Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"
spokipo wrote:

I do not want to have a negative dialogue or make an argument with you, you have your own point of view and be kind to behave correctly as I do with you.

I understand your position, you defend the current position of 3g, but you must understand there are other people in the world with a different way of thinking, I do not wish harm, I just want 3g to listen to another position and make a compromise. Most of us have jobs, families, personal lives and hobbies, I'm willing to support the project but I don't want to spend twice as much time on the game, I want the same as before, reactive gameplay and moderate progress with many working builds, now the game is in bad shape after the patch, Chris said about it that they will fix some changes, and flasks they did not even check at all when they let in production.

And you look at people very negatively, we do not copy the thoughts of Zizaran and other public people, as they speak for us, because they have an audience with which they share their position, especially Zizaran spoke after the hype. Be reasonable.

Most of the players would not rebel so easily, we played the game for several years, supported it, loved it as it was all these years, and now came a drastic change that not everyone likes, and you write it off to the fact that allegedly people copy the thoughts of public people.

Look at the online, more than 20% of players didn't even start at the beginning and another 30% dropped out at the end of the first week.

Do you think it's just because people listened to Zizaran? In the beginning, he hadn't even spoken out against it yet.

I like Zizaran because he thinks appropriately and has a good feedback loop with the community, and he's also a good player.

I do not look negatively to anyone. I just cant stand statements like yours.

"
spokipo wrote:

He didn't even call Zizaran and Matil, surrounded himself with streamers who are not good friends with the community and asked the questions they wanted, not us. You call that making contact?

you can dislike flasks in the current state, you can talk about how shitty certain gems are if you played them in 3.15 and all that kind of stuff. You know, experience or logical thoughts.

But your comment there is straight up ipmlied and assumed. You said GGG has selected certain streamers to have easy questions and that they did not want to answer the "hard" questions from "us". I imply that this "us" was related to yourself somehow. How can you make such a comment? For me as a very logical person, this kind of thinking remembers me on flat earth and trade center stories. It simply is made up.

You might have heared from other sources in the meanwhile, Chris will talk to Zizaran and to Mathil and to Ghazzy. He even announced it during the stream with Baeclast. So, how are you confident with that statement you made there.

It is not about people having other opinions. It is about how to communicate them.

Especially some streamers do not know or do not care about how much of an impact they have when they release videos. There are lots of players that just listen to that stuff and think that exact way just because "their" streamer told it. And then they complain in a forum post like "shit game. I quit." and wonder why there is no change. And others go to reddit, anonymously - even more wow - and post their thoughts there.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
spokipo wrote:

I do not want to have a negative dialogue or make an argument with you, you have your own point of view and be kind to behave correctly as I do with you.

I understand your position, you defend the current position of 3g, but you must understand there are other people in the world with a different way of thinking, I do not wish harm, I just want 3g to listen to another position and make a compromise. Most of us have jobs, families, personal lives and hobbies, I'm willing to support the project but I don't want to spend twice as much time on the game, I want the same as before, reactive gameplay and moderate progress with many working builds, now the game is in bad shape after the patch, Chris said about it that they will fix some changes, and flasks they did not even check at all when they let in production.

And you look at people very negatively, we do not copy the thoughts of Zizaran and other public people, as they speak for us, because they have an audience with which they share their position, especially Zizaran spoke after the hype. Be reasonable.

Most of the players would not rebel so easily, we played the game for several years, supported it, loved it as it was all these years, and now came a drastic change that not everyone likes, and you write it off to the fact that allegedly people copy the thoughts of public people.

Look at the online, more than 20% of players didn't even start at the beginning and another 30% dropped out at the end of the first week.

Do you think it's just because people listened to Zizaran? In the beginning, he hadn't even spoken out against it yet.

I like Zizaran because he thinks appropriately and has a good feedback loop with the community, and he's also a good player.

I do not look negatively to anyone. I just cant stand statements like yours.

