Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

Currently 96 with this build. Made a few small changes. With about 10ish divines I've pushed to about 13-14mDps w/ my flasks up. I started with 2ish divines and the start was a little slow and I wasn't sure if I'd stick it out. What really helped me was using PoB's trade feature to find me new jewels to up my dps. It switched out my crimson jewels for crit-based viridian jewels which upped my dps from 2-ish million to 5-6 million for only about 20c for four jewels. I find that without a lot of sources of +X% Str, base str wasn't giving me too much damage, so the crit jewels gave me more damage for less investment. Now that I have a timeless Jewel giving me +10% str, raw str upgrades mean a lot more and I'll probably start switching those jewels out again.

Changes I've made to the posted guide that's helped:

Switching out Vaal ancestral guardian for Vaal molten shell. At the time of this switch, ancestral guardian didn't add enough consistent dps for me to justify keeping it in with how squishy I felt. Having a panic button helps a lot. However, after some changes to my build, I may put it back sometime down the line. Though it's a DPS loss, I like having one less button to press during boss encounters. Ideally, I could find a way to drop ancestral protector as well but we'd need a lot of added totem placement speed for this to be good though. I think this would help with survivability. When I die it's often while I'm placing totems.

I put purity of elements in which I use for mapping. Not having to worry about elemental ailments at all is huge. PArticularly because shock is often a death sentence, especially if you're running blue altars like me. Also, it frees up a pantheon slot as you no longer need Brine King. You can instead go with Arakaali for added DoT resistance. I keep purity of elements on for elementally annoying bosses (like eradictor and minotaur) but otherwise, I'll disable it and enable Anger. I find that I don't need anger for mapping as my DPS is high enough aside from an 8-9 essence creature here and there. But I find that I often don't need Anger unless I'm doing something like the formed or the elderlsayer invitation. This also solves a LOT of the resistance issues with gearing this build. With 4 uniques it's really hard to maintain res cap. If you're okay with the DPS drop (which is still comfortably above 10m dps w/o). This helps with running altars that lower ele res and resist the blue lightning tentacle women.

Additionally, by linking my auras on my head piece w/ enlighten support I was able to fit in defiance banner which also helped a great deal by giving armor and some much needed evasion. Still haven't found a way to address spell suppression. This might just be a weak point of the build.

In the place of ancestral guardian, I put in shield charge linked w/ faster attacks. This helps with a lot of mobility issues the build has. Since I have a t1 int ring I've also put in flame dash in place of leap slam. Having a blink ability helps better avoid attacks in sanctum. Also, I like it better than leap slam.

Plans:

Currently running Shaman's Dominion as my anoint, but because I don't feel too tanky yet I do feel like it's overkill. I'm going to switch it out with Prismatic Skin on a higher rolled astramentis then try crafting my shield. I'm hoping I can land +2% max ele res on top of prismatic skin on an ezomyte shield base. Really hoping this ups the tankiness on the build b/c I occasionally get exploded by elemental damage.

I'm hoping that this change will round the build out. The damage feels great, and I'm not so squishy that I fail encounters too often (though certain mod combinations can do that). I'm willing to compromise some damage for better survivability. If this change does not add enough survivability, I may remove ancestral protector and add mroe totem placement speed through jewels. This would mean less time staying still and less dying. It'll be a DPS loss but 10m is more than enough for my purposes and at this point, I'm wanting to invest in quality-of-life upgrades over raw DPS.

