3.19 Trickster Poisonous Concoction theory crafting build + PoB

"
zatloluk wrote:
I think it would be better to focus on defensive ascendancies rather than damage. Defensive nodes have much more value, Poisonous Concoction gets a lot of damage from the level of the gem, and by taking defensive ascendancies you can focus on damage on the passive tree.
I would make it an ES/Evasion hybrid so:
Escape Artist -> ES and extra evasion from gear.
Soul Drinker -> ES leech that works even if you have full ES
Spellbreaker -> Spell suppression + ES recharge when spell suppression triggers
Heartstopper or Swift killer if you have Snakebite

I'd still think about Swift killer because you need Snakebite and Frenzy charges will be hard to generate, especially on bosses unless you have, say, Farrul's Fur, Way of the Poacher Forbidden Jewel or Anomalous Blood Rage. I would definitely avoid Swift Killer from the start of the league.

In the gems I see Alchemist Mark, it can solve the flask refill problem, but it doesn't increase the damage much since we're not running big poison damage, but rather a lot of small ones.

But it's a cool idea, I'm also very tempted to start with Poisonous Concoction from trickster.

I think taking out Polymath or Swift killer is a bad idea. First of all one of the main reasons why I decided to take trickster is a wonderful +2 frenzy charge node. We don't have any problems generating frenzy charges. While we mapping we have blood rage that gives us constant frenzy charges and on a boss fights we generate frenzies through "10% chance to gain frenzy charge when you Hit your marked enemy" per one attack we hit enemy with each projectiles in our case its 9. So we don't have ANY problems generating frenzy charges. Also, I can't consider dropping off Polymath because it gives a good damage boost and leaving this thing behind build will deal much less dmg. So, I don't think that it might work. Maybe, only in HC perspective it makes some sense.

Edit. I forgot, also polymath gives 8% max life / mana / ES on kill this thing gives a huge survivability bonus while mapping so I'm 100% sure that taking out polymath is a bad idea.
Last edited by QuasTrionis on Aug 15, 2022, 8:24:52 AM
"
"
QuasTrionis wrote:
"
buruc666 wrote:
Nice, i have been thinking similar way to start. its a breeze to get of the ground, in early acts as soon as you get PC after marvail act 1 lvl 12. so much dot dmg at the beginning and you get blood drinker for 2% life recovery on kill from lvl 14/15 ish which is great.
I like the frenzy charge stacking wondering if that might work with other chaos dot archetypes aswell, since they cant use snakebite gloves.
Also would the new lvl 29 added chaos damage from that overworked unique chest also be a help for this? Since initial hit also counts towards poison dmg at 30% value? its like adding 2x awakened added chaod dmg... :D

Hi, I can say for sure that frenzy stacking will work with any poison skill that is based on attacks the only question how to generate frenzy charges. And speaking about covenant It might be a good thing. Also, taking covenant resolves mana issues and the only thing that build needs is life gain on hit which covers life loss on our attacks and give another good defense layer. So, its definitely worth the try.

It does not solve the mana problem. It was changed to add life cost based on mana cost, so you spend life + mana now. I would use Dialla's Malefaction instead, and play around with alternate quality on supports, and get +2 to PC

To be honest I really like covenant's Damage buff so even if its won't resolve mana issues I'm still interested in trying out this chest.
Doesn't it affect dps?

The Veiled modifier that grants increased Duration of Ailments you inflict while Focused now has values of 81-90% (previously 161-180%).
Crafted versions of this modifier have been adjusted, now provide values of 41-50% at the lowest tier, and 81-90% at the highest tier.

Pob has old mod in the helmet slot
"
eduloots wrote:
Doesn't it affect dps?

The Veiled modifier that grants increased Duration of Ailments you inflict while Focused now has values of 81-90% (previously 161-180%).
Crafted versions of this modifier have been adjusted, now provide values of 41-50% at the lowest tier, and 81-90% at the highest tier.

Pob has old mod in the helmet slot

It affects damage a lot in a bad way. Right now I'm waiting for a new PoB to see all the changes. As soon as Pob update will be uploaded I will apply all the changes and I will double check is it worth to start on this build.
Hey
Can u check this one pls https://pastebin.com/GxA57u9W
Hello!

Any news about this build? :)

Im quite interested in it!
How about squeezing in temp chains aswell somehow. like we need poachers mark for mana recovery on bosses is guess? what was the intention behind that?
"
goncharov92 wrote:
Hello!

Any news about this build? :)

Im quite interested in it!

Hi, I just updated pob. Considering all the changes I had to change the build a little bit so I could squeeze in all auras wanted.
Last edited by QuasTrionis on Aug 17, 2022, 6:41:31 PM
"
buruc666 wrote:
How about squeezing in temp chains aswell somehow. like we need poachers mark for mana recovery on bosses is guess? what was the intention behind that?

Hi, I just updated PoB. I managed to get life + mana on hit. It actually covers up all the issues with the life and mana. Also, Its doesn't seem real to squeeze in temp chain anyhow.
Last edited by QuasTrionis on Aug 17, 2022, 6:42:22 PM
"
ZeroTwoDesu wrote:
Hey
Can u check this one pls https://pastebin.com/GxA57u9W

Well, first of all don't give up on a wither effect. It gives a good damage bonus. definitely take Corruption node on amulet. Talking about everything else I would say it looks ok I hope it will workout for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info