[3.22] Energy Blade Hiero, The Jedi | Choose your path : Light Side or Dark Side

This totem reflect would be better with a Chieftain, no ?

Also there are things that I don't understand with GGG (I mean by that it's not your fault).
But for instance, totems taunt when summoned is good. But for 1sec ? That's extremely short, no ?
Same things with those mods like "Debilitate enemies for 1sec when you warcry". 1 sec ? If it's a mob, I'll kill it anyway, and if it's a boss that takes longer, it's also useless, no ?
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Hey,

I'm closely following this build during Scourge and I've gotta say, I like it. I am having a very frustrating issue though.

I am being killed way too much. One shotted, wittled down, destroyed, massacred, whatever you want to call it, I'm squishy. I've done whatever I can to minimize the occurrence of death but it seems to be a constant problem. I have even introduced 2 new layers of defense to the build:

1. On the large cluster jewel I sacrificed damage for 1 passive skill of defense.

2. A CWDT setup with cold snap and bonechill support (also generates frenzy charges, which is dope)

I'd like to ask you to take a look at my current EB SH character FuzzEyes and tell me if you see anything that could be causing me to die so often.

THANKS HOMIE!
"
Stodeko wrote:
Hey,

I'm closely following this build during Scourge and I've gotta say, I like it. I am having a very frustrating issue though.

Hey,

you're right about CwDT + Cold Snap + Bonechill, good idea, both offensively and defensively.

Here are some leads :

You need a lot more ES on your shield. Shields with 350 ES start at 30c. That's +1300 total ES (650 with E-Blade).

Since we're using a sword, I advise you to use Whirling Blades + faster attacks for smoother movements and manual dodge.

You can replace Faster Proj with Faster Attacks on Spectral Helix.

You need some more chaos res.

You want life leech. Either get a cluster with both Fuel the Fight and Feed the Fury, or use 5pts to reach Clever Thief in the Shadow zone.
(Get 3 INT nodes at the start of Templar, and you can remove Infused Flesh cluster for the moment.)

You'll need to add a Glorious Vanity jewel of Doryani on Pain Attunement to get Corrupted soul. They start at 1.5ex in league.
This way, any dmg you take is split between mana, ES and life. That's a good mitigation, because you take less dmg on each on these three pools while you leech to refill them.

I can't see your jewels on the cluster. Get two with ES, elem and chaos res.

Here is an improved PoB with these changes :https://pastebin.com/2cDENmB3
(I've put rough numbers for EBlade)

Hope this can help :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 3, 2021, 8:54:56 PM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Hope this can help :)

Amazing, I'm sure that after the changes you've suggested I'll have much more survivability. Thanks for helping, I appreciate it.
I'm playing something similar, but I'm a slow progressor so just working my way through the atlas and haven't yet done red maps.

One thing I'm doing is running Doryani's Prototype. This league it is pretty easy to gear out for negative lightning resist through the scourge mechanic.

Anyway, thanks for writing this up!
Do you get good DPS with Doryani's armour ? What's your lightning res ?
Why spectral helix? Is spectral throw any good?
"
paranozek wrote:
Why spectral helix? Is spectral throw any good?

Spectral Throw has cool mechanics, but it lacks dmg.
While Helix deals a lot of dmg even with few investment.
If you look at the gem, it has 250% of added dmg effectiveness, which is huge (one of the biggest effectiveness among all gems). Roughly speaking, it means that any dmg you add from a support is multiplied by 2.5. So you will deal huge hits.
Helix has really helped me make this build viable. Without it, I would have given up.
Basically, you're building an area that continues to deal dmg even if you go away. So the spinning blades act like a Damage Over Time, because they still damage enemies when you're not clicking. Which is what every DoT does.
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 7, 2021, 12:51:46 PM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Do you get good DPS with Doryani's armour ? What's your lightning res ?

Well like I said I am a slow progressor, so not sure how to answer. Bosses usually die in a few hits, but I'm only on like T8 maps. I guess I could buy higher and see how it performs, but I'm just smelling the flowers as I go along.

My lightning res is -186%. I've loved playing Doryani's armor in the past, but feel like this league made it a lot easier. Yes it was a nerf that max became -200%, but on the other hand it is a lot easier to get there with the scourge modifiers. Was very easy to pick up rare boots, gloves, rings, and even auxium+crown of the inward eye with minus lightning resistance.

A lot more options to hit the minus lightning cap than used to exist through self cursing conductivity, ventor's, artifice, or thread of hope.

I will see where it goes, but I also see this as potentially a fun build "template" to play around with different active skills. The core is just heiro + corrupted soul + crown of the inward eye + stacking Life/mana/ES as much as possible. I currently play it with Smite, but interested to try out things like spectral helix, blade trap, even ice crash.
Last edited by gabrion2 on Nov 8, 2021, 1:08:23 PM
Thanks for the guide.
I'm using your build, but with Doryani's Prototype. Currently siting on -113% light res, and using Disciple of the Slaughter instead of Arcing Blows for my anoint.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info