Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

"
kasub wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:
this thread is a year old - whats being discussed in here is null and void now.

Exactly this. Evasion got hugely buffed since then.

Evasion has been buffed but the choice is still the same. Armor with block is still better than evasion with dodge and block and about 4-10 passive points cheaper.

Also there is some thought that if you could get your armor high enough Armor with block AND dodge is a possibility(im building it now it is passive point heavy though).
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"

Evasion has been buffed but the choice is still the same. Armor with block is still better than evasion with dodge and block and about 4-10 passive points cheaper.

Not necessarily. They fulfill different purposes. Armor is much better in low maps and against big groups but evasion shines in endgame against double damage maps(where sub 20k armor sucks) and is way better against any boss with an attack.

You shouldn't count block when mentioning armor. Evasion characters can take block too.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 20, 2014, 10:22:29 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"

Not necessarily. They fulfill different purposes. Armor is much better in low maps and against big groups but evasion shines in endgame against double damage maps(where sub 20k armor sucks) and is way better against any boss with an attack.

You shouldn't count block when mentioning armor. Evasion characters can take block too.

I did mention block for evasion.

Anyway ive been toying with this build for fun/testing.

Basic armor block dodge fun build(note its just the basic build and you would very good armor gear)

"Blue warrior shot the food"
Evasion is good and all but you just fall over against any physical spells.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
50%ish chance to evade + 30% dodge + 60%ish block + IC on CWDT + Lightning Coil + 5k or more hp = nigh on invincible, if your a half way decent player(assuming capped res) and you can even throw on AA for more phys spell protection as well as the option select spell block or the option select Blind on BoR or otherwise.

I haven't made an armor based end game build since I found these possible combinations in Nem, far superior imo.
Noblesse oblige
Last edited by Yidam_ on Apr 21, 2014, 7:03:44 PM
Evasion useless in HC?

Pick up grace, head to ondars guile, add enfeeble on level 1 cwdt and wear full armor = afk in between of devourers, meatballers, rangers, 90% of chaos mobs etc.... It's so OP thats not even fun sometimes

Oh and the immunity vs certain bosses and exiles, if they're accurate enough to hit you once, (quality) enfeeble makes sure that they won't hit again before curse has expired
Last edited by Jyssi on Apr 21, 2014, 5:26:54 PM
Just two words: Lightning Coil
guys, I'm armor/eva and I dont use IR or US

:O

about to hit 86
S L O W E R
EV/Ondar's is titties.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
Gorthen wrote:
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.

you should have this amount of life or even more in cruel act1
not at lvl 61
sheesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info