3.19 Trickster Poisonous Concoction theory crafting build + PoB

Unfortunately Alchemist Mark is a bait. It scales off of a single poison, which this build does not endorse well, in fact no build really endorses the new gem except potentially ignite builds. If you end up doing 10M damage with each poison dealing 211k damage over ~4 seconds (52k DPS) 73% of one poison only gives 38k more damage. Poacher’s mark is already 10% more damage on that one enemy. Big yikes from the balance department on the numbers here, especially since it is themed around poison builds that don't exist.
BETA Member since August 11, 2011 11:02
"
Unfortunately Alchemist Mark is a bait. It scales off of a single poison, which this build does not endorse well, in fact no build really endorses the new gem except potentially ignite builds. If you end up doing 10M damage with each poison dealing 211k damage over ~4 seconds (52k DPS) 73% of one poison only gives 38k more damage. Poacher’s mark is already 10% more damage on that one enemy. Big yikes from the balance department on the numbers here, especially since it is themed around poison builds that don't exist.

I will try that mark in anyway. But that thing can fit at least for utility purposes. It gives additional flask charge so its a deal for me for at least giving it a chance.
I managed to get 8 more damage by LVL 95 /quote
Booooo :^D get more unique masteries

To not take one step ahead seems sinful to me, it is the main reason for why would i take shadow over something a lot more powerful and versatile like occultist or even scion that can get ascendancy from 3 classes 2+1jewel

Tricksterpill me guys, i want to feel confident tomorrow.
If this fails to feel good I'm screwed because shadow has only traps and mines as alternative and that gameplay is unbearable.

"

To not take one step ahead seems sinful to me, it is the main reason for why would i take shadow over something a lot more powerful and versatile like occultist or even scion that can get ascendancy from 3 classes 2+1jewel

If this fails to feel good I'm screwed because shadow has only traps and mines as alternative and that gameplay is unbearable.

I think there is nothing else to add. In this build One Step Ahead will only work as a fifth ascendancy
"
QuasTrionis wrote:
"

I think there is nothing else to add. In this build One Step Ahead will only work as a fifth ascendancy

I did not plan to remove offensive masteries, but i will replace the defensive ones with heartstopper and one steap ahead. Eventually getting the jewels for 4. mastery and removing heartstopper.

Just an FYI to anyone planning this build: the PoB's damage is inflated due to an incorrect amount of overlaps. You need a source of Inc AoE to get the full 9 overlaps.

Additionally, without a Wither totem setup, you won't be getting a full 15 stacks of Wither. Withering Step alone isn't enough, so I recommend running a totem setup for bosses.

At 18 radius (base, as shown in this PoB), PConc only gets 4.5avg overlaps with GMP and GV. You need to get 21 radius (37% inc AoE) to get the full 9 overlaps. Either run Inc AoE Support instead of a damage link, or run a Carcass Jack.

Adjusting the PoB to reflect these values, the dps drops from 15M to a more realistic 4.7M. Easily fixed with the changes I outlined above, so don't forget them!

Edit: After looking into it further, I really don't recommend Covenant, as it will be extremely expensive since many builds will be looking to try it. Going for Carcass Jack gets almost the exact same DPS as Covenant + Inc AoE Support, and it will be astronomically cheaper
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Aug 18, 2022, 8:11:57 PM
"
"
QuasTrionis wrote:
"

I did not plan to remove offensive masteries, but i will replace the defensive ones with heartstopper and one steap ahead. Eventually getting the jewels for 4. mastery and removing heartstopper.

Giving up good defense nodes to some kind of 5 sec this 5 sec that kinda bad idea in my opinion. I wouldn't go there but if you want go for it.
"
OriginalPhee wrote:
Just an FYI to anyone planning this build: the PoB's damage is inflated due to an incorrect amount of overlaps. You need a source of Inc AoE to get the full 9 overlaps.

Additionally, without a Wither totem setup, you won't be getting a full 15 stacks of Wither. Withering Step alone isn't enough, so I recommend running a totem setup for bosses.

At 18 radius (base, as shown in this PoB), PConc only gets 4.5avg overlaps with GMP and GV. You need to get 21 radius (37% inc AoE) to get the full 9 overlaps. Either run Inc AoE Support instead of a damage link, or run a Carcass Jack.

Adjusting the PoB to reflect these values, the dps drops from 15M to a more realistic 4.7M. Easily fixed with the changes I outlined above, so don't forget them!

Edit: After looking into it further, I really don't recommend Covenant, as it will be extremely expensive since many builds will be looking to try it. Going for Carcass Jack gets almost the exact same DPS as Covenant + Inc AoE Support, and it will be astronomically cheaper

Totally a good point. I just double checked PoB so how to resolve issue. At the beginning Carcass Jack is definitely a way. But I want to set it up afterwards like this. I want to have PC 20% AoE enchant. + 21 lvl 20 quality (it gives another 10% AoE) and to pack it up with Dying Sun. It will fix the AoE issue for sure. But youre totally right that at first Carcass jack is a good thing.
Last edited by QuasTrionis on Aug 18, 2022, 8:19:49 PM
Am I insane for thinking Soul Drinker and Energy Leech Support are perfect for this build?

Soul Drinker's line that says ES leech effects aren't removed at full ES should mean that both of Energy Leech's More mods are pretty much always in effect.
Last edited by wolfkstaag on Aug 22, 2022, 12:47:48 PM
I play similar build to the pob here which has poacher mark and mark on hit while planning to transition in to dark scorn build after i get rich.(which is not going to happen with this no loot league unless i flip items)

Anyway, i was testing the mark-on hit with poacher mark and it did not actually proc for me. I had 176mana and needed 68for the mark.
to proc i was using poison conc(41mana) which is the main attack (did not work)

I believe that I'm the one doing something wrong here, i never used mark skill before it is new to me so I'm here just to ask how to fix it. My accuracy is 99% at max frenzy 88% without. Are we supposed to apply it with default-attack perhaps?

And if you have some simple suggestions to improve my build let me know.
https://poe.ninja/pob/EA9

I feel like god while maping in low tiers (under 10 so far), but at endgame bosses and some nemesis rares it takes too long to kill. I throw out wither totems, spam boss with some poisoned juice and hope he dies before i do.

108% action speed+phasing, onslaught and 9 frenzy charges make me go as fast as i go only with headhunter on my previous builds.

So even in my poor man's version of this it is very fun and can recommend.

I spend few hundred fuses on this and did not even get 5l yet :^D but it is my planned upgrade.

I average at around 200% speed, sacrificing ehp to reach it but it just feels too good.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info