[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

Hi. I have followed your build exactly and even got the very expensive forbidden flesh jewels. Despite my defences I find that I'm dieing a lot 😔 My other build is a chieftain totem build,at a fraction of the cost of this one and out preforms this much to my suprise 😱 can you please look at my build and see if I'm doing something wrong 😊

Thanks 👍
Tried this build on a level 81 necro I had laying around (respecced into Occult) - must say, it feels a lot better than I thought. Last time I tried Death's Oath it felt super bad (granted it was like 8 Leagues ago) so I was a bit skeptical, but for less than 10 divines I got my lvl81 dude running alched T16s with no issues whatsoever.

Missing a few points to populate the cluster jewels and it should be fine afterwards - survivability is a bit on the low-end but I won't complain about it since the build isn't meant to face-tank I imagine; just enough survivability for you to slip up once here or there.

+1 for the build!

Quick edit: Is there another version with more expensive items? I've got a couple voices from a HoAG build; is there a way it could be incorporated here for more damage? Or is this tree pretty much optimized?
Last edited by Pedro3051 on Jan 21, 2023, 11:49:02 AM
"
Pedro3051 wrote:
Tried this build on a level 81 necro I had laying around (respecced into Occult) - must say, it feels a lot better than I thought. Last time I tried Death's Oath it felt super bad (granted it was like 8 Leagues ago) so I was a bit skeptical, but for less than 10 divines I got my lvl81 dude running alched T16s with no issues whatsoever.

Missing a few points to populate the cluster jewels and it should be fine afterwards - survivability is a bit on the low-end but I won't complain about it since the build isn't meant to face-tank I imagine; just enough survivability for you to slip up once here or there.

+1 for the build!

Quick edit: Is there another version with more expensive items? I've got a couple voices from a HoAG build; is there a way it could be incorporated here for more damage? Or is this tree pretty much optimized?

Uhm, the Stage 4 versions are mostly optimized. I guess there are some extreme things you could do, but as I make builds for the general public I usually don't go to the extreme in any situation^^
Hello, is this somehow HC viable ?
"
Ngbaka wrote:
Hello, is this somehow HC viable ?

One of my viewers played it in HC and did "fairly" well from my understanding. But he did many changes to the build in order to play it in HC.

My versions should absolutely not be played in HC, and even if you did many changes to make it much much tankier. I assume you would suffer DPS problems then instead.

So it depends on what content you are aiming to do I would assume.
"
cove1974 wrote:
Hi. I have followed your build exactly and even got the very expensive forbidden flesh jewels. Despite my defences I find that I'm dieing a lot 😔 My other build is a chieftain totem build,at a fraction of the cost of this one and out preforms this much to my suprise 😱 can you please look at my build and see if I'm doing something wrong 😊

Thanks 👍

Dieing a lot where and from what? Mapping,including guardians,shouldn't be a problem at all - u just immortal from ascencion + tree nodes + decent hp + convert taken damage in chaos dmg + some armor determ defience + some evasion + grace + hexproof + explodes from tree or gloves. If u dieing on bosses it's lack of bossing exp mby. Cuz I compared ur build with mine and ur is a lot better and I don't have problems with surviveability. And when I'm dieing I know It was or oneshot because lack of skill(especially on uber elder)/ or my carelessness or just some random roa under grace with extra damage mods with crits

build have 50k pehp and 30 ele. It's not tanky build but mby some zoning will raise ur surv. I'm delving rn and feels comfortable.
"
Zartarux wrote:
"
cove1974 wrote:

Thanks 👍

Dieing a lot where and from what? Mapping,including guardians,shouldn't be a problem at all - u just immortal from ascencion + tree nodes + decent hp + convert taken damage in chaos dmg + some armor determ defience + some evasion + grace + hexproof + explodes from tree or gloves. If u dieing on bosses it's lack of bossing exp mby. Cuz I compared ur build with mine and ur is a lot better and I don't have problems with surviveability. And when I'm dieing I know It was or oneshot because lack of skill(especially on uber elder)/ or my carelessness or just some random roa under grace with extra damage mods with crits

build have 50k pehp and 30 ele. It's not tanky build but mby some zoning will raise ur surv. I'm delving rn and feels comfortable.

Some people can be very new to PoE or specific playstyles. This DO build is decently tanky and idk what problem people have when sometimes I get feedback like "I die all the time".

It's hard to pinpoint or help those people out sadly. I myself got to level 99 under 80 deaths this league. But of course I am very experienced in the game and with the character.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
Zartarux wrote:
"
cove1974 wrote:

Thanks 👍

Some people can be very new to PoE or specific playstyles. This DO build is decently tanky and idk what problem people have when sometimes I get feedback like "I die all the time".

It's hard to pinpoint or help those people out sadly. I myself got to level 99 under 80 deaths this league. But of course I am very experienced in the game and with the character.

Fr
Hi just rerolled into this one and have been enjoying it so far. Just curious what map mods cant be run as I plan to farm some 8 mod corrupted maps soon :) Thanks again for the build!
"
Sleepersz wrote:
Hi just rerolled into this one and have been enjoying it so far. Just curious what map mods cant be run as I plan to farm some 8 mod corrupted maps soon :) Thanks again for the build!

Personally when I am using the mapping setup gear, I do all map mods^^ Since I am curse immune, don't leech, don't reflect, don't care about regen and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info