[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

couple of questions:
1) whats is better as annoint on ammy in terms of damage? command of steel(i have 64% block atm) or ambidexterity?
2) i have lethal pride that gives 10% chance for double damage. should i keep it or roll further? only DD is valuable on my jewel.
and what else can i upgrade? pob says about 5kk dps buffed, 5900 hp.
IGN-Chatillion
Last edited by moonbeast495 on Aug 11, 2021, 3:10:32 AM
I've made some adjustments to this build for survival.

I have 6.1k hp (with belly) 76 all block and 79 block projectiles.

I feel like cannot be frozen is absolutely required, especially with the exb mod

Corrupted blood jewel cost me a bit but again needed

My only remaining big weakness is ignite/burning, which i have two flask mods for, but on say the shaper guardian or a map mod, this runs out fast. With blood rage up my regen is limited. I need to rework one of my clusters to add surging vitality.

Regarding clusters, one with the shield is a great mod imo and was the motivator to going cluster (along with mana leech)

I'd like to work in ailment immunity, with an unlimited budget my plan is to buy fractured items (rings are cheapest but still 4ex) and craft them with my needed resists.

Before then i have cheaper upgrades and reworks to do first, per the updated build guide.

Overall I'm happy with the build, i have no idea how people are surviving without being max block or other crazy tankiness.
I have been enjoying the build, but survival is hard at times (T15 and higher).

I did get a no corrupt blood jewel, so that will help some.

I have not had too much trouble with freezing using flasks.

I am currently working forward trying to make the armor. I made the base armor, but collecting stuff to roll it up.

Surging vitality helps a little on DOTS, as any little thing that gives me time to click a flask is a good thing.

This is POE so I can not always tell what kills me, but it seems chaos large hits, and impale overload got me the last two times.

Any other good tips to help us (or me) survive :) ?
"
Rainbowfire wrote:

I am currently working forward trying to make the armor. I made the base armor, but collecting stuff to roll it up.

Surging vitality helps a little on DOTS, as any little thing that gives me time to click a flask is a good thing.

This is POE so I can not always tell what kills me, but it seems chaos large hits, and impale overload got me the last two times.

you can try to watch my profile. maybe it helps. surging vitality doesn't help A LITTLE. it is a huge buff to survivability. i have it on 4 jewels.
IGN-Chatillion
Hey,
I've used this build as a league starter, and I'm currently on yellow maps. So far, it's going quite smoothly, and I do enough damage to comfortably deal with conquerors. However, I tried a couple t12-13 maps, and my damage is falling off. I was wondering what I should upgrade next to help me improve my damage.

https://pastebin.com/Ki6NpR7D

Thanks.
"
lilbuddha wrote:
I've made some adjustments to this build for survival.

I have 6.1k hp (with belly) 76 all block and 79 block projectiles.

I feel like cannot be frozen is absolutely required, especially with the exb mod

Corrupted blood jewel cost me a bit but again needed

My only remaining big weakness is ignite/burning, which i have two flask mods for, but on say the shaper guardian or a map mod, this runs out fast. With blood rage up my regen is limited. I need to rework one of my clusters to add surging vitality.

Regarding clusters, one with the shield is a great mod imo and was the motivator to going cluster (along with mana leech)

I'd like to work in ailment immunity, with an unlimited budget my plan is to buy fractured items (rings are cheapest but still 4ex) and craft them with my needed resists.

Before then i have cheaper upgrades and reworks to do first, per the updated build guide.

Overall I'm happy with the build, i have no idea how people are surviving without being max block or other crazy tankiness.

I made the choice to be immune to all elemental ailments and it helps a lot with survival.
It cost me 6 skill points for 50% in the tree and I completed with cheap boots I crafted and a Circle of guilt bought 35c.

I totally don't regret.

Also one of the best dps upgrade you can have with this build is a +2 skill gem amulet (and a lvl21 shield Crush of course).
It cost around 4ex to craft but the dps boost is huge even if other stats on the amulet are trash.
"
Rainbowfire wrote:

Surging Vitality is THE best small cluster node in the game. It's not "a little" bit of help.

my lvl 91 glad has only like 14 or 15 deaths, 6 of which came from an over zealous mod list in an ilvl 84 log book I was unable to complete. and 3 others from the expedition boss Uthred or something, that dude is a pain in the ass.

Other than that this build has incredible survivability
Thanks for the build. Just killed A8 Sirus in SSF with a 5-link, and I don't think my gear is insane either, have lots of upgrades to be done.
One of better things you can do with this build is to get rid of lion's roar flask, use it only vs sirus or other big bosses immune to knockback. This thing is awful during map clear and especially against map bosses, that are pushed away from your range, vaal totems can push boss all the way to another screen because they have ability to follow. Night and day difference after getting rid of this flask.

As for defenses, it isn't hard to cap chaos resist with some currency investment into rares, also grab divine flesh to boost that chaos res to 80% and reduce elemental damage taken by 40% as result.

I also like to use war cry medium cluster, that gives us both onslaught and intimidate. If you pair it with general's cry (1 link that does nothing), you use it every 4s automatically with no cooldown recovery investment, granting you perma onslaught and reliable intimidate vs bosses.

One problem I have with the build, that i can't solve, is pretty average clear speed and if you really juice maps, with breaches and delirium, clearing feels like shoveling snow with a spoon, too many enemies, our aoe is directional, we have to stop to spam it, need multiple hits to clear tanky monsters. Feels bad, worse than cyclone, which isn't even that great (and ofc takes way more currency to reach comparable damage this patch). It is combination of limited aoe, need to stand still while attacking and nature of impale that ramps up with more hits (we can't simply tap the pack like with for instance infernal blow).
Last edited by aerial on Aug 12, 2021, 8:55:25 AM
I'm loving the build so far!! Had the immense luck of dropping a mirror (first ever) and I've sinked quite a few exalts on the build. I think I'm at a pretty good spot atm but I'm looking for suggestions to push it even further.
I'm trying to find a decent lethal pride (that's my biggest obstacle atm) but what should I be looking for it to give? Dmg? Survivability?
What are your takes on this and anything you'd like to comment.

https://pastebin.com/mvekwmXK

Edit: Just noticed, on PoB i forgot to path to the 2 small clusters. Just click on them :D
Last edited by redef1n3d on Aug 12, 2021, 9:48:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info