[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:

Also, where are the rings that have no negative affixes coming from? I've seen one with 88 int, 79% cold, and other normal positive affixes.

They come from being lucky with the lake reflect thing. Looks like the mist rolls each mod separately if its + or -, so if you are super lucky you might get ring (or amulet) with only positive buffed mods.

I found one early in the league, +90str, +40 all res, +40 light res and +something evasion.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Even the tankiest characters will die to an ice nova chest explosion since the damage is based on distance from the chest.

Understood. Sadly there was no death recap so I don't know if I somehow missed the Ice Nova text or it was some other weird thing. After 12 deaths tonight, 10 to one shots, either my luck was really bad, or I've grown incompetent overnight.

Not much of an opportunity for cheap upgrades either, except for the hunter's orb (which I am waiting on a better helm to use it on.)

Hey, Fire, your gear is mostly lesser than mine, which is unusual. What level of bosses are you fighting now? Are you running into a wall?

-----

Ah, I found an error in my passive tree. Explains why I didn't have the passives for a second cluster. JFC.

Also, where are the rings that have no negative affixes coming from? I've seen one with 88 int, 79% cold, and other normal positive affixes.

I stopped upgrading the build completely since Thursday since I don't need to push it further for my use, I can farm pinnacle bosses with a 0% chance of dying to anything and I use the currency that I make to fund a fun expensive build, this time CoC VD/DD, I still use the WI character for ubers and stuff, my damage is low compared to the maxed char but I don't really mind for bossing.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 28, 2022, 10:37:21 AM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

I stopped upgrading the build completely since Thursday since I don't need to push it further for my use, I can farm pinnacle bosses with a 0% chance of dying to anything and I use the currency that I make to fund a fun expensive build, this time CoC VD/DD, I still use the WI character for ubers and stuff, my damage is low compared to the maxed char but I don't really mind for bossing.

can you make some videos of doing on trickster ubers?)
interesting how it's looking
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

can you make some videos of doing on trickster ubers?)
interesting how it's looking

I might make a video at some point.

But overall, all the pain points from the ubers are gone.

Uber Sirus? We can now overleech during his final phase, making it that we can essentially ignore the ground degen.

Uber Exarch? we can overleech during ball phase from the dog minions so we can actually just tank some magma orbs lol

Uber Eater? Still tricky in the beam phase.

Uber Maven? Even easier than before because we can just leech off her while placing the orbs of degen while standing on them.

Uber Cortex? always been easy.

Uber Shaper? Easy as before, Overleech makes it easier to handle all the balls from the adds.

Uber Uber Elder? easier to survive portal phase, easier to survive when fighting both of them at the same time as the overleech essentially gives you 40% MORE ES (since we leech 40% of our ES per second) and then you heal back up instantly, so taking 2 consecutive hits that would usually kill you is rare, also the Forbidden Flesh jewels make it that we take 20% less damage.

Trickster is THE ascendancy for bossing now, no reason to go Scion in my eyes.
Stun Immunity is a big deal early on, but for bossing I couldn't care less.

The downsides are:

1.Mapping isn't that great, same as Scion.
2.25% of the damage is from Forbidden Jewels and it only affects single bosses.
3.Baseline damage feels lower than the witch.
4.Feels much more reliant on gear than the other variants.

The Major upsides:
1.65% chance to evade attacks which is MASSIVE for survivability.
2.Overleech makes you always be full ES even during DPS downtime.
3.Very hard to die, I have never died so little.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 28, 2022, 11:57:34 AM
What are folks doing for their Atlas passive trees?
Can somebody share full level 100 tree?
When replacing Icetomb, is it better to focus on getting pure ES chest (Vaal Regalia, Savan/Widowsilk robes) or an EVA/ES would do just as well?
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
When replacing Icetomb, is it better to focus on getting pure ES chest (Vaal Regalia, Savan/Widowsilk robes) or an EVA/ES would do just as well?

EVA/ES only - sadist garb
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

Why is that, if I can ask?
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

Why is that, if I can ask?

your asc node - escape artist + it's our main source of EVA, so you can reach high % of EVAS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info