0.10.5 Patch Notes

"
To improve performance, we have reduced the complexity of most visual aura effects.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So not beautiful!
no problems with FPS
Please, comback norm auras!!!!!! Or make option on/off aura effect!
Last edited by Ebasta on Apr 8, 2013, 5:00:29 AM
The Auras look really bad now.
Please let me choose what i want to see.
Thank you.

D.
Crazy. German. Storyteller. Writer. Poet.
Love the new aura graphics!
All the hard work is very much appreciated, no doubts there. However, some glaring issues remain that should have been fixed promptly.

- Nothing was done to low-life vision radius, something you confirmed on beta feedback forums to be fixed in the upcoming patch.

- Many spells/skills are still killing mobs/destroying barrels way off-screen, more then you estimated 13 tiles. Still nothing done about that, while we are constantly loosing on potential drops.

And now these auras.. what's going on? Instead of thinking ahead and implementing a switch in options menu for full/low aura gfx, effectively you are hurting your own game by going backwards.. to 2000? I remember games from that age having better gfx then what auras are now changed into.. a flying red turd, two blue and one green circle trying to hypnotize me and three snowflakes? ...

Aura change surely feels like a rushed mechanic, done without much thinking and just something to slap on to satisfy a few. It just doesn't make any sense seeing you try to make this wonderful game... uglier?

I prefer to sacrifice auras if this fixes the major desync issues. I am sick of losing 2 hours of EXP just because of 2 min lag...
"
Chris wrote:
"
Defilade wrote:
"Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion)."

I don't quite understand this. Isn't this how it has always worked? Like cyclone will roll a crit or not and if the intial crit roll happens everything cyclone hits will crit.

Yes, but it's saying that if you use Multistrike then the crit is rolled once and then applied to all repeats of the skill.

Great new skills for melee builds!

Another question on the above change though, does this affect chaining, forking, and piercing projectiles? in other words if the main projectile lands a crit, does the chaining, forking, and piercing projectiles also do a crit?

Would be great to know
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
All the hard work is very much appreciated, no doubts there. However, some glaring issues remain that should have been fixed promptly.

- Nothing was done to low-life vision radius, something you confirmed on beta feedback forums to be fixed in the upcoming patch.

- Many spells/skills are still killing mobs/destroying barrels way off-screen, more then you estimated 13 tiles. Still nothing done about that, while we are constantly loosing on potential drops.

And now these auras.. what's going on? Instead of thinking ahead and implementing a switch in options menu for full/low aura gfx, effectively you are hurting your own game by going backwards.. to 2000? I remember games from that age having better gfx then what auras are now changed into.. a flying red turd, two blue and one green circle trying to hypnotize me and three snowflakes? ...

Aura change surely feels like a rushed mechanic, done without much thinking and just something to slap on to satisfy a few. It just doesn't make any sense seeing you try to make this wonderful game... uglier?

+1

aura "improvements" are a massive step backwards in graphics... its like Ultima 1

please make this an option so people can choose whether they want low-end fast gfx or high-end pretty gfx.
btw there alot less lags now thats true but plz do smt with rain of arrows sound eefects
Шось? (IGN: Owner)
Why did people like the old auras?

The old ones looked out of place, too fancy and had performance issues.

In late game you couldn't see your character because someone decorated you with a christmastree lights.

Really the auras looked awful!

I like the minimalistic approach the new auras have! Simple but nice.

The only thing I am disappointed in is that Molten Shell and Tempest Shield still look like eyecancer. But I guess that will be changed soon as well.

So yeah I am one of those who like the new aura.

I think what GGG should do if they are not sure about a thing is to make Polls so people can vote on what they like and what not.
really need to make option in settings for auras for those who dont like auras now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info