Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

Evasion can be extremely helpful, but it should never be considered anything more than just a bonus. Health is the best way to survive. A shield is a must, and I would strongly recommend getting some endurance charges. 5 endurance charges is easy to get as a ranger (+1 from the Duelist part of the tree, and another from Oak). That 25% damage reduction will be extremely helpful with acrobatics.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
Ok so I need way more health... Thanks guys :D I figured if I went pure evasion i would evade stuff and not need the HP... Thank you for the advice and not being asses about it :P I'll reread everything posted and get all the information down :D I got orbs and should be able to redo some of my spec, no worries. I'll definitely get more heath now :)
In addition to getting much more life (which is neccessary for almost all characters, whether you are using armour, evasion, or even non-ci es), also keep in mind that evasion and armour are good for different situations.

Armour is great for tanking lots of low-mid dmg phys-only hits, like when you are surrounded by a crowd of white mobs. Evasion on the other hand is good against one-on-one boss tanking (compared to armour, which is useless against large hits), elemental attackers (eg melee ele skeles, fidelitas), against ranged attackers (with arrow dodgin), and provides some protection against spells (with phase acrobatics).

As an evasion character, you need to avoid being in situations where you are wading through mob packs, by staying mobile/ranged. Since you will be using arrow-dodging, you should be pretty much invulnerable when not in melee range. If you prefer to be a point-blank ranged character, consider using ar/ev hybrid gear, so that you can tank crowds a bit better while still having arrow dodging to protect against ranged attacks.

For pure evasion melee characters, acrobatics, high block chance, and blind is essential. Even then, you should not be playing like a Marauder. You need to constantly stay mobile, using whirling blades against mob packs, and only tanking when you've isolated a rare mob by itself. When fighting bosses, however, you will be having tons of fun face-tanking, because with evasion+acro+block+blind, bosses like brutus pretty much cannot hit you.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Last edited by VoxelSquid on Apr 10, 2013, 8:50:20 PM
"
Courageous wrote:
Once you start doing maps, you'll wish you had closer to 4K health than not. 3K is the absolute floor. I assume you are a bow (ranged) ranger, and not melee.

Take a hard look at your gear, and see if you can can get life on every item. You should also target a good 15 or more health nodes by level 75.

--C

I solo farm high level maps and only have about 2k life as a ranger...there are other ways my friends
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Apr 10, 2013, 10:06:45 PM
Evasion is all right, but when you do get hit, you're going to take the full damage of the hit.

This means:
1) You need more life.
2) You need a way to very quickly restore lost life after getting hit, or very quickly escape, or preferably both.
3) You shouldn't be tanking large groups of enemies.
Or get mass amounts of eva nodes with iron reflexes then run grace and determination and watch yourself got to 8-9k armor not including endurance charges.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
Or get...iron reflexes

Toldja.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 10, 2013, 9:56:27 PM
"
I solo farm... with 2k life....

Brutus' hooks must wreck your whole day. What level are you now?
"
Gorthen wrote:
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.

hp just too low..

i remember when i complete normal at level around 30, i have 500es, 1200hp...
wrong if my girl had more evasion he shouldn't have gotten preggo >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info