Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

Question, I have managed to get a helmet with Burning Damage and Concentrated Effect support:

Does that mean I should remove the Burning Damage Support gem from the helmet? Will the gem and helmet mod stack or will they cancel each other and only 1 being used?

Not sure if I should remove the BD gem or not. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am noob.
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Aug 15, 2021, 2:19:52 PM
Hey Wrecker! I gave up on this league/patch around act 4, until I finally noticed you'd posted this guide. Going back through leveling this, and while the game still feels way more tedious than before thanks to the extra enemy life, I'm leaning hard on Incinerate and looking forward to getting RF sustained.

"
Does that mean I should remove the Burning Damage Support gem from the helmet? Will the gem and helmet mod stack or will they cancel each other and only 1 being used?

Not sure if I should remove the BD gem or not. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am noob.

Definitely not a dumb question. My understanding is that you'll only get the benefit of one Burning Damage/Conc Effect here; how the game chooses whether it comes from the helm or your gem, I'm not sure.

The helm itself looks great! Just be aware that if your actual gems are level 19+, you may be losing significant damage with this since those built-in supports are level 18 (with effectively 0% quality, though that may not matter depending on what you're going for). Regardless, though it's probably obvious, make sure you still have your support gems socketed somewhere so they're still gaining XP.
I'll respond to posts tomorrow. I'm Sabbathing today. I just wanted to get this message out there, now that I'm sure of my changes.

Alrighty! As mentioned in the 3.15 Disclaimer just below, I needed some time to see how mana performed with these builds considering the vast changes that were made in 3.15. I've played around with this build enough now that I think I'm ready to make some "permanent" changes to the build. I'm making these changes with the expectation that the current mana costs (mana multipliers and trigger costs) are permanent. Obviously, I don't know if the current PoE state will stay or change, but I want the build to be as "perfect" as possible for me today. I hate making mid-league changes to posted builds, but as I mentioned below, this league is a bit of an anomaly. Thanks for your patience!

The changes to the build will only be for gems. You'll only have to change socket colours and gems. You won't need to change any gear, need any extra attributes, or anything on the passive tree. As I spent some time with this build, the primary issue ended up being that Immortal Call wasn't going off as often as it should. The mana was getting eaten up by Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction. So I've reworked the gems a bit to prioritize what's most important but will still give us some help in the tougher battles. So the incoming changes will have Immortal Call going off much more often which will make a big difference. I've also taken the opportunity to min/max the rest of the gem layout since some gems needed to be changed anyway. I'll also be providing users with some options with playstyle.

I'll post the changes in a few days. I just wanted to give you a heads up first.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 15, 2021, 6:21:34 PM
One more question, what gems should I priorities when using GCP to add quality? I got +20% quality RF already, what are next gems I should try to add quality to?
Hi Guys.

Having fun with the RI, and currently at Lv86.

I have problem with the final LAB (Lab 4), and tips for fellow RI?

Thanks!
Hey, what are your problems? Anything specific you are struggling with? I think I did my final lab around the same level and it went smoothly for me (but maybe I just got lucky). I am using slightly different gem setup and have Shield Charge movement skill (with Fortify support), that helps quite a lot if I get in trouble and need to quickly change location. Maybe that could help.
Remove immortal call. You want to keep full endurance charges up at all times.

Remove shield charge/fortify setup and just use flame dash, get boots with 30 mvmt speed

Remove incinerate setup and use single flamewall or scorching Ray. RF is main damage with EE and EO.

All of this will give you lots of empty gem slots to run additional auras: vitality, clarity, pof, skitterbots/malevolence/spider

Have elemental res all over 100

Have flasks with remove burning and bleeding

Keep moving, avoid standing still, know when to avoid boss mega hits and always run away when things get crazy.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Aug 16, 2021, 9:15:02 AM
"
Remove immortal call. You want to keep full endurance charges up at all times.

Remove shield charge/fortify setup and just use flame dash, get boots with 30 mvmt speed

Remove incinerate setup and use single flamewall or scorching Ray. RF is main damage with EE and EO.