Anyway, great build. I love playing maurader and this build has taken me further than I've gotten with any other build. The gearing is simple to understand and, like the post says, every improvement feels impactful. Highly recommend this build as a second-in-the-league kind of build. I wouldn't league start it as It did take about 2-4 divs of investment to start feeling good. And from there it took another 5-6 to feel like it's fully come into its own. That being said though, 10 divs is not a lot of investment at all for a build that can do this much. Give it a try!
Last edited by Poeticstuff on Jan 7, 2023, 9:57:18 PM
Very nice write-up Poetic, I've currently leveled a freezing pulse totem hierophant to maps, and started with this build to level, as I surprisingly (to me) love the totem playstyle and lifestyle.
I wanted a tanky-ish totem build but also not a Zdps one.
Not gonna lie, the prices of certain items did demotivate me a little bit, such as the forbidden jewels, I will never be able to afford those.
I might try to start off with the changes you've done as it seems you've adopted it to be more budget, bang for your buck kinda thing.
So still been enjoying the build but I feel like I'm starting to get a bit stuck and wondering if anyone has any upgrade advice, RN the close to 100div for undeniable just is out of reach.

on a side note getting eldritch battery on my relic has been a huge boost to fun as never have to flask to place totems again and gives more room to reserve mana
(I have a fire can shock and I shock stuff with my ancestral totems since they do fire dmg)

I am also working on getting brittle ground on my boots just tryna elevate stuff can be hard sometimes

https://pastebin.com/k0YQJ6qv
"
Qyllgeth wrote:
So still been enjoying the build but I feel like I'm starting to get a bit stuck and wondering if anyone has any upgrade advice, RN the close to 100div for undeniable just is out of reach.

on a side note getting eldritch battery on my relic has been a huge boost to fun as never have to flask to place totems again and gives more room to reserve mana
(I have a fire can shock and I shock stuff with my ancestral totems since they do fire dmg)

I am also working on getting brittle ground on my boots just tryna elevate stuff can be hard sometimes

You're on the much higher end of the build so now finding upgrades gets pricier every time but still equally rewarding. If youre looking for something under the price range of 100 divs redoing the prefixes on either your amulet or your flammability ring to have something useful on them is always an option (though can be annoying to do truth be told)

If you're not concerned about using a weapon swap for portal you can try and get an abyssal socket modifier on your gloves in place of the resistance modifier. Using a good abyssal jewel with resistances on it allows you to get additional life and damage alongside the res.

There are also other forbidden flesh flame jewel combinations to look into, not sure which replacement is the best but there are many good nodes to look into.
egg
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
Qyllgeth wrote:

You're on the much higher end of the build so now finding upgrades gets pricier every time but still equally rewarding. If youre looking for something under the price range of 100 divs redoing the prefixes on either your amulet or your flammability ring to have something useful on them is always an option (though can be annoying to do truth be told)

If you're not concerned about using a weapon swap for portal you can try and get an abyssal socket modifier on your gloves in place of the resistance modifier. Using a good abyssal jewel with resistances on it allows you to get additional life and damage alongside the res.

There are also other forbidden flesh flame jewel combinations to look into, not sure which replacement is the best but there are many good nodes to look into.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I am stuck with the rolls on the gloves and ring for now but I might try and redo my amulet

a note is brittle ground can be a near 20% dps increase for relatively cheap (boot implicit) might just be handy info in the guide
what double corrpptuion is the best for Brutus lead sprinkler?
"
magnusbard wrote:
what double corrpptuion is the best for Brutus lead sprinkler?

Attack speed and crit chance are by far and away the best mods
egg
"
Qyllgeth wrote:
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I am stuck with the rolls on the gloves and ring for now but I might try and redo my amulet

a note is brittle ground can be a near 20% dps increase for relatively cheap (boot implicit) might just be handy info in the guide

Brittle ground is for sure great for the build but due to the way at least I personally play the build I never stand on top of the boss like you would have to to affect them with brittle ground so the DPS increase is purely theoretical unless you take a much more risky approach to boss fights (for the most part)
egg
"
Qyllgeth wrote:

Awesome, was thinking of doing the same with EB. I wish I had a GG relic for it but I just might drop the 6 div anyways, only part of the build I'm not liking at the moment.

Loving the build so far. Gone for volcanic fissure and seeing the constant rain of magma balls is so satisfying. I'd love some advice on gearing if you can, as my damage feels a bit low. I assume you can just look at my profile and I don't need to link anything?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info