[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

Hi! Really enjoying the build so far. I had a couple of questions about the build:

1) I've mainly been using the Ancestral Protector totems in clearing maps, then using the Warchief totems for bosses. Is this how I should be using them, or should I always be using a mix?

2) I've been looking at builds on poe.ninja and it looks like some of the higher level characters have been dropping Protector in favor of just Warchief totems. Is this something you do if you have enough attack speed without them?

3) I'm having a bit of mana issues when I run Blood And Sand, Dread Banner, Pride and Herald of Purity all together. It leaves me with something like 40 unreserved mana, which seems to lead to hiccups in my shield crush attacks at times. I have mana leech via Prismatic Eclipse and a jewel passive, but are there any tips for how I can make this a little smoother?

Thanks!
i made some minor adjustements with gems. check profile. maybe it will be helpful for more automated build. atm i lost only leap slam but use whirling blades instead. a bit of quality of life. both cwdt setups work properly. and i am looking forward to get vuln on hit ring.

BTW how good are vanquisher and tireless nodes? (good/necessary)?
IGN-Chatillion
Last edited by moonbeast495 on Aug 6, 2021, 12:37:49 PM
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Hi! Really enjoying the build so far. I had a couple of questions about the build:

3) I'm having a bit of mana issues when I run Blood And Sand, Dread Banner, Pride and Herald of Purity all together. It leaves me with something like 40 unreserved mana, which seems to lead to hiccups in my shield crush attacks at times. I have mana leech via Prismatic Eclipse and a jewel passive, but are there any tips for how I can make this a little smoother?

Thanks!

i think you do not need dread banner cuz you already have 100% impale chance due to gem+swift skewering circle+forceful skewering. dread banned is used mainly for enemy accuracy lowering rate
IGN-Chatillion
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
moonbeast495 wrote:
hello, guys. i have a couple of questions.
1) isn't Surging vitality better than fettle on 2 small clusters?
2) i have prismatic eclipse with resolute(1) and with fortify on hit(2). what is better? 2 points economy if i pick PE with resolute.
3) best annointment? ( command of steel vs precise interception) or even other... i am a bit stuck with my tree.
4) can we afford using 2 cwdt setups somehow? high lvl - cwdt+vaal molten shell+vulnerability. low lvl setup - cwdt+ tempest shield+blood rage. i have 91 free mana atm.

Hi!

1. If we are going specifically for higher HP, then Fettle is better because of the 20 flat + 10% max hp instead of the regeneration + 8% hp. At the end of the day it's a matter of preference/willingness to pay. Fettle is easily the hardest one to get on a small health cluster.

just let us think. if we get 2x jewels with fettle then we get 20% max hp + 40 flat. that is good, for sure, BUT... surging vitality x2 gives us 16% hp+ 1% permanent regen+ 20% hp regen for 1 second each 4 sec(main part). with 5k hp numbers are impressive. we are fat enough to survive each 4sec for good regen. and you can get 40 flat hp with only one abyss jewel. and imagine if we go for 2 clusters. (still i am not sure if they stack, otherwise 40% regen per sec would be more than EPIC cuz it helps us from our main enemy-DOT damage)

IGN-Chatillion
Last edited by moonbeast495 on Aug 6, 2021, 1:03:19 PM
Are there ways to take the shield crush build further with more currency? I saw people mentioning crit but cant find anything. After investing around 15+ ex there is not much I can do to improve to get little bit more DPS. Watcher eye with both mods is 70ex etc and awakened gems too.

Also how much life do you aim for? I kind of struggle in T14-16 maps sometimes. Maybe because of maven or when I do expedition then I sometimes die. I also die in blights but I can do ritual in the same map. Is it just poor performance or I constructed the build in a wrong way?

My build https://pastebin.com/GWUa9paQ
Last edited by Buckman on Aug 7, 2021, 4:52:40 AM
"
Buckman wrote:
Are there ways to take the shield crush build further with more currency? I saw people mentioning crit but cant find anything. After investing around 15+ ex there is not much I can do to improve to get little bit more DPS. Watcher eye with both mods is 70ex etc and awakened gems too.

Also how much life do you aim for? I kind of struggle in T14-16 maps sometimes. Maybe because of maven or when I do expedition then I sometimes die. I also die in blights but I can do ritual in the same map. Is it just poor performance or I constructed the build in a wrong way?

I dunno man, you dont have life on multiple pieces of gear. People seem to have this mindset that "5k hp is enough" then talk about dying in high tier maps.

You've got more DPS than me, but I can do T14-16 without much issues and bosses die fast enough that i dont even think about it wishing it was faster yet. The difference is I rarely die to anything. It's been a while since my last death. I have 14 total deaths at lvl 90 and 6 of them are from a lvl84 logbook i got over ambitious with mods on and ran out of portals lmao

https://pastebin.com/EtghxkwS

that's mine. My belt is just a placeholder until i pick up a coil

unrelated. how are people getting shield crush info below the resist info on the window to the left in PoB? I have community fork and it doesnt do that
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Aug 7, 2021, 8:19:07 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"
Buckman wrote:

I dunno man, you dont have life on multiple pieces of gear. People seem to have this mindset that "5k hp is enough" then talk about dying in high tier maps.

You've got more DPS than me, but I can do T14-16 without much issues and bosses die fast enough that i dont even think about it wishing it was faster yet. The difference is I rarely die to anything. It's been a while since my last death. I have 14 total deaths at lvl 90 and 6 of them are from a lvl84 logbook i got over ambitious with mods on and ran out of portals lmao

unrelated. how are people getting shield crush info below the resist info on the window to the left in PoB? I have community fork and it doesnt do that

Well you have just 500 more life than me. Is it really that game changing? Although maybe it's the chaos resistance or my playstyle. I died only 1-3 times when mapping until T13-14. I can still clear juiced T16 map but sometimes I feel like its too much, maybe the mods.

I struggle with all buttons tho. For bosses its 2 totems, fortify, vaal molten shell, perhaps flask while being close distance and spamming shield.

Once I hit lvl 92 I can place 1 more 5 % life jewel that should make it bit better.
Last edited by Buckman on Aug 7, 2021, 10:20:11 AM
I have like 800 more hP than you, not 500. That's not nothing and it easily the difference in dying to something or not. I also use surging vitality on a small cluster jewel because anything else is silly.

you're PoB shows 5046, mine is a little over 5800

and honestly, I dont even use vaal molten shell. I just have a normal one. Fortify is done passively via leap slam and the only flask I manually use is life and lion's roar. I set all the others up to use automatically when needed with instilling orbs. Flask piano sucks and I refuse to do it now that's theres automation
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Aug 7, 2021, 11:59:44 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"
Buckman wrote:

on the skills tab check the "Include in Full DPS" check box
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"
Buckman wrote:

I'd say 5k HP is the bare minimum, but 6k is the sweet spot when it comes to max block builds. You CAN do T14-16s on 5k life but its a bit risky since we don't get life % on block unless we really splurge on a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info