Melee Splash

Post your feedback for this support here. Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 19, 2018, 11:30:04 AM
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius
"
Dragon585 wrote:
I am still unclear as to if the increased radius on quality infernal blow will affect splash radius or just the explosion radius. Help plz =(
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
any increased area radius stats affecting the skill will apply to the splash radius

Yes it does not work with shield charge in the initial implementation. This si planned for the future.
It has been explicitly disabled with viper strike, to be re-enabled when we can have it scale the damage of the DoT.
"
Anyone tried it with Whirling Blades? It doesn't have the AoE tag so there's a chance it'll work.
"Not AoE" is not the same as "Single Target". Whirling Blades is pretty definitively not a single target skill.
"
Synchrotron wrote:
Does anyone know the base radius of Melee Splash? I know that it's rather small but I wanted to calculate how big it can be to decide if a build I'm planning will work, otherwise I'll have to change the splash effect for elemental proliferation.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Melee splash requires you to directly click on an enemy
It does not require either of those things.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
And since it cannot shift-attack
It can.

Melee Splash causes an AoE around the thing hit by the melee attack - all it requires is that the melee hit actually hit something. You can shift attack, and provided something's close enough to you and in the right direction to be hit by that swing, the splash will still trigger around it. It does not and has never required you to directly target a specific enemy or refain from shift attacking.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
this would be a good gem if the melee splash effect worked with the variety of things it has evidently been engineered specifically not to, ie: shield charge, infernal blow's 'explode on death' buff, viper strike's charges, puncture (i hear it actually does work with puncture? interesting), dominating blow's domination effect, etc.
But it hasn't been engineered to not work with those things.

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
shield charge
It does work with that now.This required an entirely new implementation of melee splash just for that skill, because it doesn't act like a melee attack, and doesn't use the standard melee attack code where splash does it's thing. That's why it took time to implement. We always intended to do it when we had time to do so.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
infernal blow's 'explode on death' buff
This already works, and always has.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
viper strike's charges
This is the only one that fits the "engineered not to work" label, and only because we can't make it have the damage penalty (yet). As soon as we can,. It'll work. It's better to wait than have viper splash builds facerolling everything in the meantime.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
puncture
Does work, and always has.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
dominating blow's domination effect
again, does work and always has.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 26, 2013, 12:29:01 AM
The base melee attack is not area damage and is not affected by area damage modifiers. The splash targets are hit for area damage. The primary target of the attack cannot also be one of the splash targets, the splash damages other nearby enemies, it can't damage the main target as well.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So then, if using Concentrated Area of Effect, one should deliberately attack off-target to deal maximum damage?

And doesn't that seem a little counter-intuitive?
No? If you explicitly chose to modify the skill to massively increase the area portion of the damage, it should do that. Why would we remove that option?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info