3.15 🥶Ice Trap🥶 Saboteur OR Raider League Starter Build - Freeze ALL BOSSES with Un-Nerfed Damage

"
Nayeen wrote:
Looks interesting. Would you recommend a build like this for SSF where you don't have easy access to the uniques?

I'd like to know this as well!
"
tripolarbear wrote:
"
Jshaw995 wrote:
4k life btw.

You get more with better gear, but also you can spec more life if you want. Since we're softcore and with the heavy nerfs to damage, I figured people would be OK blasting through the content like last league, but if you need to take it slower and with more life then feel free! If you need I can add more life on the tree for you, just let me know.

Who is we? I'd like to play ice traps in Hardcore. Do you think simply adding life to this build will make it work for Hardcore?

Thank you for the great guide, btw.
"
Iodo wrote:
"
tripolarbear wrote:
"
Jshaw995 wrote:
4k life btw.

You get more with better gear, but also you can spec more life if you want. Since we're softcore and with the heavy nerfs to damage, I figured people would be OK blasting through the content like last league, but if you need to take it slower and with more life then feel free! If you need I can add more life on the tree for you, just let me know.

Who is we? I'd like to play ice traps in Hardcore. Do you think simply adding life to this build will make it work for Hardcore?

Thank you for the great guide, btw.

"We" is most likely him and people who this build is targeted for? I don't believe he plays hardcore so its unlikely the guide is built around hardcore in mind.

You can make most builds work in hardcore if you have the knowledge to do so. If you don't have that knowledge you are probably better off finding a build that is designed around hardcore in mind.
Great video guide! I'm like 80% sure I'm league starting with this.
bump. its realy good build, ty
I don't think going LL/ES is a very good idea with this build, since you'd be giving up so much just to get enough EHP, and you won't have any dodge and won't be scaling evasion rating so blind just becomes 50%. You'd give up slavedrivers, so no cast speed scaling, and you'd have to give up tinkerskin which is a huge recovery mechanic. If you have a POB I'd be interested in looking at it, but when I tried making it Low Life I actually lost damage, and survivability.
Sorry "we" is for my softcore audience since I'm not a HC gamer. To make this work better in HC, I'd probably want to run a kintsugi, run raider and go 6-7k+ HP while stacking much more evasion rating, but that would all come at the cost of HUGE damage decreases so I'm not sure if you'd be better off playing something else at that point.
Thank you, I am definitely playing this as my league starter. What are your thoughts on using cold penetration, inspiration support or added cold dmg with ice trap?
Last edited by Magenta_Blue on Jul 22, 2021, 8:11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll want to start this build tomorrow, so thank you in advance for taking the time to put up a guide for it!

I do have one question though: the thought of before getting the trigger having getting to the boss and having to put down a bear trap, storm branding, frost bombing, manually casting ass mark, as well as using ice traps seems very intimidating, could you explain how you usually approach a boss, as in first you do this, then that, etc?
This will be my league starter. Thank you for guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info