[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Thank you. I completely missed that...facepalm.

Well, I wonder if it would not be best if I wait to farm some chaos recipes (once I'm done with the Acts, my husband was struggling too much with his minion elementalist so he dropped her after killing Shavronne in Act 6...and so I'm leveling in my own right now and just completed 2nd lab) and get a sadist garb right off once I have enough. I still need to get a better amulet {wish Astra would drop, but I'm also browsing the mirrored ones). I do have a belt saved with % intelligence (only 9% but it's better than none and was relatively affordable, 3 c).

My Replica Stampede are proving problematic the more I get closer to being able to equip them. They just won't 3 red XD. Right now, I have 2 red and 2 blue on them, but not enough chrome to force them on the bench. And I've been picking up all chromatic items off the ground. I may go 2R2B (and keep increased duration out) until I can either force it or decide to say Effit and spend more chrome to try to get it naturally.

If I had plenty of jewellers and fusings, I would use the old method of forcing 2, then playing 2 sockets-3 sockets until I get the 3rd red, then hope for a blue. We shall see what happens first.

I also definitely have Archnemesis with a burning passion. Tried a lvl 55 heist yesterday after a contract dropped. Everything went well. A divine even dropped...but a AN mob with Executor, Hasted and Bonebreaker popped in the last room before exit, jumped on me and one-shot stomped me. Needless to say, I logged out and silently cursed for a while.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Aug 28, 2022, 5:59:25 PM
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

Well, I wonder if it would not be best if I wait to farm some chaos recipes (once I'm done with the Acts, my husband was struggling too much with his minion elementalist so he dropped her after killing Shavronne in Act 6...and so I'm leveling in my own right now and just completed 2nd lab) and get a sadist garb right off once I have enough. I still need to get a better amulet {wish Astra would drop, but I'm also browsing the mirrored ones). I do have a belt saved with % intelligence (only 9% but it's better than none and was relatively affordable, 3 c).

My Replica Stampede are proving problematic the more I get closer to being able to equip them. They just won't 3 red XD. Right now, I have 2 red and 2 blue on them, but not enough chrome to force them on the bench. And I've been picking up all chromatic items off the ground. I may go 2R2B (and keep increased duration out) until I can either force it or decide to say Effit and spend more chrome to try to get it naturally.

If I had plenty of jewellers and fusings, I would use the old method of forcing 2, then playing 2 sockets-3 sockets until I get the 3rd red, then hope for a blue. We shall see what happens first.

I also definitely have Archnemesis with a burning passion. Tried a lvl 55 heist yesterday after a contract dropped. Everything went well. A divine even dropped...but a AN mob with Executor, Hasted and Bonebreaker popped in the last room before exit, jumped on me and one-shot stomped me. Needless to say, I logged out and silently cursed for a while.

1. The chaos recipe bottleneck is rings/amulets, and you get them easily via heists and now AN mobs/Lake maps. Everyone does a full stash of chaos recipe (24c per) at least 3-5 times to get the initial funds to do stuff. I collect the 1x3 weapons (unid'd of course) only, so 2 chests, 2 helms, 2 gloves, 2 boots, 2 belts, 4 weapons, 2 rings, and 2 amulets fit nicely and give you 4c per turnin.

2. You seem to know the trick of getting 3R1B on the boots. Get 2 sockets, then 25 chromatics for 2 red, then do 3 sockets and 2 sockets until you hit 3 red. You should have plenty of jeweler orbs to do that. Then go for 4 sockets and if you hit green go back to 3 and try 4 again.

HOWEVER -- early on, the simpler thing to do is to get 3R1B on your icetomb! That's trivial to do, and you can just 4L the stampede and get 4B for now!

3. Ouch, losing that divine had to hurt more. Damn. If you had the stampede on, you'd just run back through mobs ignoring them (and cycloning) and you might have made it out safely!
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 28, 2022, 9:08:09 PM
I have already been able to do 2-3 recipes from lakes and I'm halfway through Act 7. Now taking a break to help hubby level something else (as I lower my level to match his but still cyclone XD).

Well, I managed to get the colors on the boots, and my Icetomb with 1 chrome got me 4 linked, 3 blue, 1 red. + an extra blue, so providence smiling?

I updated my helm, rings and hands too!

