Prophecy Removal in 3.17.0

Ye removal of Navali is a bad decission, but then again, sadly I'm not expecting much more at this point. If you wanted to remove bloat, I'd rather you gut heist, ghosts, warbands, HoGM, timers. Having upgrade paths to cool uniques was actually a good feature, but hey, let's gut all the cool stuff.

You could have, you know, instead just removed exclamation mark above her, which was several times suggested, in case you read your own forum.

gg's GGG. Not coming back to PoE, I'm staying TBC Classic.
Last edited by vmt80 on Dec 3, 2021, 11:16:07 PM
+1 to heist removal

especially when players won't come out of heist and force you to go there for trades. i never liked heist league. let alone the mechanic left in the core
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Mystcrow wrote:
NOOOOO don't remove Navali, she has so much epic lore linked to her. Keep her around, even as a minor town NPC!

Yes, this!
Also totally removing some "non-exitimg" uniques is a bad idea (people already mentioned Deidbellow)
"
RabidDad wrote:
I don't understand people's enthusiasm for it's removal. If you don't like it, just don't interact with it.

This
Funny that they are removing most non-invasive content like Perandus i Prophecy
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Dec 4, 2021, 9:30:59 AM
Please keep her as an npc. She had a great voice acting, I¨ll really miss listening to her prophecies.
They will be deleted LUL
"
I cannot believe Deidbellow is "not exciting enough" to remain in the game. That helmet is absolutely amazing, especially so in hardcore. Extremely disappointed to see it go.

Yes, Deidbellow is awesome :-/
Please keep it!
Events is fun but base game become only worse with unnecessary removal of good content and addition of new leagues that have close to no lore. Legacy league was very fun for me. And Navaly make me like that game more. Prophecies is fun. Philosophy of ggg is not. She can be updated every league to do game more fun if devs really care about game.
Last edited by voroncov5050 on Dec 6, 2021, 6:12:34 PM
Ok, hear me out...

This might sound crazy, but instead of just removing fated uniques or merging them or whatever stupid solution you've come up, why not just keep silver coins in the game as a more-rare item that can be used to upgrade uniques to their fated versions? Then maybe add some other shitty low level unique upgrades as well for fun? Or don't, whatever.
Why doing this? Prophecies are nice additional content and not very intrusive. The idea behind fated unique item is very good, that's a shame it will disappear. I think it is a bad idea to put more and more uniques in the core pool, nobody will farm specific bosses anymore which is a big part of arpg game mechanism. Only the Atziri mirror looks nice. I would rather keep fated version but being farmable on specific bosses and have rarity according to their power. The game becomes very flat and less interesting with all these scalping changes.
Last edited by JoPePe on Dec 7, 2021, 1:39:31 AM
How in the actual F is Prophecy the first league getting kicked?

It is a mechanic that is relatively inobtrusive, gets used by absolutely everyone and enables SO MANY other things. Putting monsters in maps, not having to click through thousands of chance orbs, getting master missions etc.

Prophecy just adds so many different fun things to the game while not bothering anyone if you choose not to engage with it.

How do we have Perandus and Prophecy has to go? If youre going to remove Prophecy at all (Im assuming the reason is exactly that it does add too many monsters to maps and so it ruins a lot of design space) then at least remove some actual shit mechanics while youre at it. This just feels spiteful

/edit: oh, Perandus is already gone isnt it? huh, didnt even notice :D
Last edited by StaffVader on Dec 7, 2021, 7:45:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info