Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

This is probably more of a graphics suggestion than an actual gameplay issue, so I thought I'd post here.

When playing the Barbarian character, I just don't feel the power behind his swings. I'm not looking for some kind of silly cartoon reaction by mobs, but when I swing a club right through them, the impact should be apparent. They should fall further way from me than when other characters cut them down. Somthing beyond knockback is what I am looking for. I'm wanting a more visceral feel to the melee fighting.

:)

Darb
Hi there, awesome game you are making!

I'd really LOVE to see more dungeons like the Church in Act II, because seriously it lookes STUNNING and captured that dark morbid feeling the best of all the places imo. Add one of those to Act I and you would have a nice variety to the wet caves and shores.

Seriously please add more of these areas! ;-)
Praise Keysus.
I would love to see functioning torture equipment in the Lower And Upper Prison areas. How cool would it be to be able to push a nasty mob into an Iron Maiden for an instant kill? Or perhaps site specific spells like a water spell that basically water boards a mob to death (or more permanent death, anyway!) just a couple of ideas.
sorry to say that, but i don't like the art one bit. of course one gets used to such things, but the brown-greenish tones are very tiresome and ugly. it doesn't feel dark or dirty, it just feels unloved. textures are boring and repetitive and the water animation is just plain wrong. i see what you are trying to achieve but i just looks bad.

everything in the game suffers from the lack of basic physical principles like gravity, inertia and things like that, which make animations very awkward.

there's nothing shiny and even dirt looks either too chaotic or just out of place. the ice bolt is quite unspectacular and the fireball is missing FORCE. also, it's hard to aim or tell which creature was hit.
"
eNTi wrote:
sorry to say that, but i don't like the art one bit. of course one gets used to such things, but the brown-greenish tones are very tiresome and ugly. it doesn't feel dark or dirty, it just feels unloved. textures are boring and repetitive and the water animation is just plain wrong. i see what you are trying to achieve but i just looks bad.

everything in the game suffers from the lack of basic physical principles like gravity, inertia and things like that, which make animations very awkward.

there's nothing shiny and even dirt looks either too chaotic or just out of place. the ice bolt is quite unspectacular and the fireball is missing FORCE. also, it's hard to aim or tell which creature was hit.

You must HATE FPS then.
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
"
eNTi wrote:

And this beta members.... Is a prime example of unhelpful feedback. :3

At least explain whats wrong instead of just saying bad bad bad bad.

Although I agree with his water part.. Which he failed to also explain well . Although most games just have random particle effects blowing out from the water which also looks bad. Another thing most games also do is just have no tide in general. So really its not THAT bad but it does need reflections and movement for when yous step in it.

Now imagine this with no reflection

Could you please explain what you dont like about fireball and icespear?

Saying fireball lacks force just sounds like it needs more speed. However thats changing the skill not the art. Can you give me a good example of what you would like these 2 effects to look like then. If you show me something that's good I can quite easily change it to look like it(if it is better)
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
qdub91 wrote:
"
Schnorky wrote:
When you are in dungeons and your character or a enemy is behind a wall , the enemy or your character is hard to see because the wall is in front. Maybe if you walk behind those walls, its possible to show the shapes of characters behind.

I agree with this. Especially, when there are enemies on behind the wall, you can't see your character or the enemies, which makes fighting them more difficult.

I ran into this problem when I was trying to run through tall trees in some of the outdoor areas. They are growing right up in your face and it usually just caused me to escape to a safer zone to fight... I imagine it could be a fun place to PVP though :D
I dont think this is worth a new thread so il just make a post here hoping its in the right thread, its about the UI which i think is a part of the art.

If i have to do some silly nitpicking, i have a question about the medium mana flask art recently introduced. It doesn't really make sense that the flask is oval and doesnt have a flat bottom for it to stand on. How are people within the world of Path of Exile supposed to put it on a table without it rolling off and getting shattered on the floor? :) Maybe its based on some kind of real life glass container that was used back in the day for some alchemy and was held in some kind of potion holder, i dont know much about alchemy history lol.

All the other art looks great! :)
Last edited by Ither on Nov 15, 2011, 12:37:06 PM
3 fresh feedbacks from the early hours of 0.9.3 gameplay.

I've seen a Seething Brine's aura while it was hiding in the ground, i think this is a glitch.

And a small bug i think, while it must show up as a 6 level, though it applies its written 6th level benefits;

on Brutus' level, for further viewing experiance even more, pools of blood with boodies floating in could be added beyond down the fences, which is shown below, with red grid lines. And when you come closer to fences, you actually could right step into fences, which you can't.

And fences are a bit short, nearly it finishes off on knee line.

"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Nov 15, 2011, 5:02:56 PM
Brutus really need sounds, voice, screaming when you enter in the area intimidating you... Now looks like a random big mob with 1 special skill, make him appear breaking a door or a wall or something more epic!! I know that this is hard work but the people will love it! :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info