3.15 🥶Ice Trap🥶 Saboteur OR Raider League Starter Build - Freeze ALL BOSSES with Un-Nerfed Damage

"
raffi13 wrote:
"
What you actually want is added fire/lightning damage in order to boost res on those damage types and lower resistance for cold.

So if I had like a weapon that added fire damage to spells, every enemy hit by any of my spells would have a lowered cold res?

How I understand it is that only the gem that is socketed has EE. It is not global. So you want a skill gem in it that inflicts either fire or lightning on a mob. You can even socket a lightning or fire golem gem into it as they deal lightning and fire damage to a boss.
I can run normal red maps fine, but have trouble running alch'd maps without dying. Has anyone suggestions what I could/should change, except for "git gud"? I'm not even sure if I need more life or more damage to survive better...
"
syntheticants wrote:
I can run normal red maps fine, but have trouble running alch'd maps without dying. Has anyone suggestions what I could/should change, except for "git gud"? I'm not even sure if I need more life or more damage to survive better...

Your damage seems OK for red maps. I have just above 4800 life and I survive just fine in high tier red alch'd maps. I don't use steelskin anymore which frees up a point to invest into health on the tree. Atziri's step is good for extra avoidance but you would need to redo all your resists. Also try and get your resists overcapped 10-15 points to allow for map mods that reduce your resists. Maybe consider picking up Arrow Dancing on the tree as well for additional projectile avoidance. I see you've deviated just a bit from the tree in the POB. Not sure how beneficial the timeless jewel is. You could change it out for an additional life jewel?
I got pretty lucky with Rog on a couple items that really boosted my health pool.
I hope this helps. :)
"
Zuuule wrote:

Your damage seems OK for red maps. I have just above 4800 life and I survive just fine in high tier red alch'd maps. I don't use steelskin anymore which frees up a point to invest into health on the tree. Atziri's step is good for extra avoidance but you would need to redo all your resists. Also try and get your resists overcapped 10-15 points to allow for map mods that reduce your resists. Maybe consider picking up Arrow Dancing on the tree as well for additional projectile avoidance. I see you've deviated just a bit from the tree in the POB. Not sure how beneficial the timeless jewel is. You could change it out for an additional life jewel?
I got pretty lucky with Rog on a couple items that really boosted my health pool.
I hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the tips :) The timeless jewel gives me +25% crit chance, +20% elemental damage, +10% stun avoid. And +4 dex on the minor nodes. I'm not sure if it's worth it tbh, I originally got it for "The Traitor" but only understood the keystone text afterwards correctly (I was under the impression it would give me flask charges for empty flasks, not for empty flask slots...). I guess I should replace it with a +strength and +health one, that would free up a strength node on my tree without not using steelskin. Maybe I can get some more res that way too.

Last edited by syntheticants on Aug 21, 2021, 12:41:03 AM
how to increase survi? cant lvl up to 92. Already got tinkerskin with slavedriver, 2600 evasion rating and 4k
"
markonjd wrote:
how to increase survi? cant lvl up to 92. Already got tinkerskin with slavedriver, 2600 evasion rating and 4k

4K life is pretty low plus 2 of your resists are not capped. Swap the 2nd wand for a shield for more block and life? Maybe drop malaci ring for more life? I think your biggest issue is that your resists are way too low.
Last edited by Zuuule on Aug 23, 2021, 12:05:05 PM
great build, thanks for the guide. I added a seismic trap to the mix to deal with all the "elemental resist" or "cold resist" monsters.
"
televore wrote:
great build, thanks for the guide. I added a seismic trap to the mix to deal with all the "elemental resist" or "cold resist" monsters.

I went the seismic rout as well and deal loads of damage. You should take a look at the seismic gear setup in the pob that created a 2nd 5 or 6 link using essence of horror on shaper gloves. Pob has me up above 5 million shaper/guardian dps. I still have a lot of room for improvement as well.
Hello,

Any insight what i should do further regarding upgrades?

Low currency currently, but i was thinking:

- 1st prio grab lvl 21/20 Divergent Ice Trap for that extra freeze (QoL)
- 2nd prio Watcher's Eye with crit chance while affected by Hatred... Perhaps i can replace Increased Critical Strike Chance with Hypothermia Support, but not sure (currently sitting @ 75% crit chance in hideout).

Q: How i can get Zealotry running as well along with Hatred + Summon Skitter? Do i need that unique helmet : Devouring Diadem or whatever is called?

Any idea will be appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by joint77 on Aug 31, 2021, 12:20:55 PM
best starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info