[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
ChimeraShots wrote:
Hey guys, really enjoying this build, special props to the OP.
I was thinking though, if I get the Blast freeze notable on one of my cluster jewels along with CttC, can I substitute ele prolif in my map clear setup with a damage support like conc effect or something ?
Any thoughts/suggestions on this ?

Edit:
Another question for Author: Why don't we use Energy leech as a support on this ? It looks like we can take advantage of both while leeching and while full energy shield most of the times because of overleech.

Blast Freeze would only be worth using temporarily, if you have a cluster with it and CttC, until you can get CttC and Blanketed Snow. There is no reason to spend skill points to get that node otherwise. Your damage is more than enough for map clearing.

Energy Leech is weaker than the support gems we are using.
Hey I have a quick question regarding CwC vs ACwC. I read your Ascendant post explaining why you should keep CwC level 15 (16 in staff) and ACwC level 1 (2 in staff) for bossing (which I'm also kinda confused on, I'm assuming you mean if you're just too lazy to swap to the self-cast Ice storm since that gem link setup doesn't use CwC?)

At the end of your post explaining why, you said:

"So I would use CwC lv 15 for map clearing and ACwC lv 1 for the bosses"

But then when I import your "High End Full Build" PoB, I see that you're using level 5 ACwC. So I'm just kind of confused as to what exactly I should have that gem at, or if I should even bother investing in the ACwC level 5.

Sorry if I missed any changes made to this gem recently, I'm just coming back into the game.
Last edited by shadowrs on Sep 12, 2022, 11:02:14 AM
"
shadowrs wrote:
Hey I have a quick question regarding CwC vs ACwC. I read your Ascendant post explaining why you should keep CwC level 15 (16 in staff) and ACwC level 1 (2 in staff) for bossing (which I'm also kinda confused on, I'm assuming you mean if you're just too lazy to swap to the self-cast Ice storm since that gem link setup doesn't use CwC?)

At the end of your post explaining why, you said:

"So I would use CwC lv 15 for map clearing and ACwC lv 1 for the bosses"

But then when I import your "High End Full Build" PoB, I see that you're using level 5 ACwC. So I'm just kind of confused as to what exactly I should have that gem at, or if I should even bother investing in the ACwC level 5.

Sorry if I missed any changes made to this gem recently, I'm just coming back into the game.

That calculation is from way back before CwC was nerfed to have heavier damage penalty to skills it supports. Back then we used Cyclone/CwC all the time, it was nice mobility on bosses, but after the nerf manually casted Icestorm damage is just so much higher that it is better to use on beefyer enemies.

ACwC gives stun immunity at lvl5. Ascendant gets stun immunity form her ascendancy, so she doesn't need ACwC that high and can min/max for damage there. Trickster (and Occultist) doesn't, so it is worth to get ACwC lvl5 for the stun immunity.
Last edited by Cjin on Sep 12, 2022, 1:23:18 PM
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Verdale is correct, don't use spite on gloves. these are suitable for fossil crafting, actually. use perfect fossil to get them to 29%+ quality, then dense (if I recall correctly -- check out on craftofexile.com) to try to get good ES and/or resists.

Do you need to use perfect first, and then try to craft? Or do you use both fossils together?

Hi Bella -- you use perfect fossil only until you hit 29% or 30% (depending on your bankroll.) And then you continue crafting with other stuff.
Thanks for the amazing build. This has been the most fun I have had with a build in a long while.

I am trying to squeeze in rarity on gear and gems as much as I can. I know it's no where near what most people run, but figured I'd have a little fun with it. My setup is using the rarity gem with Vortex/Bonechill/Culling strike setup. You can see my character in my profile. I know vortex needs to get the killing blow to get the full rarity bonus. I am just trying to figure out if that is the best method for it or not. Any thoughts or ideas on it? Also, since I moved Culling strike to Vortex, any thought on what I can utilize in the CWDT hex setup to help the build? Could I put bonechill in the CWDT hex setup, then open up the vortex/bonechill slots for a better culling/rarity setup?
"
Thanks for the amazing build. This has been the most fun I have had with a build in a long while.

I am trying to squeeze in rarity on gear and gems as much as I can. I know it's no where near what most people run, but figured I'd have a little fun with it. My setup is using the rarity gem with Vortex/Bonechill/Culling strike setup. You can see my character in my profile. I know vortex needs to get the killing blow to get the full rarity bonus. I am just trying to figure out if that is the best method for it or not. Any thoughts or ideas on it? Also, since I moved Culling strike to Vortex, any thought on what I can utilize in the CWDT hex setup to help the build? Could I put bonechill in the CWDT hex setup, then open up the vortex/bonechill slots for a better culling/rarity setup?

I tried using Vortex earlier in the league for CS/IIR but it felt clunky and awkward to time last hits, especially if you are just above the CS threshold. On top of that you only get CS effect on the initial placement hit, not the ticking damage (CS requires on-hit, but most of Vortex's damage is DoT and thus doesn't "hit").

I ended up moving both CS and IIR in with Frostblink. Vortex's "hit" damage is not much different from Frostblink's. However FB feels better due to the reduced cooldown from hitting multiple monsters and/or rares/uniques, on top of the travel CDR from Stampede. This results in being able to spam it extremely fast inside of packs that may contain something you want to cull/IIR, or on top of 4-mod rares/bosses, much faster than Vortex. This makes it more reliable to trigger the CS/IIR kill, especially if you still have Icestorms lingering on the target(s).

I don't find putting the CS in the 6-link with Ball Lightning very effective anyways in my experience. Never felt like I got much use out of it that way. So I just moved one of the auras to the 6th slot in my chest.

Also not sure why you would want to put Bonechill in your Hex chest links. Fairly certain it wouldn't do anything.

EDIT: By the way, I glanced at your character. Quite a few strange things I noticed, but the most notable is your WoC gem. You can't use a regular WoC gem, it does absolutely nothing for this build. You have to use Phantasmal (20Q) or it's never going to apply any cold exposure, unless you are somehow converting phys-to-cold elsewhere. You should just use Frost Bomb if you can't get a PWoC for whatever reason.
Last edited by Verdale on Sep 12, 2022, 6:26:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Went and got all the gems. Even more fun to play now!
Once you use a crusader's exalted orb on an item and do not get the %intelligence, you cannot use another exalted orb to try to get the one you want, can you?

You need to shop for another item, right?

Frustratingly, I got ES on kill, instead of % increased intelligence. Trying to sell it.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Sep 13, 2022, 8:22:29 PM
One other question, is it just me or does this build really struggle with alva missions? It takes time to ramp, so I run out of time before I can clear and connect. Does the DPS hit quicker once you get a second cluster?
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
Once you use a crusader's exalted orb on an item and do not get the %intelligence, you cannot use another exalted orb to try to get the one you want, can you?

You need to shop for another item, right?

Frustratingly, I got ES on kill, instead of % increased intelligence. Trying to sell it.

That's a good question.

1. You only get to use one crusader orb. ~35% chance to get lucky.

2. If you fail, you can certainly attempt to do an exalt slam. But your chances to hit % int are less than 1%, so you might as well not do that (primarily because you can't then also craft 6% attributes as you've burned all of your suffixes [unless you started with a 0 suffix chest, in which case, sure, go ahead, 1% is better than 0.])

So yeah, keep looking. Also don't forget to do rituals -- they can drop nice chests.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 14, 2022, 12:14:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info