[3.17] Shockwave Cyclone Build (Non-Crit Version) | Occultist | Archnemesis | Path of Exile 3.17

Hey guys, this is the str stacking shockwave cyclone occultist build. Using Replica Alberon's Warpath Boots and this item gives us "Adds 1 to 80 Chaos Damage to Attacks per 80 Strength". We build around this item. We can only deal chaos damage and occulist is a great for choice for that reason. I managed to hit 3114 strenght at level 95.

Build Cost
- Hight Budget: +50 ex

Split Personality: We can use two of them. One with +str, +life and the other one +str, +int. Check the video or pob to see where you put them.

Fortify: I have a Replica Frostbreath with "#% chance to Fortify on Melee hit" mod. You can replace hypothermia with fortify support on your 6 link setup.

Lethal Pride: Names or numbers don't matter. Just look for 5% increased Strenght mod.

Annoint: I got "Disciple of the Unyielding" because my lethal pride jewel adds 5% increased Strenght mod to this node.

Leveling: You have to level up with something else. I recommend you level with spellslinger ed/contagion with 6l blight setup until level 68 or 70. Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/wsuVJjxq

Build Video: https://youtu.be/YcOWgo5UG00

Bandits: Kill All

3.16 CHANGES:
- Iron Will is now a Keystone Passive on the Passive Skill Tree
- Purity of Elements: Aura now grants "You and nearby Allies are Immune to all Elemental Ailments", and "You and nearby Allies gain +20-34% to all Elemental Resistances" (previously 12-27%). Now has a Reservation of 50% (previously 35%).

You may run into some problems after the changes.

Problem: Since "Iron Will" is a keystone and easily accessible, "Repentance Crusader Gloves" is totaly useless.

Solution: Replace it with "Meginord's Vise Steel Gauntlets".

Problem: Purity of Elements now has a Reservation of 50% (previously 35%).

Solution: We used to have Unbound Ailments linked with Summon Skitterbots. Replace Unbound Ailments with Enlighten (Level 3 should be enough).

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone - Shockwave - Pulverise - Void Manipulation (Awakened) - Damage on Full Life - Hypothermia

Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Withering Touch (Divergent) - Multiple Totems - Ancestral Protector

Summon Skitterbots - Enlighten (Lvl 3) - Purity of Elements - Blood and Sand

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Lifetap (Lvl 3) - Summon Stone Golem

Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Cast when Damage Taken - Increased Duration

Blood Rage / Precision (Lvl 1) / Enduring Cry
Last edited by wishdropper on Apr 4, 2022, 10:44:16 AM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2022, 2:24:07 PM
Can this be done on a budget? At first glance, the corrupted gear seems optional.
i did not read the patchnotes yet, but this build should be very strong in 3.16?

if you add shapers touch gloves + Geofri's Sanctuary as armour you gain now so much energyshield.. guess you can reach 13k EHP

and with this new league mechanic if you corrupt your whole gear with decent modifiers, jesus

i will definitive play this build and hope it will work well on the new uber simulacrum or blighted maps
"
TinderGirl wrote:
i did not read the patchnotes yet, but this build should be very strong in 3.16?

if you add shapers touch gloves + Geofri's Sanctuary as armour you gain now so much energyshield.. guess you can reach 13k EHP

and with this new league mechanic if you corrupt your whole gear with decent modifiers, jesus

i will definitive play this build and hope it will work well on the new uber simulacrum or blighted maps

Frist you cant change the gloves, iron will is mandatory, second the chest gives 75% block and a lot of str, geofri is vastly inferior and the build has no way of getting es back anyways
"
scyleri wrote:
"
TinderGirl wrote:

Frist you cant change the gloves, iron will is mandatory, second the chest gives 75% block and a lot of str, geofri is vastly inferior and the build has no way of getting es back anyways

the iron will passive is now a keystone in the passive tree, near the life nodes which you take anyway so the glove slot is free..

