Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

"
Charan wrote:
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
Gorthen wrote:
if I went pure evasion i would evade stuff and not need the HP.

I wish it worked like this..

Does anyone have any examples of an ARPG or MMO where it does? I'm not asking facetiously, I'd genuinely like to know. Every MMO I've played where I've gone rogue-type, I've been basically paper: weak as, sharp as.

It's been a while since I played Champions... not since about 2 years ago, before they implemented the new secondary build model. Back then, however, it was possible to build a character with the right powers that could avoid about 70% of all attacks for no damage. It may still be possible. They designed that game so the 'tank' type characters need not be tanks by simply bulking on armor. Evasion/avoidance based tanks were viable, as were regeneration tanks (which was the type I played, quite successfully), and energy shield tanks.
sad but true
It seems that no one has pointed out the entropy counter on evade and this is why evasion by itself, unless you go iron reflexes, will never work very well.

Entropy works as such

A player is fighting three monsters, one(A) with a 70% chance to hit and two(B,C) with a 45% chance to hit.
A attacks. The player's entropy is a random number between 0-99, in this case 37.
A adds 70 to the counter, raising it to 100 or greater, and hits. 100 is subtracted and the counter is now 7.
B attacks, adding 45. 52
C attacks, adding 45. 97
A attacks, adding 70. This hits and the counter becomes 67. It happens to be a critical strike, which means it has a 70% chance to do bonus damage. This roll is independent and doesn't affect entropy.
The player runs away for >6 seconds, so a new entropy value will be rolled on the next attack.

If you want to get acrobatics you cant just stick with the basic dodge % chance you get. i picked up every frenzy node +1 from kraytlin. then got Daresso's Defiance and Darkray Vectors. right now w/ max frenzy stacks (8) i have a 62% chance to flat out dodge.

since they roll seperately it works out pretty well so far
was wrong nvm
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Apr 19, 2014, 6:33:24 PM
"
Charan wrote:

my need for smaller, more significant scaling of damage/life/healing.

BG and BG2 come to my mind as good examples. Old games, but great ones - the latter expecially!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Just a small comment on this whole thread for the original poster. It seems to me that your main issue is a general lack of knowledge on this game, or at least a lack of knowledge as to how to build an efficient evasion based ranger. In that case make "I need help thread on ranger forums / gamemechanic forums and ask for help instead of posting titles like "evasion rating = worthless".

Really it just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
this thread is a year old - whats being discussed in here is null and void now.
"
Junkx wrote:
I wish I could just reach through my monitor and punch people in the face when they bump posts like this.
"
Junkx wrote:

Exactly this. Evasion got hugely buffed since then.
"
Courageous wrote:
Chances are all but certain this is a low life build. Sadly, with that much evasion, that probably means the character is a lost cause. :-(

--C

It does sound like he has a "glass cannon" build. I have a summoner that is uber fun to play with 14 skeletons, 8 zombies, and 2 spectres, but traversing the passive tree to get that many minions means my life at level 71 is below 2500 and I can be one shot easily so I have to be super careful to stay way back from the mobs and bosses. Even then desync and rubberbanding can smack me dead because the damn server thinks I've moved toward the danger instead of away from it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 20, 2014, 10:02:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info