Evasion rating = WORTHLESS

I had a melee ranger with Acrobatics/Arrow Dodging.

She was able to survive any single target mob, and like 9999999999 projectile mobs they literaly did no damage to her. But she had like 3k HP at level 60 and a lot of lifesteal/lifeonhit.

The thing with evasion is that youre going to get hit from time to time, and you have to get your health back up before the next hit comes down. Best way i found was using Claw and having Lightning Strike to kill shit.

Eventualy i did something stupidy and she died from a Vaal hammer at level 65, now shes lost in the softore limbo forever.
"
Gorthen wrote:
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.

My marauder has twice your health ans is 10 levels below you.

Get more life
"
NotRegret wrote:
"
Gorthen wrote:
I have arrow dodging, my health is 1267, level 61.

My marauder has twice your health ans is 10 levels below you.

Get more life

I believe this has been said enough this thread.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
lvl 54 dual claw melee ranger here,

Most fun char i ever played so far, things to note on this char to make it effective

Progresion : act 1 mercilles so far (i was tanking the dogs at docks in cruel for a party of 6 alone, take that marauder tanks <.o)

Style of prevered combat : Before enetering a fight --> stack endurance charges to max before entering, pop a molten shell before entering, stack all (6 atm) frenzy charges for a 24% evasion buff before entering ,curse if u have it(i dont atm but doesnt seem to worry me xD) Then whirling blades in combat

Whirling blades with a molten shell on u = AwsomenesSSSSss, its like delivering a big nuke in the midle of packs x)

i got 1600hp atm and i got no problems so far, maybe brutus wil one hit wonder me, i dont know. The thing with this kind of play = u wanna stack endurance charges/molten shell in case a hit lands u are protected, claws are ideal for evasion style because u are most likely hitting really fast/stealing loads of hp. U can basicly "ignore" rangers because of arrow dodging.

Tbh if there was no desync, u could do this with 50hp at merciles (apart from spells i believe)i killed merveil in a race once with this claw ranger style, i had 140hp and 0 cold resis, in the end i slayed here.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Evasion is not worthless.

Its just not not viable 'alone'. Which to me seems like the biggest issue players have. They seem to only focus on evasion and forget everything else.

You need life leech, life on hit and enough health to take a hit.
Last edited by Vooodu on Apr 12, 2013, 11:05:19 AM
"
I got shit armor (10% reduction) AND shit evasion (7%), I survive mob packs around my level.

How? I got a ranged totem shooting Ice arrows, 3 zombies, and a specter (waiting on getting Raise Skeletons) drawing all the fire while I wreck house.

Spoiler
I also only got 1600 health and 600-ish ES

If you're getting destroyed, maybe you should invest in something to draw attention away from you.

..................................can't tell if serious.
Your post is stupid. Summoner =/= melee. Grab a clue.
"
"
I got shit armor (10% reduction) AND shit evasion (7%), I survive mob packs around my level.

How? I got a ranged totem shooting Ice arrows, 3 zombies, and a specter (waiting on getting Raise Skeletons) drawing all the fire while I wreck house.

Spoiler

If you're getting destroyed, maybe you should invest in something to draw attention away from you.

Erm... you call his post stupid and completely missed what he was getting at.

Totems. Take a spell totem and throw faster casting and summon skeletons on it. GG

Also, please tell me what summoner runs around with only 3 (should be 4 actually IIRC) zombies post-Normal difficulty?
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Sairven wrote:
"
"

Spoiler

Erm... you call his post stupid and completely missed what he was getting at.

Totems. Take a spell totem and throw faster casting and summon skeletons on it. GG

Also, please tell me what summoner runs around with only 3 (should be 4 actually IIRC) zombies post-Normal difficulty?

Don't play semantics. He suggested he does just fine with low armor and evasion cuz he's a summoner. Completely out of context and useless suggestion.
What a derpy build, to get mobs OFF of you, as melee. Come on man, use your head.
Also, he goes on to suggest Ice Arrows totem, zombies and a spectre. He IS suggesting he be a summoner. Why would you "draw fire away from you" as melee??????
Don't bother responding, I won't dignify it with an answer.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 12, 2013, 11:23:58 AM
"

Don't play semantics. He suggested he does just fine with low armor and evasion cuz he's a summoner. Completely out of context and useless suggestion.
What a derpy build, to get mobs OFF of you, as melee. Come on man, use your head.
Also, he goes on to suggest Ice Arrows totem, zombies and a spectre. He IS suggesting he be a summoner.
Don't bother responding, I won't dignify it with an answer.

You use "semantics" a lot. I seriously do not think you know the meaning of that word.

You also insult people a lot. And I seem to recall always seeing you on probation. There's probably a reason for that, but I just can't make the connection!
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Apr 12, 2013, 11:26:22 AM
"
Vooodu wrote:
Evasion is not worthless.

Its just not not viable 'alone'. Which to me seems like the biggest issue players have. They seem to only focus on evasion and forget everything else.

You need life leech, life on hit and enough health to take a hit.

It's the same with all your eggs in one basket philosophies. I'm of the belief that iron reflexes, unwavering, acrobatics are some of the worst nodes in the game. If you go all evasion or all armor or you give the mobs resolute technique you are creating glaring weaknesses for the character.

Now some might think that's the point and is fun. More power to those people. It's when the new guy comes in and thinks that's the way the game should be played. They do not understand the real drawbacks and we get threads like this :P Even worse is we get people defending the idea without stating the drawbacks.

Anyway @OP Evasion is pretty damn good when you understand the system.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 12, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info