[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"

Some guy mentioned giving mobs a reverse Point Blank effect, so that the closer the player is to the mob, the less damage the player takes. That might be the easiest solution. And it might also add some interesting gameplay for Ranged players as well (like Ranged players rushing into Melee range to tank a specific hit, instead of standing still off-screen.)

Maybe removing Resolute Technique altogether and making no attacks miss (Personally I've always hated the concept of 'Accuracy'), and instead leaving the Critical Evasion aspect of Accuracy/Evasion (maybe even double it to compensate for the lack of missing.)

The miss factor is one of the worst things Poe has. Try to start as a Templar as your first char. He needs to hit Hillock with his ice-hammer. Its terrible experience to see half your hits miss at close range... Its everything but 'hardcore'.

I like the idea of reverse point blanc.

+1
For sync, both client and server, mobs have a ways they react to a player, but do they have ways to react to each other? Mobs are like cars in traffic. They are on the same side but in some way have to react to each other as they pursue your character. That seems like where the big client/server disparities occur. For example when you are trapped server side but not client side. Another is when something walks into your room client side but not server side. When you click the mob in your room, the server sees that as you want to walk into the other room to attack it. This can be bad if the other room is packed with sparking skeletons x.x This is where improved synergy between mobs would come into play. If monster movements were more uniform with each other, then the client may better predict when you are trapped or when something is entering your room. If we look at busy multilane street and then imagine 5 exact copies, are they going to behave more same way if everyone is hustling to get around each other to get to where they are going? Probably not. Some will have traffic jams and some may even have collisions. If drivers follow a pattern and work together then traffic is more smooth and predictable. That's my observation. I hope it helps with this awesome game :)
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
A wonderfull read !
Thanks alot for taking the time to write all this :)

Path of Exile is a true masterpiece and will only continue to grow :3

"
Dreggon wrote:
Desync request: Have a 'ghost' version of your character which is entirely server-side and is communicated to your client, i.e. if my client says I'm in a hallway but the server says I'm currently being reamed by three rare mobs in the room I just left, I can see my character's ghost being attacked. This would also allow you to have enemies attacking your server location since it would be clear as to what is happening.

This won't work since the ghost obviously would also be affected by the same latency that is causing the desync in the first place. If the client knew exactly where it's server side version was, it could just draw it there..
Thanks for the great walls of text.
Was a good read, like your developement decisions and the good response to player feedback.

Must have been a pain in the ass to write while having more important issues at hand.
"
xultimax wrote:
why does PoE have out-of-sync problems and Diablo 3 does not?

you didn't play d3 then cuz there is a lot of rubberbanding in D3
In the races, will the prize for finsihing first still be Demigods Triumph or will it be something in else in each season?

Also
"
Chris wrote:
We are investigating ways to add survivability specifically to melee characters in ways that don't also benefit ranged characters.

i love you.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 12, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
I've thought a little,

What if there was an offset passive tree, you gain 1 offset point every 10 levels wich you can use on 1 big passive that grants lets say, 10% armour, 10% phys dmg, 10% element dmg, 6% to all res inc chaos, 8% life, 8% mana, 10% spell dmg, 10% evasion, 10% energy shield etc etc you get those passives every 10 levels as a level bonus. those values above are just examples but in certain games they do have a kind of system where at specific levels you get a boost of everything.
for example (sorry for mentioning other games) but league of legends. every 10 levels you get you go from tier 1 runes at level 1-10, tier 2 runes from 10-20 and tier 3 runes at 20-30?.

there could be a system implemented in poe that every class gets the above passives as a bonus per 10 levels and stops at max level. and each 10 levels the bonus drops by 0.5-1% so at level 100 you still get 1-3% bonus of the passives mentioned above, that would help low levels and also balance out melee / ele / ranged / yada yada yada, just my opinion.
I love the plans for Loot Allocation modes. I hope that the third mode with longer allocation duration will actually have a long duration, at least 15-20 seconds (or even more), so we don't have to worry about ninja-looting ever again. I'd love a forth mode with instanced loot system, like in Torchlight 2, so we wouldn't see others' items; the screen would be much clearer in parties with item labels turned on.

The system will allow everyone to play the way they want. Friends who trust each other, and don't want to wait for loot can use the FFA system. People who enjoy the current system, and those, who enjoy ninja looting can play in parties with FFA or short timers. And public parties can use the long timers. I personally will be able to run in parties again. I don't have friends playing the game, and right now every public party (even no ninja ones) are full of ninjas, and I hate ninjas, and I can't play in groups because of them. Playing with other people is really fun in my opinion, and I will be able to enjoy that after the changes.
"
iggy4mayor wrote:
"
xultimax wrote:
why does PoE have out-of-sync problems and Diablo 3 does not?

you didn't play d3 then cuz there is a lot of rubberbanding in D3

i played Dibalo 3 til last week and i never noticed any out-of-syncs problems!

Serefkana is probably right that the movement of characters and mobs is different between these two games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info