All of this will give you lots of empty gem slots to run additional auras: vitality, clarity, pof, skitterbots/malevolence/spider

Have elemental res all over 100

Have flasks with remove burning and bleeding

Keep moving, avoid standing still, know when to avoid boss mega hits and always run away when things get crazy.

I will try some of these changes. I was thinking about getting rid of Shield Charge + Fortify. For skitterbots I don't really have enough mana.

I will try without Immortal Call and instead just have Steelskin in CWDT slot. I was going to try Swift Affliction Support but then realised I don't have enough dexterity, would need to get gear with more dex to be able to level it up.
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Aug 16, 2021, 5:17:53 PM
"
nocek_czerny wrote:
Spoiler
I don't play with your characters. I started playing poe with your character. It was a healthy experience. You have shown that it is possible to be, understanding and helpful player. gl
Thanks nocek_czerny!

I'm glad you're still loving PoE! Thanks for taking the time to be so kind. I appreciate it. And the same goes to you! Thanks for being so kind :).

"
oxyclean69 wrote:
Spoiler
Best path seems to be league start with another build (summoners always ez-looting), farm the items. Then this build could work.

It's not easy finding multiple-linked blue sockets on strength-biased gear. And at league start there's not a lot of chromatic orbs to work with.

At level 55, not anywhere near sustaining RF, so using molten strike. Doing about 1000 dps... After 5 minutes Doedre down 10%. So this boss fight will take roughly an hour. That's with items that seem to synergize with molten strike (increased damage, increased elemental damage, increased projectile damage). I am still hitting the boss with a paper sword.

Too much grind for me.

Edit: I think my leveling game just sucks lmao
Hey oxyclean69!

Sorry levelling isn't going well for you. The first few acts can be slow for sure. If you're having a really rough time after that, then somethings up. Sometimes it's just really bad RNG. You should be able to start flying through the game, no matter you gear, after the first ascendancy.

Just to be clear regarding gear though, you don't have to have Strength based gear. In fact, the filter that I have for my guides focuses on Str./Int. gear for this character as it's easier to chromatic. So maybe that's the issue?My filter also shows all linked items during the campaign. I'm not trying to push my filter on you by any means. Use whatever works for you. Just know that you don't have to have Str. only gear.

"
Spoiler
Question, I have managed to get a helmet with Burning Damage and Concentrated Effect support:

Nice helmet furrypurpledinosaur!

In PoE, duplicate things don't stack (for the most part). So with your helmet, Only the strongest Burning Damage Support gem/mod will apply. The other one is wasted. It's not a dumb question at all! It's a tough choice.

"
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker! I gave up on this league/patch around act 4, until I finally noticed you'd posted this guide. Going back through leveling this, and while the game still feels way more tedious than before thanks to the extra enemy life, I'm leaning hard on Incinerate and looking forward to getting RF sustained.
Oh awesome internationalfish!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully, it treats you well as you get deeper in the game. Thanks, as always, for your kind words :).

"
Spoiler
One more question, what gems should I priorities when using GCP to add quality? I got +20% quality RF already, what are next gems I should try to add quality to?
With RF builds, I tend to go with the RF support gems first. The damage stuff. The rest don't really have too much value (like increased aura AoE and such).

"
Endorphins82 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Guys.

Having fun with the RI, and currently at Lv86.

I have problem with the final LAB (Lab 4), and tips for fellow RI?

Thanks!
Hey Endorphins82!

I'm glad you're having a good time :). Nice work getting to 86! If you've followed the guide's setup and are still having trouble with the final lab, you could always try turning off RF and only using Incinerate. The damage is a little slower of course, but you won't die.

Think that could help?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'll be on vacation until the 27th of August. So unfortunately for those with questions and such, I won't be able to respond until then. I hope 3.15 is treating you well and that you're having a great time!

Just a reminder, feel free to make any change to the guide. If it works, great! If it doesn't, just revert back to the guide and try again. See you soon.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info