Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

Hey, I've wanted to try RF for a while, and I see myself enjoying the build once I really get going. But, I've been really struggling leveling with this skill tree. I feel like I do no damage at all, more so than any other leveling progress. It has taken me over 9 hours to get to act 5. Should I not have switched to leveling with incinerate once I unlocked that skill gems for it?
Spoiler
"
adamjford wrote:
"
Aus_Carnifex wrote:
just wondering what I could swap out for a movement skill.

love the guide always wanted to play RF but didn't know how

I use an Unset Ring with a Flame Dash in it.
Hey Aus_Carnifex!

I was going to say what adamjford said. The easiest way to add a skill without changing anything else in the build is an unset ring. Just make sure you're still using Enduring Cry.

"
Aerstalk wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, I've wanted to try RF for a while, and I see myself enjoying the build once I really get going. But, I've been really struggling leveling with this skill tree. I feel like I do no damage at all, more so than any other leveling progress. It has taken me over 9 hours to get to act 5. Should I not have switched to leveling with incinerate once I unlocked that skill gems for it?
Hey Aerstalk!

Sorry for the frustration. Ya, it's a long road but that seems to be extra long. I see that you got a Tabula and have Incinerate in there so that will have obviously really sped things up for you, so great job! Definitely switch to your build's skills when you have the chance to. You're really close to being able to sustain RF without too much effort. The levelling section has a bit of info there to help.

Hopefully, you're having fun with it now. It really starts speeding up at this point.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 12, 2021, 2:58:03 PM
Following your suggestions, i used Holy Flame Totem, Ground Slam, and corresponding support gems. Added auras as soon as i could. Used bench craft to add missing attributes and resistances. Kept an eye peeled for the BBBR and RRRB 4-links. Any four links are worth trying, although Chromatic Orbs have a poor chance of getting "off" colors, like red on Dex gear. There is a lot of button-pressing at this stage.

Character is up to mid-50s and things are kicking in nicely. Problem now, as with every build i have tried, is getting a 5-link (and later a 6-link.) I have several 5 and 6 socket pieces in my inventory. Wasted about 25 Fusing orbs (all i could create by vendor recipe) trying to get them all connected. Chance is just too low.

Looks like Mining has such a recipe, but Voltaic Sulphide is so random, i cannot mine much. How do people delve so far when it's so hard to come by?
"
Landrael wrote:
My tooltip for RF damage ingame with no endurance charges says 95,000 dps and with 8 endurance charges says around 102,500 dps

Your RF shows damage in tooltip?
Mine doesnt. odd.

Also, as SSF I'll NEVER get it, but I think apothecary gloves with essence of delirium sslammed on it (and some decent rolls), might be the best possible place to slot the RF.
Last edited by boomwolf on Aug 13, 2021, 4:33:08 AM
Yeah levelling up for me was tough too. You need to look for any good sceptre, good one will give you nice extra damage. Make sure to pick up and identify any rare sceptres that drop. Also you might try to use any spare alchemy orbs to try to roll a nice one. Also try using 2 mediocre sceptres if you need more dmg and can't find a really decent 1. This build is tanky enough without shield.
"
Yeah levelling up for me was tough too. You need to look for any good sceptre, good one will give you nice extra damage. Make sure to pick up and identify any rare sceptres that drop. Also you might try to use any spare alchemy orbs to try to roll a nice one. Also try using 2 mediocre sceptres if you need more dmg and can't find a really decent 1. This build is tanky enough without shield.

Not only sceptres but also wands. Wands have a higher chance to roll caster mods. I used a ilvl 26 wand that carried me till 65.

For levelling, use scorching ray instead of incinerate. It can clear a whole screen in seconds. At the same time, level firewall gem so when you start using rf, switch sr to firewall. It’s very effective when bossing and encountering large mob spawns. You always want to be moving to ensure max survivability.

I do not recommend dual wield until you have all the degen mitigation and fast life regen. The plus max fire res on any shield is a must since no other gear will have it (for now). The best and cheapest shield to use that can carry rf build to end game is rise of the Phoenix.

In general, you won’t be able to comfortably use rf until level 65. Specific gear is typically inaccessible, and you need to spec all the passive tree nodes for life, regenerate, and max res. Also, you will need to level gems high enough to provide the necessary degen mitigation: +3 purity of fire, stone golem, and vitality. Focus on getting life and regen on every item where possible. An elder influence belt with life recovery is a must.

Be sure to use the main RF guide for access to years of knowledge base.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Aug 13, 2021, 10:06:48 AM
I had a lot of passive skill refunds so I am trying a modified version of the passive tree with Amplify + Explosive Impact route as was suggested before, I also added Mana Flows as I had 2 spare points. First impression is quite good, I have +220 mana now which helps solve the mana problems I had. 1106 now vs 880 with original passive skill tree according to this guide. Explosive Impact should offset losing Elemental Overload.
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Aug 13, 2021, 5:30:49 PM
Thanks everyone for being so kind and helpful to each other! It didn't look like anything else was directed at me, but I missed anything, let me know!

"
Spoiler
Following your suggestions, i used Holy Flame Totem, Ground Slam, and corresponding support gems. Added auras as soon as i could. Used bench craft to add missing attributes and resistances. Kept an eye peeled for the BBBR and RRRB 4-links. Any four links are worth trying, although Chromatic Orbs have a poor chance of getting "off" colors, like red on Dex gear. There is a lot of button-pressing at this stage.

Character is up to mid-50s and things are kicking in nicely. Problem now, as with every build i have tried, is getting a 5-link (and later a 6-link.) I have several 5 and 6 socket pieces in my inventory. Wasted about 25 Fusing orbs (all i could create by vendor recipe) trying to get them all connected. Chance is just too low.

Looks like Mining has such a recipe, but Voltaic Sulphide is so random, i cannot mine much. How do people delve so far when it's so hard to come by?
Awesome samite_alchemist!

I'm glad things are falling into place nicely. It feels really good when it does.

For me, I try to get my first 5-link from Vaal side areas. I go there for both a Vaal Righteous Fire gem and a hopeful 5/6-link. But honestly, you'll be able to do most content with RF in a 4-link. The single target damage won't be there, but most content will be totally fine.

The Delve currency is global; it's shared between characters. So some people could have lots leftover from a previous character. Also, Delve stuff is way easier to get, and invest into, once you hit maps.

Anytime you're fusing something with smaller chances (like a 5/6-link) make sure that the item is high quality. The higher the quality of the item, the better chance you have at linking.

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I don't play with your characters. I started playing poe with your character. It was a healthy experience. You have shown that it is possible to be, understanding and helpful player. gl
Best path seems to be league start with another build (summoners always ez-looting), farm the items. Then this build could work.

It's not easy finding multiple-linked blue sockets on strength-biased gear. And at league start there's not a lot of chromatic orbs to work with.

At level 55, not anywhere near sustaining RF, so using molten strike. Doing about 1000 dps... After 5 minutes Doedre down 10%. So this boss fight will take roughly an hour. That's with items that seem to synergize with molten strike (increased damage, increased elemental damage, increased projectile damage). I am still hitting the boss with a paper sword.

Too much grind for me.

Edit: I think my leveling game just sucks lmao
Last edited by oxyclean69 on Aug 15, 2021, 3:14:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info