and the ascendancy vile bastion gives you 10% ES per second when you killed
recently

and you can get 0,5% chaos dmg leeched as ES from the new masteries

so i my eyes shapers touch + geofri is really good combo
Last edited by TinderGirl on Oct 16, 2021, 5:26:12 PM
"
TinderGirl wrote:
"
scyleri wrote:
"
TinderGirl wrote:

the iron will passive is now a keystone in the passive tree, near the life nodes which you take anyway so the glove slot is free..

and the ascendancy vile bastion gives you 10% ES per second when you killed
recently

and you can get 0,5% chaos dmg leeched as ES from the new masteries

so i my eyes shapers touch + geofri is really good combo

I even looked at the new tree extensively and somehow managed to not see it, thats amazing, it means we not only open the glove slot but we also open one mod on the split personality since we dont need the int anymore so thats another 500hp, as for the gloves and chest combo youll get 8.5k es making it slightly tankier than 75% block however youre losing the 5% life on block AND 50% more dmg from the iron fortress + all the potential dmg from another pair of gloves (meginords gives about 12% more dmg), alternatively you can use a rare pair of gloves and open up purity of elements (especially after 50% mana res changes) to a second curse, im thinking blasphemy temp chains
"
scyleri wrote:

I even looked at the new tree extensively and somehow managed to not see it, thats amazing, it means we not only open the glove slot but we also open one mod on the split personality since we dont need the int anymore so thats another 500hp, as for the gloves and chest combo youll get 8.5k es making it slightly tankier than 75% block however youre losing the 5% life on block AND 50% more dmg from the iron fortress + all the potential dmg from another pair of gloves (meginords gives about 12% more dmg), alternatively you can use a rare pair of gloves and open up purity of elements (especially after 50% mana res changes) to a second curse, im thinking blasphemy temp chains

how about using facebreaker gloves and going unarmed, does that work for shockwave or not?

but yea the iron fortress chest really looks like a better choice

and another question, does crit and crit multiplier work on shockwave? because i think about to use crit multi support gem instead of hypothermia

i already plan with the new mageblood belt which gives me capped res + 40% reduced ele dmg taken, curse immunity and 56% reduced mana cost.. not sure if i also should use shock or ignite immunity
Last edited by TinderGirl on Oct 17, 2021, 3:43:55 PM
"
TinderGirl wrote:
"
scyleri wrote:

how about using facebreaker gloves and going unarmed, does that work for shockwave or not?

and another question, does crit and crit multiplier work on shockwave? because i think about to use crit multi support gem instead of hypothermia

i already plan with the new mageblood belt which gives me capped res + 40% reduced ele dmg taken, curse immunity and 56% reduced mana cost.. not sure if i also should use shock or ignite immunity

maces, scepters or staves and besides you really want the weapon, you cant really go crit, the build is already really starved of additional stats focusing everything on STR

as far as the belt goes dont put any eggs in that basket, it will most likely be tens of ex and its not worth it, the build already has insane bossing so perma flasks arent that big + the current belt is huge with 18% str
"
scyleri wrote:
"
TinderGirl wrote:
"
scyleri wrote:

maces, scepters or staves and besides you really want the weapon, you cant really go crit, the build is already really starved of additional stats focusing everything on STR

as far as the belt goes dont put any eggs in that basket, it will most likely be tens of ex and its not worth it, the build already has insane bossing so perma flasks arent that big + the current belt is huge with 18% str

well lets wait until PoB release to experiment a bit..

but i will grind until i have that belt, it gives me max res and like 400% crit chance.. together with crit chance support + crit multiplier support it could be not that bad

and the league mechanic corruptions on each item can also give some nice boost

What builds can we use for leveling Occult until we can swithc over to Srength stacking?

EDIT: nvm it's shown in the video. However, is Chaosslinger an option to actual start the League with? Otherwise I would start with Exsanguinate to generate Currency.
Last edited by Neunzehnhundert93 on Oct 18, 2021, 5:42:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info