Ultimatum Statistics

Hilarious that the entire sentiment of the OP was a brag on how amazing Ultimatum is, but the general consensus is that people hate the league even more after reading those stats.

But hey - TenCent is making $50 million so far, so why should they change anything?
I feel so fucking bad not even meeting it once :(
I've had 3 TrialMaster opportunities in this past week since breaking into red maps, and there are some variable reasons why I chose to bail out of the encounter each time:

1. in all 3 encounters I had an exalt+ already on the line. Sorry but I'm not going to risk losing everything when Wave 10 rewards suck worse than Wave 1 rewards.

2. in all 3 encounters I was nearly lvl'd up and didn't want to risk losing 10% on exp bar bc of nearly every new league mechanic typically having at least something way overtuned with league mechanics in general.

3. Glove drops extrememly rare and I don't care for GGG's rng system giving a fair chance at anything good, and ye .2% chance (guessing here) for glove drops is kinda ludicrous and not worth farming this boss otherwise.

4. aint no way nor do I care for this whole 4-part Trialmaster conditional challenge. It is confusing, vague in what to do, and it just plain sucks imho. Would've been better to make us complete x amount of Ultimatum challenge types instead over the course of the league. That would've been more realistic to achieve while having fun.
Last edited by AShugars on May 26, 2021, 9:00:54 PM
I don't have lucky for found boss TrialMaster . 😭 Boring
When it comes to the number of mirrors or headhunters that could have spawned, I get a bit annoyed. Would that be the same as saying that X number of mirrors/headhunters were expected to drop on maps, but none dropped due to players not killing the specific monster that would have dropped them? Kind of a statistic that is hard to prove and could be inflated easily.
Do these numbers reflect how few players are actually doing ultimatums vs how many players skip them? Maybe that would give you some insightful statistics as well. :-/
Given your "Best care scenario of 1 in 50 chance" ie 2% spawn rate for the Trialmaster spawn means there's a probability that.

5% of your community saw him spawn at least once every 150 maps.
14% of your community saw him spawn exactly once every 150 maps.
1% of your community saw him spawn at least once every 250 maps.
3% of your community saw him spawn exactly once every 250 maps.

You can quote the mean (Avg) if you want but statistically when going off chance there are going to be low and high occurrences. Thus ~23% of your community saw him considerably less.

The other portions saw him spawn within the mean or higher but this is why an encounter, esp one with a conditional Challenge completion should not be simple chance.

I finished 90%+ of Ultimatums to the end. My build was made for the league mechanic. I saw the Trailmaster once however I didn't really bother to push much past T14 either because of that.

Your players do not like to be statistics when it comes to content. Please keep that in mind.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
So you're saying people either failed before getting to wave 10, quit before getting to wave 10(probably because they want to secure a good reward), or didnt start the trial at all (mostly due to the trial difficulty itself)

Do you know what would fix 2/3rds of this?

Spoiler
An indicator that trialmaster wants to fight right at the very start

I havnt been on much but ive seen skipping ults half the time since i seem to always die to them (atleast on t16 ;p)

I havnt seen a trialmaster and i have like 800 maps done or some such thing (this doesnt seem like much but i actually think it is a lot lol)
"
danhibiki wrote:
So you're saying people either failed before getting to wave 10, quit before getting to wave 10(probably because they want to secure a good reward), or didnt start the trial at all (mostly due to the trial difficulty itself)

Do you know what would fix 2/3rds of this?

Spoiler
An indicator that trialmaster wants to fight right at the very start

This is the correct take. Everyone else on here is just whining without offering any ideas to better it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info