"
spokipo wrote:

He didn't even call Zizaran and Matil, surrounded himself with streamers who are not good friends with the community and asked the questions they wanted, not us. You call that making contact?

you can dislike flasks in the current state, you can talk about how shitty certain gems are if you played them in 3.15 and all that kind of stuff. You know, experience or logical thoughts.

But your comment there is straight up ipmlied and assumed. You said GGG has selected certain streamers to have easy questions and that they did not want to answer the "hard" questions from "us". I imply that this "us" was related to yourself somehow. How can you make such a comment? For me as a very logical person, this kind of thinking remembers me on flat earth and trade center stories. It simply is made up.

You might have heared from other sources in the meanwhile, Chris will talk to Zizaran and to Mathil and to Ghazzy. He even announced it during the stream with Baeclast. So, how are you confident with that statement you made there.

It is not about people having other opinions. It is about how to communicate them.

Especially some streamers do not know or do not care about how much of an impact they have when they release videos. There are lots of players that just listen to that stuff and think that exact way just because "their" streamer told it. And then they complain in a forum post like "shit game. I quit." and wonder why there is no change. And others go to reddit, anonymously - even more wow - and post their thoughts there.

If you can not stand it then why do you get into a discussion, you say it is bad to behave so and now you behave even worse when you say it to me, reread what I write, I have not said one bad word in your direction, you're poured on me not a few negative things from your side. If you think it is normal to communicate this way, then let's stop here.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
"
spokipo wrote:

This never was a discussion cause in such you would have argued about what I said in relation to your statement. But all you do is feeling offended.
There was no exchange of opinions, your statement is not an opinion. It is a made up fact with no backup.
"
ibims111 wrote:

This never was a discussion cause in such you would have argued about what I said in relation to your statement. But all you do is feeling offended.
There was no exchange of opinions, your statement is not an opinion. It is a made up fact with no backup.

I hear you, don't write to me again.

PS: An experienced player who can't even close Maven and tells me about the difficulty.
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 13, 2021, 9:03:36 AM
"
spokipo wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:

PS: An experienced player who can't even close Maven and tells me about the difficulty.

Well yeah.. isn't that the breakdown between "sides" in poe? The ones that find the game too difficult and cannot progress vs those that trade and exploit their way to success and therefore do not believe the game is hard at all?
"
defektiv wrote:

Well yeah.. isn't that the breakdown between "sides" in poe? The ones that find the game too difficult and cannot progress vs those that trade and exploit their way to success and therefore do not believe the game is hard at all?

This author, on the contrary, advocates complexity when even the content cannot close before this "great weakening.
"
spokipo wrote:
"
defektiv wrote:

This author, on the contrary, advocates complexity when even the content cannot close before this "great weakening.

Must have missed that. I don't understand everyone's personal position on the issues, but I know ggg have consistently balanced relative to the top end of the progression curve with zero provision for the factors that greatly influence it. So there are always people who think the game is easy and those that think its hard but never any clarity what specifics are driving those opinions. And so its just a never-ending argument between people who probably both love the game but play it in different ways. But it sounds in the podcast that ggg is finally coming a little closer to the idea that masochist poe is not mainstream poe. Maybe giving that its own separate mode will put them on a more level path when it comes to smoothing out poe progression.
Last edited by defektiv on Aug 15, 2021, 11:55:38 AM
"
spokipo wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:

My last post was removed by support and I was not willing to write again, but, I cannot let that be as is.

I never said I am experienced and we both never argued about difficulty. I made a point that you talk about stuff which you cannot backup and instead of bringing up arguments that would backup your statement you just call me out and keep lying. I just feel sad for you.

PS: And I did Maven, last league, on standard and this league.
Last edited by ibims111 on Aug 16, 2021, 8:52:14 AM
"
ibims111 wrote:

My last post was removed by support and I was not willing to write again, but, I cannot let that be as is.

I never said I am experienced and we both never argued about difficulty. I made a point that you talk about stuff which you cannot backup and instead of bringing up arguments that would backup your statement you just call me out and keep lying. I just feel sad for you.

PS: And I did Maven, last league, on standard and this league.

To call a person a liar requires an argument, but in the meantime I find this post overly toxic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info