pleasantly surprised, as long as the totems "see" the next set of frozen mobs they will teleport around very well
I'm interested in feedback about this build (Consec Path one) but on a Hardcore way...

I don't really care to reach trillions of dps i would like to know if you can do less damages but pump defenses, also how do you deal with spell dmg ??

maybe go Scion to have an easier access to spell suppress ?

any advice is welcome and MUCH appreciated ! have a good league start, exiles !
(sorry for my bad english)
I'm interested in playing this build in 3.21.
Any advice, thoughts or tips for doing it in Crucible league looking at the changes?

Thank you! <3
I also start on it. Very comfortable with totems^^
If the build is updated (if it is required of course) I will be grateful !!!
FYI: Apparently for Crucible there is the following:

"adds 2 to 4 Fire Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Strength"

So we can potentially get an additional 50%'ish more damage out of a weapon.
"
frawrst wrote:

the only 'bad' thing about this build is the sort of clunky melee totem playstyle and its lack of layered defences.

Indeed, despite having 7-8k HP you do feel rather squishy at times, doing red maps with just alch+go I never got beyond level 98 cause I randomly fell over too often. DMG is huge, "easily"(for me easily) did all ubers with it, but the dmg taking time to "get out" does get you killed once or twice now and then.

Still a great build, I think you could easily go Jugg and invest more in defenses and half your DPS and still do well. I was using undeniable forbidden jewel on my chieftan last league, kind of wonder if I couldn't just use tukohama war's herald on a jugg instead.

https://pobb.in/R2jkYUPKTCC1

What I used last league if anyone else is interested, cleared all content. Conc path totems made me die less mapping, but the dmg on bossing was a lot worse.

Edit:

If I redid it as a jugg for 3.21 I'd prolly go something like this:
https://pobb.in/jhUz5byUJPoM

Dmg is down 50% but tankiness should be a lot better.
Last edited by Makrillo on Apr 6, 2023, 3:58:55 PM
Any changes suggested for 3.21 ?

Thanks in advance,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info