0.10.5 Patch Notes

idk why so many peoples crying about graphics lol..
good job GGG.
auras look great.
also fix the decoy totem effects. it is very distracting.
Cheers GGG for the patch and melee fun, but unfortunately I have to add my voice to the "not impressed at the auras" group.

I play solo and on a reasonable PC which can cope happily.

Maybe I'll get used to them in time, but I really preferred the previous Clarity and Hatred auras (haven't seen the others to comment yet), any chance of being a player option would be wonderful.

I feel that the previous auras matched and fitted in well with the effects of granite flasks, molten shell etc, but now these strange thin bits of ribbon circling the legs, just seems out of place for me and doesn't fit.

Also I find it hard to distinguish between the 2 in the case of clarity and hatred as which is which.

I just feel for the poor person who has spent all the time and work creating these and then gets to read this thread afterwards :-( Sorry, it's nothing personal who every you are.
Nice visuals, overall, especially environmental. +1 Graphics Option for auras; some who play solo or with a single partner might prefer the old versions.

WP moves seem... Minor. I tried each map at least three times from established WPs. In Broken Bridge, the only (momentary) problem is determining which way to go to get to Kraityn. Likewise, in Pools and Streams, proximity doesn't appear to be an issue, either. In both cases, it was relatively trivial to guess the direction to go, which makes me think this is more a bot-blocker than a farming nerf.

Western Forest sucked about as much as normal, having to locate Alira in that tangled rat's nest of a map.

Not a terrible patch, so far; gonna have to find some of the new gems and Uniques to judge the added content, though the Tabula Rasa robe (posted by some lucky person on the forum) was a great idea. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Spoiler
After last patch the game doesn't work.
I simply started the client, downloaded the patch - now each time I click the client.exe it's starting downloading a small (13,72 MB) patch + crashing at loading screen ( sometimes with info about bad allocation ). Please help! It never happened before!

- Fixed
ING: MG
Last edited by Fuzzonodrome on Apr 8, 2013, 8:38:04 AM
The new auras seem to be a step down, i really don't know if this was necessary, nor if it is really appreciated now. I mean, good for the lag if it REALLY did that much of a difference in a 6 pack, but the new auras just seem... i don't know.. unfinished? Like a temporary measure until the real aura graphics come out? I mean...these lines can't be the auras that we'll be left with.. it seems just so un-chiseled :D
ign: oXu / Hedonic / PuppyPower
"
KenshiD wrote:
Why did people like the old auras?

The old ones looked out of place, too fancy and had performance issues.

In late game you couldn't see your character because someone decorated you with a christmastree lights.

Really the auras looked awful!

I like the minimalistic approach the new auras have! Simple but nice.

The only thing I am disappointed in is that Molten Shell and Tempest Shield still look like eyecancer. But I guess that will be changed soon as well.

So yeah I am one of those who like the new aura.

I think what GGG should do if they are not sure about a thing is to make Polls so people can vote on what they like and what not.

Auras are a "bit" better and molten shell is completely out of place now :S, crazy.
I don't like that all auras are in the exact same style (swirls) with a tiny bit of variation, more could have been done here. I did not feel that clarity was out of place and I imagined that determination would have been fine just without the shields ( I think removing the shield from molten shell will be enough).
I dont like the new auras too BUT it is true, at least now you can see something in all this clutter.
"
georgeamca wrote:
auras look great.
also fix the decoy totem effects. it is very distracting.

EDIT: sorry, first of all - very nice patch.

THIS.

I wear glasses, my eyes are probably not good and im also colorblind. But please... that **** decoy totem is ***** usefull but way too distracting in maps. Its like a self taunt -.-

If you have 3 people using it at the same time/loc, you can really damage your eyes.
Last edited by Puckz on Apr 8, 2013, 10:20:41 AM
Stopped playing just to post. Love the new fire debuff animation and the Life Regen aura on mobs (is it new or just me?), I can actually tell what the enemy has (aura-wise) without having to mouse over them.

The new auras are much better also, but makes the game look rather old. Now I have a bunch of fast moving circles, not very cool or immersive looking. Maybe try to experiment with making them hues at the characters feet?

I want to see more aura animation changes. I would love to be able to tell the auras apart on mobs visually, some of them are too subtle to tell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info