And yes, I still sting now. I have live search open for chests and amulets...still out of my price range for right now. Still, I believe I got some good improvements. :)
"
King_Haart wrote:
What are folks doing for their Atlas passive trees?

I focus on delve and expedition right now, and I am thinking to respec to blight later. youtubers recommend essences, so everyone doing essences and the price drops 😁
For stun immunity we need it on jewels to reach ~95%. So for example:

One fertile mind for corrupting blood immunity - cheap to vaal yourself.
One brute force for ~24% chance to avoid Stun - cheap to vaal yourself.

So the remaining 3 stun implicits need to go on:
- Watcher's eye
- Cluster Jewels
- Forbiddens

These can get expensive to vaal and brick, so are we buying them from the market? This can get really expensive. Any other solution that I am overlooking?

In the PoB I see x3 15% stun avoidance on Watchers and 2 clusters, and big 25% on the Gloves.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
For stun immunity we need it on jewels to reach ~95%. So for example:

One fertile mind for corrupting blood immunity - cheap to vaal yourself.
One brute force for ~24% chance to avoid Stun - cheap to vaal yourself.

So the remaining 3 stun implicits need to go on:
- Watcher's eye
- Cluster Jewels
- Forbiddens

These can get expensive to vaal and brick, so are we buying them from the market? This can get really expensive. Any other solution that I am overlooking?

In the PoB I see x3 15% stun avoidance on Watchers and 2 clusters, and big 25% on the Gloves.

The 15% implict you see is from harvest craft that was removed in 3.19.

You can craft up to 25% to gloves/helmet if you have free suffixes and you can get enough resistances elsewhere.

Abyss jewels can roll up to 30% as suffix.

lvl5+ Awakened Cast while Channeling makes you immune to stuns while channeling supported skills. (you need only lvl4 as the staff give +1lvl)
Last edited by Cjin on Aug 29, 2022, 7:17:31 AM
"
Cjin wrote:
lvl5+ Awakened Cast while Channeling makes you immune to stuns while channeling supported skills. (you need only lvl4 as the staff give +1lvl)

Wow, I missed that one!

So ACwC resolves our stun issues for the clearing setup completely?! :)
For the bossing setup, do we care about the stun immunity?

I will roll with ACwC and see if I get stunned a lot.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

There's some pretty cheap body armour, rings and amulets out there. These only cost me a handful of chaos:

And now I'm on 5K ES and enough DPS to comfortably do mid-yellow maps. I still get the occasional death but it's less common for sure now. Still missing Polymath and Annointments and most of the jewels.

For WI, I recommend buying the map needed to get 6 socket craft recipe and then buy the jeweler's orbs, not expensive. If you can get a staff with +18% Int even better - put an alert on trade as they go cheap sometimes, I got lucky with mine for 1c.

Now though I seem to have hit a bit of a wall in upgrading as some of the remaining items like cluster jewels and forbidden jewels, plus actual good gear, are costing multiple divines *each*. I only have had 1 divine drop, plus about another one worth of chaos, so now I have to figure out where my next best power jump will come from (aside from Lab and Annointments of course).

Regarding annointments - is Steelwood Stance really the best we can do? Not Charisma (to try fit Hatred maybe), or Breath of Rime, or Mystic Talents, or Sanctum of Thought, or even Whirling Barrier to save ~5 points?

EDIT: Just dropped a divine from Delve, what is best bang-for-buck to spend it on?
Last edited by King_Haart on Aug 29, 2022, 11:35:23 AM
Re the concern for stun: I use Brine King and take the 30% recovery additional bonus.

This has not been a problem in practice at all. Perhaps our worries about stun were overblown.

(If it helps, I am doing T16 maps, Elder, Shaper, with no issues. 10.5K ES, 2500 int. I crafted my 2 rings, belt, and amulet. Also note I have a slightly different passive tree that gives me more int and damage, at the cost of losing Safeguard.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 29, 2022, 2:51:29 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:

Regarding annointments - is Steelwood Stance really the best we can do? Not Charisma (to try fit Hatred maybe), or Breath of Rime, or Mystic Talents, or Sanctum of Thought, or even Whirling Barrier to save ~5 points?

EDIT: Just dropped a divine from Delve, what is best bang-for-buck to spend it on?

get %int belts and craft with deafening essences. look for cheap rings with 100+ int and resists and okay downsides. ditto for the amulet.

you can do that with just your chaos and hold on to the divine for later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info