Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"
HellAbove wrote:
It feels like its only me and a few others who are actually happy with the direction of the game and the nerfs. I think ggg are going to make a better game if they make a game THEY want, rather than completely give in to pressure from players.
The only big problem i see with the game right now is bloat from past leagues, they have added too many past league mechanics without changing them accordingly (we have to level delve, find all crafting recipes for syndicate again, level heist members again every league, and too many splinters that the average player are never going to get a full stack of etc.) There is too much stuff you don't want to do that feels like a chore, because you have done them so many times before.

I and many can respect that. Make the game you and developers want for the less playerbase. If that is lucrative go for it. If it is fun for you and the lesser playerbase go for it.

Just remember. Many players left. And more will continue leave.
Harvest, one that players can plant their own seeds and plan their crafts, is the only antidote now that can "fix" this state of decay.
Last edited by hsuchijp on Aug 10, 2021, 4:33:03 AM
"
kolpo wrote:
He is brave to do this right now, with current community sentiment will everything he says be interpreted in the most negative way possible.

I dislike the extreme nerfs in current patch too but I hope that when they meet us halfway the extreme negativity stops.

Ye, you are right.
this company makes me sad, along with the squabbling in the player base
About game design choices. For those that are hyped about the changes, nice I'm happy for you.

I'm all for making the game harder, But I think that most people can agree. Over the years it's been exhausting when the devs just outright delete mechanics. I loved old poets pen, or vaal spark! they were a bunch of fun!

I am also an avid MTG player, I can tell you. If you told me they could change the text on my vintage cards to make them less fun or I would have sold them long ago.
"
1. Trading. Which are respectful for my time and fun.
2. Crafting. Understandable, predictable. Harvest 3.13 was a good example.
3. AOE-looting
4. Flask piano
5. A lot of QOL
6. Revert the all nerfs from 3.15
7. Make a lot of compensations

Probably then GGG has a chance.

But, TBH, I believe the return to good, will take 1 year.
The 3.16 and 3.17 - the "visionary" and "team" still do their visionary things.
Before 3.18 or 3.19 - the owners must change these "visionaries" to another team.
Therefore - only summer or fall 2022 - is the time when I hope to return to POE.
Probably.
If I still remember what is POE.

this
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Chris:
"The changes are good, just try them out. Ok, we'll give you a mana and speed buff, but they'll still be worse than before the patch. Besides, we are going in the right direction and fewer players are due to covid and vacation."
I mean what's going to be talked about this early in the league on a podcast with people that heavily defend GGG on their streams?

That the player base that is unhappy with the changes just has to deal with it?

Ok. Thanks.

GGG doesn't do massive updates mid-league. They aren't going to reverse changes in the way that some people want.

Also, Chris has already defended the changes before and after the patch. This is fine because he sets the tone for big updates. In my mind, GGG has already accepted that a lot of people will leave POE as their main game of choice. As a business, they have done whatever risk assessment they do every league already.

There is little point in watching it. Sorry.

For me to watch it they would have to get people on that are at this time heavily critical of the changes made.
Thank you ggg. i am looking forward to watch your chosen yes men to ask you "total investigative and not at all in advance auditioned questions". I feel well represented and "heard"™.

Also cool portal <3
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
When are you going to make this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNiSsp5Lq0&t=37s

I want to play this game.. what happened to it?

You know.. the game where you don't get randomly one shooted by a white mob, but rather by a meaningful event in the game that kills you.

What happened to, you should be able to get back from work, play POE and have miningful progress???

I don't think Chris is going to announce any change to the state of the game, this is just a damage control/PR stunt - and Baeclast podcast, yeah.. no thank you, don't want to waste my time with those GGG cheerleaders.
<3 Chris
Bad Seed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info