[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

Ok its pretty nice now..got a basic +3 bow with chaos dot multi..huge difference
Next goal is improve my items..
A hunter bow is not really cheap on console lol
Forum Guide Updated!

The entire Forum Guide has now been updated to be aligned with the new 3.20 changes I have made to the Build! For those who haven't watched my Youtube Videos you can now properly see all the changes in each Stage and the new Skill Tree's and PoB's!

I don't really keep a changelog but here are just a quick list of most of the things that are changed.

Leveling:
Gem Skills for Leveling Act 1-10 (Fixed Freezing Pulse links)
Leveling Path of Building (Updated for 3.20)

Stage 1:
Skill Tree & PoB (Updated for 3.20)
Gem Links (Some changed Gems)
Gear (New Helmet for Stage 1)

Stage 2:
Main Item Upgrades (Moved Inspired Learning since it doesn't fit for such early Stage)
Gem Upgrades (added Determination & Defiance Banner for more tankiness)

Stage 3:
Main Item Upgrades (Added new Bow and Crafting Guide Video for the Bow, Added optional Annoint for more Damage, Added Inspired Learning in this section)

Added Stage 4 for Min-Maxers:
Bossing PoB for people looking to easily kill Endgame Bosses.
Mapping PoB for people who want to have extra good clearing for Mapping.

TLDR;:
Updated TLDR; with all PoB's for easier access.
Hello there,

been enjoying the build

Wouldnt it be earlier stronger if you go for a "Misery Everlasting" 2P Cluster, get Vile bastion and spec into Ghost dance for a Defence layer? Before you acquire asenaths that could be a very viable thing to do and wouldnt be too expensive

Since you take Unholy Authority for Cursing Hexproof enemies and +1 Curse and on the stage 2 you don't have 2 Curses, only 1 and that would help with Stun Immunity aswell

Also you should change Steelskin to VMS/Molten Shell since its a larger defensive Upgrade
"
aeterix wrote:
Hello there,

been enjoying the build

Wouldnt it be earlier stronger if you go for a "Misery Everlasting" 2P Cluster, get Vile bastion and spec into Ghost dance for a Defence layer? Before you acquire asenaths that could be a very viable thing to do and wouldnt be too expensive

Since you take Unholy Authority for Cursing Hexproof enemies and +1 Curse and on the stage 2 you don't have 2 Curses, only 1 and that would help with Stun Immunity aswell

Also you should change Steelskin to VMS/Molten Shell since its a larger defensive Upgrade

Going for Ghost Dance and Vile Bastion would be extremely temporary since we will be using "Divine Flesh" for most of our defences in this build.

I do agreed that Unholy Authority is kinda weird now adays after the nerfs, specially if you don't use 2 curses, which only happens if you have the Asenaths Gloves. And having curses against Hexproof enemies is only a QoL in certain maps for some more damage, it isn't extremely important.

So in this situation I would say, either go for Unholy Authority and have that QoL and then the Temp Chains curse on Caustic Arrow hit if you go for the gloves.

OR

Go for Frigid Wake for Chill/Freeze Immunity and then use a different Pantheon.

And as for the Steelskin/Molten Shell, I would say it's up to the person, I like Steelskin for the anti-bleed and then having anti-cp in the Build as well. But Molten Shell probably makes you a bit tankier, yeah.
how many divines do i need to run this build smooth?
"
ShadovV666 wrote:

This build was sadly a lot more expensive this League than it usually is, but I would say at the current state of the League maybe somewhere between 20-30 divines?

That will give you the main gear and some strong awakened gems, the bow and so on.
"
ShadovV666 wrote:

Depends on your definition on "smooth". What content are you trying to run? As far as bossing, this build would still probably be not that great even at 100 div investment.

Mapping though... ~30 div for comfortable T16s. And most of that is the bow, which is easy to craft (check youtube). I feel like you absolutely need at least one cluster branch full. If you wanna go uber fast, use Bisco's belt, Inspired Learning and Herald of Ash iteration of this build (poe.ninja). It lacks survivability, but boy, it's fast.

I believe my character FindingPopcorn is public, so you can check it out. I'm running a little "safer" flavor since I'm juicing my maps a little. Spent probably around 60-80 div already.
"
silas66 wrote:
"
ShadovV666 wrote:

Depends on your definition on "smooth". What content are you trying to run? As far as bossing, this build would still probably be not that great even at 100 div investment.

Mapping though... ~30 div for comfortable T16s. And most of that is the bow, which is easy to craft (check youtube). I feel like you absolutely need at least one cluster branch full. If you wanna go uber fast, use Bisco's belt, Inspired Learning and Herald of Ash iteration of this build (poe.ninja). It lacks survivability, but boy, it's fast.

I believe my character FindingPopcorn is public, so you can check it out. I'm running a little "safer" flavor since I'm juicing my maps a little. Spent probably around 60-80 div already.

It all depends on skill as well, I'm about 35~40 div deep into my build? And I've done 60% deli T16 with Exarch altars, Breaches and Legions and so on. And I just hit 99 with under 100 deaths^^

But... I have played this build 3 leagues in a row now and know it inside out lol

And for bossing, I have the mapping setup and easily do all endgame bosses except for Ubers. Which I suggest no one should even try with this build, no matter what your investment, Ubers is gonna be giga hard unless you're Darkee2.0
Last edited by Bergerbrush on Jan 3, 2023, 6:35:05 PM
Hi All

loving the build so far.

I'm level 94, 1 level behind the 95 PoB that i've been following.. but i can see I'm a total of 3 skill points behind the PoB.

I killed the bandits for +2 and I have 24 passives when I use /passives.

Does anyone have any ideas what I've missed!?

Thanks,

Oli
"
oliverjl1 wrote:
Hi All

loving the build so far.

I'm level 94, 1 level behind the 95 PoB that i've been following.. but i can see I'm a total of 3 skill points behind the PoB.

I killed the bandits for +2 and I have 24 passives when I use /passives.

Does anyone have any ideas what I've missed!?

Thanks,

Oli

What PoB exactly are you following?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info