Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

I hope this is the place to post this, if not please tell me.

I noticed a couple of glitches in the first cave after the beach.

Here the water seems to be falling from the thin air.

http://i.imgur.com/zm2r6.jpg

And here, there seems to be a shadow that isn't supposed to be there I believe, bellow the splashing water.

http://i.imgur.com/3glEE.jpg
Hoping this is the correct place this type of feedback. Just got into the beta yesterday and haven't read through all the posts so I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

Since this is video based feedback.. here are my settings in game.

Settings

Graphics Configuration
Adapter: NVidia GeForce GTX 470
Resolution: 1900x1200
Full Screen: On
Vsync: Off
Shadow Type: Variance Shadow Mapping
Antialiasing Quality: 2
Texture Filtering: 4x Anisotropic Filtering
Post Processing: On

The issue...
Rendering of shadows show areas that just notched out randomly. Creates a flickering effect when moving. See photos below. This is a minor example. Haven't captured the large cases yet. Also notice whit flickering in the areas of dark shadows in caves/dungeons/etc.

No shadow glitch...

Shadow glitch...

The early outdoor areas of Act 2 (the Forest, Crossroads, etc), I think, are too bright and don't match the rest of the game especially when the game is "dark and gritty".

In Act 1 you have a dark, damp, coast setting and with dark caves, but in Act 2 you for a good portion you have a very lively, and verdant jungle with sunshine with a town that follows the same theme.

I would love for the life and mana orbs to be animated a little like in diablo3, it looks cooler for some reason.
Sure that will be added in the future. Its not really a game play element however so its not being worked on at the moment heh.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
What i would kill for is that whatever the place would be, i want to see just more GORE !

Place indeed doesnt matter, just it gotta show dark, and unwanted(in a good way)visions at highest possible levels. This game just have to be a lot gorier as its name and logo implemented to be.

Just look at Diablo 1, which i love it to death for being blasphemous, and satanic as it gets. Sadistic shrines existing randomly, books dropping from rustic, full of dust shelves off the clammy dark rooms which eats the light itself.

Endless pains should surround you especially in indoor places. We should be hearing our character breathing more deep and slowly.

Just picture the character being yourself, and you get hundreds of ideas such as these.

Doing a great Grotesque art is not an easy job, to make us feel that horrifying air, stench of burnt bodies lying on the floor. Rooms with full of impaled bodies, dismembered bodies for the sake of blasphemous rituals on forests f.e

What i want from devs mostly paying attention to gore level. If it could be applied to a more extreme level. Then you will see the impact, and distinctiveness at best.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Oct 1, 2011, 9:41:53 AM
I think "Tidal Passage" and "Waterfall Caves" really need some update in art design. Especially tidal passage is so dull and boring. Just endless grey tubes plus some grey rooms. No altars, no blood stained floors, no graphical gimmicks at all. It's quite the same with waterfall caves. Same in beige.
That's what the game lacks the most i would say: atmosphere (i know it's beta and such things are yet to come). Hope this issue will be adressed soon.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
Last edited by Hartbrot on Oct 3, 2011, 9:18:58 AM
Number 1, this game is really great so far.

Number 2. Go all out now that you have chosen a path. In other words, PoE is clearly a game geared toward adults. So, really make it adult. The themes can be darker, instead of heroes, the characters could be villains or just regular people who sometimes make good decisions and sometimes make bad ones. How does this pertain to artwork? Even more blood and gore of course (insert maniacal laugh here).

I'm talking spurting blood from hacks and piercing arrows, the sound of a limb falling to the floor while the zombie fights on...that same limb still pulling itself toward you in an attempt to aid it's, now distant, body. Screams...blood curdling, reflex to the pain, voices of all different sounds and tones. It should feel personal to kill a zombie who still holds many of the same features of the person they once were, and perhaps some of the memories. More drama in the death sequences. No one, even the undead, let go of existence easily. Once defeat is imminent, plead for mercy...or the holding out of a hand, if they still have one, in surrender.

These are just some ideas for animations and sounds to make this a truly impacting experience. I have played hundreds of games, but only a handful ever crept into my thoughts and dreams. You know the ones I speak of. When you drift off to sleep your dreams are of finding epic loot or socketing a new gem into your trusty sword...all the while haunted by the melodic score repeating in your brain.

I hope you do not mind my style of feed back. I enjoy a good piece of story telling and I think PoE has the potential to tell a story which could become legend!

Darbarian
Last edited by Darbarian on Oct 3, 2011, 12:05:58 PM
You want "dark"? How about a female zombie holding a zombie baby? She could chuck it at you and watch it latch onto your neck as she lumbers in for the kill.

Dark...gross..but ohhh soooo what a zombie might do!
"
Schnorky wrote:
When you are in dungeons and your character or a enemy is behind a wall , the enemy or your character is hard to see because the wall is in front. Maybe if you walk behind those walls, its possible to show the shapes of characters behind.

I agree with this. Especially, when there are enemies on behind the wall, you can't see your character or the enemies, which makes fighting them more difficult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info