Melee Splash

"
Dragon585 wrote:
@ Drakar

Your right about one thing. I'm done beating a dead horse here. Almost all of my posts are pretty much me repeating myself. While I so VERY much want to debate with you about pretty much everything in your post, I have already said it all before. There is nothing new I can add.

I'm curious though, what build you tried it with? Can you give us some information on your build and support gems ect?

Glacial hammer templar. Freshly rolled in HC league (if that matters to you for some reason) for the purposes of testing the new gem. The link is GH + Melee Splash + Wep elemental + faster attacks. The build is - take pretty much everything in templar starting zone then branch to marauder start and resolute tech and then go witch zone for eldritch battery, cold damage nodes and the aoe cluster there. And yeah, pick up all the life along the way.

The AoE nodes boost the support gem, the cold damage nodes boost the skill gem, Eldritch battery will give me the mana pool to support spamming attacks purely on mana regen and also run auras. Going to marauder keeps me alive. That is synergy.

Currently lvl 48, 1-2-shotting entire packs, 1200 aoe dps is pretty sick for a lvl 48. One of the strongest melee builds I have seen and I have pretty much seen them all since I have been playing the game and reading the class forums for a year now. I'll be finishing cruel today then it's off to merciless ledge to farm some gear. I see it only getting even more faceroll from now on.

And if/when that character bites the dust, I will level a dagger melee splash shadow that will again connect shadow-witch-templar zone and pick the relevant stuff along the way.

I will agree with you all on one thing, this gem is not good for a duelist. I will never consider a melee splash build starting from duelist or ranger for that matter. That only leaves 4 other starting zones. If you call that "niche", so be it, I am not arguing word meaning.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
I will agree with you all on one thing, this gem is not good for a duelist. I will never consider a melee splash build starting from duelist or ranger for that matter. That only leaves 4 other starting zones. If you call that "niche", so be it, I am not arguing word meaning.

I think a facebreaker melee splash build could easily start from duelist. Something like this.

You'd probably start as blood magic and then respec out of it once you got within reach of eldritch battery.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 10, 2013, 5:19:24 AM
@magicrectangle

That build looks funny, but wont work in end game high maps.

As i already said, Splash is acceptable with 20% Quality and the 20% increase area from Templar nodes.
Doesnt work without any of those. Simple as that.
"
sai25 wrote:
@magicrectangle

That build looks funny, but wont work in end game high maps.

As i already said, Splash is acceptable with 20% Quality and the 20% increase area from Templar nodes.
Doesnt work without any of those. Simple as that.

He has the templar nodes, as well as 6 more 4% area increase nodes. Looks viable.
I'm using a level 59 CI crit dagger/shield shadow. The AOE may not be as good as others expect this skill to perform (e.g. like cleave or ground slam), but for me it seems ok. Using double strike with faster attacks, increase crit and melee splash I can see packs 2-3 character spaces away from my main target get hit especially when I crit. Groups just die faster.
It works well solo, it doesn't however fix melee to do enough damage to contribute in a full group. It simply won't help do as much dmg as gmp FP / lmp LA. It should do more dmg than both those specs as you are melee and those are ranged.
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
Last edited by Leeway on Apr 10, 2013, 12:51:22 PM
I don't like the melee splash gem how it is right now. Started a new build with it when 10.5 came out - Using infernal blow together with melee splash.

It does not feel like using an AOE Skill, it feels just like having a melee single target attack that deals AOE damage on Hit. (I dont mean the explosion of infernal blow, just the normal attack) You are not able to shift+click in front of your char, you wont hit anything ...

So it does not feel like AOE - I hope this will change, otherwise ill not use it anymore. Because of DSync problems it is much to risky to click on mobs instead of using shift attack, especially on HC
IGN: @Locktar / @Rarii
Last edited by Grrbrr404 on Apr 11, 2013, 2:22:03 AM
"
Grrbrr404 wrote:
Because of DSync problems it is much to risky to click on mobs instead of using shift attack, especially on HC

Yup, this is definitely the biggest problem with the gem.

Adding multistrike can help a bit, as multistrike auto-targets enemies.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 11, 2013, 2:50:18 AM
Iam little bit confusing about these support,

Can someone tell me why it doesnt work with "VIPER STRIKE"
to deal some chaos as melee is viper strike as single support
the only gem, with melee splash its maybe a nice aoe solution.

but it doesnt work, viper strike is attack melee no multi,
whats wrong?

They specifically mentioned that they disabled it from working with viper strike. It was in the patch notes.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 11, 2013, 4:07:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info