Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"We've asked the Baeclast team to pull no punches when bringing up topics for this discussion."

They never throw punches, inside Baeclast. Outhere, pfff...
Roasting time ^_^
May peace be with you, exile.
"
xpoohx wrote:
wow tonedef much? The whole cast of Baeclast have gone on record saying they love this new direction... there will be no criticism no open dialoged just a love fest about how this is great. why not you know talk to some people who have actually expressed negative opinions instead of a bunch of GGG apologists.

100%! More softball questions from people who are too spineless to ask a tough question or offer a real criticism because their paychecks depend on this game. This may as well be 5 people on the GGG payroll sitting around congratulating themselves for a job well done for 45 minutes.

They say this: "The intent is to have a very candid chat about Path of Exile's past, present and future and to answer any big picture questions about the current state of Path of Exile."

Then follow up with this: "We won't be going into fine detail about balance/mechanics but we do intend to speak on a variety of broad topics."
So you already know they aren't going to address the widely unpopular changes to "balance" as indicative of the current player retention numbers.
for me nothing matters anymore
I just want to play for a few weeks
Last edited by djdias2018 on Aug 10, 2021, 10:23:51 AM
Most podcast guys are not genuine, they are in your pocket. The only one who can still have some balls to speak out a bit and has good knowledge about the game, it's Octavian. Nugi knows some stuff, but he always going against the majority of players just to prove .. wait for it.. NOTHING :). ZiggyD some nice random sentences. Others ... :)

This is not a buff. This is damage control.
For me personally, I don't care, the game can be harder 10x, but I don't like that fewer friends play. Something is not right, I understand that you expected fewer players, but I am sure, you didn't expect that much less right?:P. The thing is you could be more open before, maybe more testing, cause it's always no testing, we are doing testing live and we pay for it as well. But you miss out so much, with many changes without fixing others, since you broke the 1 side, but didn't check other much.

In the end, I understand that your goal is to make PoE 2 a slow and boring, "hard" game, in reality, it can be only maybe 1-2 times and people will be already tired of it. So instead of trying to make the game more boring, try to find middle ground, It's actually good that people buy less and play less, maybe you will listen more to what many players want, instead of what streamers want like Tarke, Raiz. I suggest bring Zizaran, he actually stands for community and Octavian is nice and Nugi with ZiggyD. Mute others..
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
"
Draggonden wrote:
"
xpoohx wrote:
wow tonedef much? The whole cast of Baeclast have gone on record saying they love this new direction... there will be no criticism no open dialoged just a love fest about how this is great. why not you know talk to some people who have actually expressed negative opinions instead of a bunch of GGG apologists.

100%! More softball questions from people who are too spineless to ask a tough question or offer a real criticism because their paychecks depend on this game. This may as well be 5 people on the GGG payroll sitting around congratulating themselves for a job well done for 45 minutes.

They say this: "The intent is to have a very candid chat about Path of Exile's past, present and future and to answer any big picture questions about the current state of Path of Exile."

Then follow up with this: "We won't be going into fine detail about balance/mechanics but we do intend to speak on a variety of broad topics."
So you already know they aren't going to address the widely unpopular changes to "balance" as indicative of the current player retention numbers.

If this happens, I hope player base drops even further.
mixing duplicated items from loot boxes? <3 pretty pls xD
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
mixing duplicated items from loot boxes? <3 pretty pls xD

Second this! FFS, even mobile games aren't this redonkulous. They at least have a pity system, or a duplicate currency that can upgrade something or purchase something else.
I think this podcast is great news. Not because I expect that there really will be any hard-hitting questions that most of the players actually want the answers to asked, or that Chris will announce that he's reverting all the changes (change was needed, they just went too far in some things and tried to change too many systems at once). I think it's great news because it tells us for certain what we could only speculate before this...GGG is bleeding revenue as badly as players and is trying to stop the leak. As that is the only thing that will get their attention, it's a good thing.
Hidden GGG employee - Wann4 Be GGG Employee - Sell Out - And A Man With A Dream And His Not Martin Luther King.

https://pastebin.com/5yNd5Sdu
( you gutted my build period, crit chance loss - flask nerfs - path finder nerfs - borderline unplayable - mirror tier gear - 10 seconds to kill forge of the phoenix boss - if my flasks are down i lose damage i don't have to begin with Gutted- and i have to stack wither stacks to do my non existent damage at this point )

https://pastebin.com/gqLHFZfQ ( a build i laid out for my friend that happens to be a gladiator and is jacked out of its mind with no legacy gear or no mirror gear in comparison it stands the same distance from a boss as i would. ) the build is not optimized gem wise in linkage or gear wise avoid using lions roar the nock back is bad for perforate and the tree i would lay out differently when min maxing but yeh its jacked out of its mind regardless, and the mechanic to cancel autos is leap slam so you will jump a lot mob to mob the play styles not for every one i played a similar build owned all the gear done my head in.

justify to me why i spent time to min max a build that is literally a joke at this point after your nerfs. you nerfed my build to being unplayable how many others met the same fate, go scour the market and tell me how many poison items are up for mirror service or chaos gear period compared to melee gear its like your nerfing a class and skill no one plays XD.

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds?class=Pathfinder&weapon=Bow&allskill=Barrage

https://poe.ninja/challengehcssf/builds?class=Pathfinder&weapon=Bow&allskill=Barrage

its like you gutted path-finder to the point were its not even worth running barrage with it yet alone poisons a joke, lets just remove all phys as extra chaos from the tree - gut the gems make it unplayable - nerf defences - requires heavy investment for peanuts, while were at it lets just make flasks worthless you seen gladiator you seen melee skills if you got a egg head is there a brain to go with it you asked players to use there brains im asking you were's yours

Last edited by 2Nuns1Cup on Aug 11, 2021, 10:45:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info