Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"
Merluza wrote:
Thank you ggg. i am looking forward to watch your chosen yes men to ask you "total investigative and not at all in advance auditioned questions". I feel well represented and "heard"™.

Also cool portal <3

dont forget to buy misery boxes
Im enjoying this league,

Its just getting spoilt from the temper tantrum children who had some of there toys taken away,
and then the constant bleating like headless sheep not knowing what to do.

Once you adjust to some of the mechanics its not much different from before,

just a bit more dangerous, need to use your head a bit more.
"
wi5pa1 wrote:
Im enjoying this league,

Its just getting spoilt from the temper tantrum children who had some of there toys taken away,

That's right, I hope GGG won't change direction.
Yes, real hardball questions will be asked, like what is Chris' favorite ice cream flavor.
I expect 2 tough questions. One from Raiz, and one from Octavian. The rest are too afraid to speak out as they don't want to lose viewers and subs, that's why they still play a game they don't like.
I kinda hope the game will fall into worse state, so i can stop looking forward with hope to the next leagues.

After nerf in 3.14 endgame got so balanced it reached the point of being extremely boring.
Even in the past, there were fun builds that could slow action of monsters to 0%. The fun in poe was in abusing mechanics and trying funny stuff.

When you added conquerors/sirus/maven and gave shaper/elder better stats these were good patches, because it was fun to challenge those with variety of creative builds and ideas.
Harvest and split was good, because it allowed players to try that content in variety of ways.
Culling that specific endgame destroyed creativity and there is no way of abusing mechanics with all the previous limits intact.
Only exception was group play mirror farming, which is not even fun and leaves these players in very similiar state as before nerfs.

In current state of 3.15 everyone is doing few limited succesfull builds. Everyone else tries to progress and struggle through league just to find that everything else than meta is bland. Only addicts will stay. Many creative people have left.
Last edited by Voktalz on Aug 10, 2021, 7:06:19 AM
"
wi5pa1 wrote:
Im enjoying this league,

says newbie with 85 lvl max XD
"
starphil7 wrote:
"
yeknoms wrote:
Finally some communication! Hope we can change to a better direction :)

They've been communicating non stop and now it's Chris's chance to enlightened people on the direction they want to take the game in.

This patch has been one of the most fun to play, as it creates new challenges to overcome and be greater than before.

Or play the victim card and continue to complain in hopes they make it easier for you and enjoy the braindead style of play.

There are other companies / games for that genre.

Yeah ZDPS on most builds and moving around the map at a glacial pace is so challenging. What amazing gameplay. Fucking eyeroll.
"
xScover wrote:
If I remember correctly Chris said recently in a interview, maybe on recent baeclast that if they cared about player numbers or money he just keep the power creep going up and that's not what they want for the game. Yes they want to make money but they not going to ruin there vision for maximum profit.

Except they did go against their vision for profit repeatedly. They attracted a ton of players exactly by going against their vision. Now they are basically pulling a bait and switch.
"
HellAbove wrote:
It feels like its only me and a few others who are actually happy with the direction of the game and the nerfs. I think ggg are going to make a better game if they make a game THEY want, rather than completely give in to pressure from players.
The only big problem i see with the game right now is bloat from past leagues, they have added too many past league mechanics without changing them accordingly (we have to level delve, find all crafting recipes for syndicate again, level heist members again every league, and too many splinters that the average player are never going to get a full stack of etc.) There is too much stuff you don't want to do that feels like a chore, because you have done them so many times before.

I agree so much ! This game is really awesome, but it suffers from all the thin mechanic layers added league after league, not revisited that much when going core, making a very heterogeneous matter in the end. I'm 100% up with nerfs for a better challenge, but there's still much to do. I hope they'll discuss candidly about it in baeclast !
Last edited by Dedisdead on Aug 10, 2021, 7:40:00 AM
fix your game GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info