December Events 2021

"
gloryous1987 wrote:
i find it very unfair that some people get 1-2-3 mtx and some others get nothing

yep, it's not fair.

the intention behind probably is to generate more salt on reddit where all those "winners" post that they got 5 mtx rewards while in reality they don't know what poe is in the first place.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Guys, if you reached lvl 50 you already got a mystery box. I mean. come on. Its something!
"
MRNXDE wrote:
Guys, if you reached lvl 50 you already got a mystery box. I mean. come on. Its something!

Except when the thing you got from the mystery box was a Deepwater environmental effect for hideout..
"
vio wrote:
"
gloryous1987 wrote:
i find it very unfair that some people get 1-2-3 mtx and some others get nothing

yep, it's not fair.

the intention behind probably is to generate more salt on reddit where all those "winners" post that they got 5 mtx rewards while in reality they don't know what poe is in the first place.

Actually, a random lottery is the definition of fair from the standpoint that 1 entry = 1 chance, and it doesn't matter who has the entry. Every single entry has an equal shot at winning, regardless of prior or ensuing outcomes.

If you want fair in terms of everyone gets an equal amount of MTX, well that's what the mystery box is. That's the definition of fair from the standpoint that 1 person gets 1 mtx, and everyone gets one that reaches a certain threshold.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Ravenzoid wrote:
"
MRNXDE wrote:

Except when the thing you got from the mystery box was a Deepwater environmental effect for hideout..

Some people really love those hideout MTX, have you seen some of the hideout compilation posts?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Delve was my last event that i push for rewards. Ive done so many events not a single reward, when some individuals end up with 5+ for 1 event. Can we just get guaranteed rewards on some lvl breakpoints? Like 50 - 70 - 90? Its just pixels and more people would be willing to get 90 atleast if they know they unlock something and not be at mercy of rng.
Last edited by Platun4 on Dec 14, 2021, 2:58:48 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:

I'm sorry you had zero fun playing a free game.

Pls cut this crap, Chris doesn't do his job for free. I've spent more than 100 bucks on stash tabs and a hideout. And yes i only played the event for the rewards, cuz i've already finished the league.

The whole idea behind raffle is weird, they have thousands of mtx's and not guaranteeing at least one of them for each tier is so cringe and stupid.

If they wanted to rise player base in a dead league, they needed to offer me more than scuffed game modes.

and btw - if i got one piece of a set (f.e.) i could buy another, but now i'll just skip all events, until they remove raffle part.
Endless Harvest?
Harvest Gauntlet?
Harvest Invasion?
Harvest Everywhere?
Royale Harvest?

nah, Endless Heist...
Problem: Players are having fun in Path of Exile.
Solution: Remove fun.
If you are playing in hopes of winning mtx, then you’re playing for the wrong reason. The time investment required for this slim chance is totally absurd. It’s simple as that. My advice, don’t bother with any of it. Play standard and have fun.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Archwizard wrote:

Actually, a random lottery is the definition of fair from the standpoint that 1 entry = 1 chance, and it doesn't matter who has the entry. Every single entry has an equal shot at winning, regardless of prior or ensuing outcomes.

yes, "fair" is highly subjective and you can see it as multiple, parallel lotteries.

--

thing is, in difference to real money lotteries where it's unlikely that you win a price and it's nearly impossible to win all those parallel drawings your ticket is eligible to, poe players probably have the expectation to win at least one price.

it's seen as a "reward for participation" rather than a very lucky lottery win. and one person getting 3 participation rewards? why?

--

but eventually i'm with you because being eligible for multiple prices required more playtime.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info