Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

also remove Talismans and Tormented Spirits! they worse 10000 times than prophecy
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
also remove Talismans and Tormented Spirits! they worse 10000 times than prophecy

+1
"
RabidDad wrote:
I like the system and the Navali character and will be sad to see them go. It seems like a waste of a good system. I'm happy with it as is, but would much rather see all content updated than removed entirely.

I don't understand people's enthusiasm for it's removal. If you don't like it, just don't interact with it. I don't particularly like the Temple but wouldn't want it removed as I'm sure other people like it.

Well, I am neutral about usage of Prophecy mechanics. I flip some prophecies from time to time, sell stacked decks, etc. But there are some reasons why it should be removed:

1. Prophecy is one of the oldest leagues currently being in the core (you mentioned incursion, which is 3.3 patch iirc, meanwhile prophecy is patch 2.3 which is about 2 years gap) and it is slowly showing (spaghetti code was strong back in the days)

2. Stacked decks are basically allowing Day 2 atlas completion (along Sirus). That is not imo okay, especially when you are supposed to play for 3 months and not a week (dev perspective here). I will miss those, they were my starting 7ex this league (selling them in bulk).

3. Most of the prophecies were even worse like they are right now. Some were reworked, redone, reshaped. Now, the prophecy uniques (fated versions) are bloating the uniques pool too much - if you remove them, people will be pissed, if they stay, people ARE and WILL be pissed because 99% of uniques is just trash that is picked up by bots for alchemy shards.

With fated uniques going to certain boss loot tables (example from announcement: Atziris reflection > rare Atziri/Uber Atziri drop, dont remember which one), there will be a huge surge of them in the market, enabling more players to experiment with them. As GGG likes to say: " This is a buff."
"
LizzyInATizzy wrote:
Kind of strange how after barely an hour of this "amazing update" showed when you opened PoE yesterday, that it was taken down and replaced by an MTX sale announcement so quickly. Call it backlash but you should really take it as free Market Research: THE CUSTOMER HATES THIS AND IT TOOK UNDER AN HOUR TO FIGURE THIS OUT. Be like a smart company and use this free market research and customer feedback constructively, like any profitable company would.

We know why it was taken down from the public eye so quickly - the response was overwhelmingly negative. Please listen to your customers. You clearly saw this was a disaster of an idea/announcement, pulling it down so quickly indicates you had no idea of the level of backlash that was incoming. Get in touch with your players and game, please! Just cause 1 turd in the forums hates Prophecies and someone at GGG thinks certain Uniques are boring doesn't speak for the millions of customers you serve.

Take out the worthless stuff like Tormented Spirits and Talismans, not this mechanic that almost every player makes use of. If you think certain uniques just "aren't interesting" anymore, how about making them interesting or just putting the upgrades into the game and removing the prophecy step? How about updating prophecies that were dated and leaving everything else? I found it very strange that the announcement made no mention of the wildly popular prophecies you're taking away for no good reason.

The player feedback is absolutely deafening: 1. The items you deemed uncool were actually being used and quite a bit. 2. We use prophecies for MANY more aspects of the game than Fated Uniques and you've made zero mention of the removal of these key mechanics that make the game more interesting and give it more depth, more possibility. No mention of what would happen to any prophecies aside from Fated Uniques was made, just that you would delete everyone's Navali related items in a short time.

And, last but ABSOLUTELY NOT LEAST; you are removing the games' black character. A powerful black woman. Really guys? How about you buff her instead and actually work with the prophecies that someone (not the community) deemed uninteresting or whatever. Socially, you guys are taking 10 steps backward while other gaming companies are raising up and celebrating their black characters. Get a clue.

first, the MTX team actually do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. it's what they were hired for. the dev team and decision makers for the game itself... not so much

you want to see player feedback... look at the harvest nerf. GGG learned nothing then, and likely never will

really? trying to bring racism into this? it's a damn game
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
With fated uniques going to certain boss loot tables (example from announcement: Atziris reflection > rare Atziri/Uber Atziri drop, dont remember which one), there will be a huge surge of them in the market, enabling more players to experiment with them. As GGG likes to say: " This is a buff."

Nope, it's not. Please reread:

"
Atziri’s Reflection will no longer be considered a Fated Unique item. It will be moved to be a rare drop from Uber Atziri. Atziri’s Mirror will no longer drop.

This is actually a nerf. as in, remove Atziri's Mirror from the game. Was probably a bit too much fun for low-end players. Wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a couple others like this too...

And this is not about removing bloat. If they wanted to remove bloat - well they could shoot down the Torment morons then, or the Warband bozos, or get rid of the bad paintjob that is Bloodlines, or Tempests? Who wants Tempests anyway? or even the Beyond monkeys... ah well.

Occurs to me if you really want to remove bloat you should maybe put all those Roaches to the axe first. Hall of Grandmasters is less interesting than Perandus Manor was.

I'll miss Prophecy - it was a nice little subquest system with some worthwile stuff in there that I never felt to be bloat. And Lilly Roth is a really bad standin for Navali... why you would even let her through your door unless she gives you money for that is beyond me. Well, my problem I guess ;)
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
As a long time player this doesn't make any cents. Prophecies are something you outgrow as a player, but that has non trivial value to incoming players. It seems like making new prophecies and enhancing the system is worth the small amount of time and effort. Picking up a prophecy and having it sporadically go off later would be more useful.
That seems fair enough.
---------------------------

I'm an eternal newbie.
I cannot believe Deidbellow is "not exciting enough" to remain in the game. That helmet is absolutely amazing, especially so in hardcore. Extremely disappointed to see it go.
Ah my first character that beat shaper was dual wielding sanguine gambol :-(

Also the twins was so dope

Maybe add some as sextant modifiers?
"
I cannot believe Deidbellow is "not exciting enough" to remain in the game. That helmet is absolutely amazing, especially so in hardcore. Extremely disappointed to see it go.

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info