Melee Splash

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
I have 0% increased AoE radius and I think the AoE is fine. It doesn't hit everything on the screen, but it does hit all enemies within melee range, which makes sense for a melee support, and saves a lot of clicking.

Without any AoE increases you can be fighting large monsters like the bear things from act 2, and be hitting one, and the one right next to it will not get hit.

It doesn't hit all enemies within melee range of you, it hits enemies within a given radius of your primary target.

That actually gives me an idea. They could add the hitbox size of the primary target to the radius of the splash, rather than increasing the base radius. This would apply after increased AoE so it wouldn't scale up to ridiculous radius with all those nodes and support and quality bonuses, but it would give the skill just a bit more usability without all those bonuses.
Haha, I love that someone quoted my post as being praise for the gem lol. Wish I were high, actually.

I know it isn't the gem causing the desync because using it for the first time I had already read about the bad AoE so I was paying attention to that and right away I see how it reveals the desync - the first time I used it it showed me that some mobs were not where they appeared to be, so it couldn't be repeated use of it that caused the desync when it is the first time I use it in an encounter.

Now if you noticed I said I DW Claws so I will give you one guess as to what else I use besides Dual Strike and now melee splash - drum rollll, YES it's WHIRLING BLADES roflmao.

Send me something to smoke and I will get high as a kite, at least then I could have a good laugh at playing melee (DW Claw melee no less - on HC).
"
Fillmore wrote:
Haha, I love that someone quoted my post as being praise for the gem lol. Wish I were high, actually.

I know it isn't the gem causing the desync because using it for the first time I had already read about the bad AoE so I was paying attention to that and right away I see how it reveals the desync - the first time I used it it showed me that some mobs were not where they appeared to be, so it couldn't be repeated use of it that caused the desync when it is the first time I use it in an encounter.

Now if you noticed I said I DW Claws so I will give you one guess as to what else I use besides Dual Strike and now melee splash - drum rollll, YES it's WHIRLING BLADES roflmao.

Send me something to smoke and I will get high as a kite, at least then I could have a good laugh at playing melee (DW Claw melee no less - on HC).

Where do you live man? Fuckit, i've made such an asshole of myself in this feedback thread trying to convince ppl that this skill needs a massive aoe boost, I feel like getting high as fuck too. Maybe I'll come over with a big ass bag of weed and we can smoke till we die.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
At this point I just don't even know what else to say about it. All 4 of you that like this skill can have it. Sure you can get it to work. But look at all the resources it fucking takes.

Requires absolutely 0% additional resources. IB already specs towards what Splash would want to, and shares many other ideosyncracies. To which you might reply, "that's great, but I don't want to use IB. I want to use it with Double Strike (or some other skill), which wants to spec on the opposite side of the tree (or some other reason). Am I supposed to spec all the way to the other side of the tree to make that one support gem work? Look at all the resources it takes!" That's kind of like saying Stun (support) is useless because it doesn't have synergy with Puncture, or Blind is useless because it does not share synergy with Unwavering Stance. That's the flipping point of a support gem, they won't fit into every build!

Gem is fine (besides needing a slight aoe buff), your expectations are broken. Get over it and do something productive with it. Or don't.

I'm comparing apples to apples (splash vs chain/lmp) and your comparing apples to dead babies.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
I have 0% increased AoE radius and I think the AoE is fine. It doesn't hit anything on the screen

Fixed that for you.
DISCLAIMER!
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
I have 0% increased AoE radius and I think the AoE is fine. It doesn't hit anything on the screen

Fixed that for you.

ROFLMAO

you made my day. I live in Goldendale, Washington btw hehe.
"
Fillmore wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
ptt_frmr wrote:

Fixed that for you.

ROFLMAO

you made my day. I live in Goldendale, Washington btw hehe.

Billings, Montana here. Would be a long drive, but for some weed... it just might be worth it. I actually just got home from the store with a case of beer. Maybe it will calm my nerd rage, but at the very least it will get me drunk.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 9, 2013, 9:30:59 PM
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Requires absolutely 0% additional resources. IB already specs towards what Splash would want to, and shares many other ideosyncracies. To which you might reply, "that's great, but I don't want to use IB. I want to use it with Double Strike (or some other skill), which wants to spec on the opposite side of the tree (or some other reason). Am I supposed to spec all the way to the other side of the tree to make that one support gem work? Look at all the resources it takes!" That's kind of like saying Stun (support) is useless because it doesn't have synergy with Puncture, or Blind is useless because it does not share synergy with Unwavering Stance. That's the flipping point of a support gem, they won't fit into every build!

Gem is fine (besides needing a slight aoe buff), your expectations are broken. Get over it and do something productive with it. Or don't.

I don't get why you are going hard after him when I'm saying the exact same thing.

Prob because you have the ability to get your point across without pissing people off or making them defensive. I lack that talent. I think its the profanity... SHIT!

I want to shake your goddamn hand Moos. I don't know how you do it. Maybe 10 years from now when melee gets the buff it deserves you and I can carry Mr. P's sorry ass through some maps.
DISCLAIMER!
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Prob because you have the ability to get your point across without pissing people off or making them defensive. I lack that talent. I think its the profanity... SHIT!

I want to shake your goddamn hand Moos. I don't know how you do it. Maybe 10 years from now when melee gets the buff it deserves you and I can carry Mr. P's sorry ass through some maps.

It's because I have respect for the devs, know most of the mods personally and feel stupid going full hulk rage mode after supporting the game so long and spending all the money I have. D3 I had no problem calling them fucking idiots but here I've tried to be more respectful.

The last few days I've deleted so many replies though. From long winded explanations of why someone is full of shit to just pure hatred spilling out.

I'm not even sure why I'm playing anymore. The week off, while boring, was far less frustrating.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I feel you man. I feel like an asshole for posting here so many times with such aggression. I love this game. I'm just bored with it. And boredom causes frustration for me. I got excited, and I guess I misunderstood the purpose of this new skill gem. For the last week now I have just been farming orbs on my ranger with iiq/iir gear, and posting here every 5 mins like it's gonna make any difference. But I am just so bored. To alot of ppl, games are just games. To me, they are much more. And while I haven't invested as much time in it as you have, I can assure you I need this game as much or more than you do.

Bring on the "get a life noob" posts. I am ready.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 9, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info