[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I have a few questions.

- Once you've gone CI and are toward the end of the leveling portion of the trees that is 'go through rest of the campaign', do you go for Ghost Reaver as soon as possible or do you prioritize something else?

- Cluster jewels should be 10 passives max with Cold to the Core only required right? (asking because I have managed to drop 2 large clusters with 10 and 8 passives for cold damage). One is ilvl 77 and the other 54.

- What are the best flasks and suffixed/prefixes on them? The names have changed a lot since the last time I played. For example, staunching used to be for bleeding/corrupted blood.

- For the Split Personalities, should we prioritize INT + EVA or INT + ES?

- With Trickster, do we care about Forbidden Flesh/Flame? And if yes, what should we focus on?

Asking all in advance as I'm closing on maps and taking notes as I go when not helping hubby level what I hope will be his proper build (spark totems).
Any tips for Alva missions? I fail most of them, barely manage to upgrade a room and then no time to clear and open paths.
Idk how people manage to stack so much int...I have only 1800 and even with better gear I think it would be 2000 max, wtf
Last edited by glorioza on Aug 29, 2022, 6:32:14 PM
1. I would strongly suggest you avoid Ghost Reaver for now. I have found the 5K ES/sec regen I have without that to be invaluable.

2. Only use large clusters with 8 passives. More than 8 and it costs too many passive points to select the skills you want.

3. Yeah, the flask names are annoying. All you need to to is get 2 jade flasks ilvl 84 or higher (this is important), scour them if not already white, 4 glassblower orbs to 20% qual them, then use a transmutaton then alterations to reroll the affixes until you hit the two you want (blood/curses.) Do not buy them.

4. Good question regarding eva versus ES on the split personalities. Right now, you can only afford eva most likely, so go with that.

5. The forbidden jewels help a lot with boss and rares killing, and fortunately are cheap (so far.) Opportunistic seems to be the best choice.

6. It's very helpful to learn how to use the Path of Building community fork. Kelvynn has a link to it on page 1. You can experiment with things, and you can also check how items on trade can help you (click on the little + on the lower left of the trade page listing, and then go into PoB, create a custom item, and then paste, save, and add to build -- voila!)

You've barely begun your journey!
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 29, 2022, 6:40:59 PM
So you suggest I skip Ghost Reaver until lvl 90+?

I do have the community fork for PoB and consult it as I level (That's why I can see the leveling trees), but I've never tinkered with it to be honest. Seems quite daunting to do so, although one could argue that everything is daunting with PoE.
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
So you suggest I skip Ghost Reaver until lvl 90+?

I do have the community fork for PoB and consult it as I level (That's why I can see the leveling trees), but I've never tinkered with it to be honest. Seems quite daunting to do so, although one could argue that everything is daunting with PoE.

Ghost Reaver turns off ES regen. So, unless you have something that gives you a % of your ES per second, your ES will stay what it is (e.g., when you are doing the uber lab and run into traps -- you really want to take Ghost Reaver off your passive tree for that.)

In practice, you can leech back your ES quickly by hitting mobs. But if you're hiding from a nasty ArchNem mob and trying to get your ES back up, you're screwed if you have Ghost Reaver.

Note my ES regen is 5k/second after 2 seconds of no damage. So I go to full in a bit more than 2 seconds. It's possible I'll put GR back in when doing Maven etc. so I can outleech the damage I am getting.

So, in summary, it's a personal choice.

(It's fine to stick with the PoB levelling trees for now -- I had my reasons to tweak my tree, and they probably do not apply to you.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 29, 2022, 9:35:55 PM
Great build at an affordable price.
Managed to cleared all content except feared and the uber pinnacle bosses.

Having a big issue with surviving during the invulnerable phases. Anyone managed to overcome this?

I can invest more into the build but having no regen during these phases will still be an issue even with more damage and ehp.

I am currently at 2.4k int and 9k es.
The writhing jar

Kill the worm to keep iverleech going
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
@Kelvynn how did you craft your helmet without Harvest? Or did you buy it off the market? They go for ~8 divines now...
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
@Kelvynn how did you craft your helmet without Harvest? Or did you buy it off the market? They go for ~8 divines now...

I explained how to craft the helmet deterministically a few pages back:

1.buy ilvl 79 Hubris Circlet with no influence.
2.Spam it with Essence of Spite until it has good Energy shield rolls and 1 Open Suffix, bonus if you get a good resist on it.
3.If you dont have full prefixes, craft a prefix so you are full.
4. You should now have 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes - use a Hunter's Exalted Orb to gurantee one of two mods on the helm: 6-8% Increased Int or 9-10% Increased int.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 30, 2022, 10:51:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info