Ultimatum Statistics

The worst mechanic i ever saw,
After so much time, all you came up was just run in circles and time the moment where you will get one shot....
The rewards are 99% shit,

the far more interessting statistic would be, how many encounters were "aborted"/rewards taken on which wave.
i.e. if i see that i hardly managed to complete wave 5, i'll hardly go for the next wave. thats why i'm not surprised to see those 90%+ complete encounters where people actually decided to go for it...
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
who cares.

Next league please. Decent patch please. Buff skills please. Change the meta please. BRING BACK HARVEST for god sake.

path of exile is a dead game atm. Congratz on killing harvest

+1
Been spamming ultim non-stop for days, hrs and hrs on end, not skipping ANY, clearing every wave, I feel like i'm in jail. like maybe the next one will spawn this boss that will end up dropping nothing, and then I will be 100% done with this mechanic. The 4-5c I get is a kick in the junk. I love you GGG, but I have never hated a league like this, not even metamorph.
"
gargemell311 wrote:
So something like 400 HH and 200 Mirrors were possible to find out of how many millions of encounters?

I'm not sure I've ever read anything so demotivating in my life.

...as rewards from successful Ultimatum trials.

This does not mean there were 400 HH and 200 Mirrors dropped in Ultimatum league.
"
CHASE_BANK wrote:
When it comes to the number of mirrors or headhunters that could have spawned, I get a bit annoyed. Would that be the same as saying that X number of mirrors/headhunters were expected to drop on maps, but none dropped due to players not killing the specific monster that would have dropped them? Kind of a statistic that is hard to prove and could be inflated easily.

Why would anyone possibly want to lie to you about the probability and/or statistics of some drops?

I mean, this conspiracy theory nerd raging is getting even beyond ridiculous.

"
danhibiki wrote:
So you're saying people either failed before getting to wave 10, quit before getting to wave 10(probably because they want to secure a good reward), or didnt start the trial at all (mostly due to the trial difficulty itself)

Do you know what would fix 2/3rds of this?

Spoiler
An indicator that trialmaster wants to fight right at the very start

Do you know what would such a "solution" cause?

People would mass-start maps (especially the Quary-like, easy access ones), skip-mobs-speed-run to the ultimatums, check whether Trialmaster will be involved, and if not, immediately leave the map and start the next one. Rinse and repeat. Much like Quary-farming for many league mechanics so far.

It would be called "Trialmaster/Hateforge farming", in order to generate profits on selling Headforges, to allow more people to play yet another totally broken FOTM OP build.

People are like that, unfortunately.
"
naxus123 wrote:
The worst mechanic i ever saw,
After so much time, all you came up was just run in circles and time the moment where you will get one shot....
The rewards are 99% shit,

it may not be the best league mechanic so far, thats true. but nearly everything can be more or less balanced and changed!

i also think ultimatum deserves to be critisized, but it certainly helps bringing some examples and arguments..
indeed: the fights can be tough and rewards are often at least questionable.
also ranged/minion builds clearly have a disatvantage this time, due to limited arena size and the usual "squishyness" of such builds; during regular fights one key for such builds is to maintain distance and avoid close combat situations with mob packs, which is hardly possible in ultimatum trials.

also the difficulty discrepancy is sometimes extreme: i remember playing my starter build somwhere in act9 or so, basicaly melting trough mobs and boses, then i started some trials and was wondering how trial mombs "melted" me...it was like jumping from part 1 of game to yellow maps or something..
The stats posted don't seem particularly useful.

You can't justify anything using those numbers because they are not granular enough, about the only thing you can do is imply that everything is going OK, at best, which for many people is incorrect. There is a reason league participation has dropped off significantly so soon after the start.

It sure doesn't help things when patch notes lie.

I remember looking at one of the hotfixes where they mentioned "reduced the number of Rare/Unique monsters being spawned in Ultimatum encounters" and then went and ran one (because I had stopped) and almost all the mobs onscreen were rares and that's not getting started on the archers that 1 shot, and spawn at key locations that cover the entire Arena with their abilities or the texture streaming that doesn't render the monsters on screen before I'm dead from their shots and the performance issues with predictive networking erring on the side of killing me because your server desyncs since the performance updates. God knows all of those issues took a long time to figure out without a peep of a response from anyone at GGG.

If you want a balanced picture, post the participation rates, wave cancel's, and times it was loaded but not started at various points. I'd say those points would be most interesting at Act 4/5, Act 9/Epilogue, and T1 mapping every 3-5 levels organized by class/Ascendency choices. That should at least show you something interesting.

Having all the participation numbers aggregated across the entire game like that to paint a narrative is just disingenuous and a poor attempt at masking the complete disaster this league has been.

The stats are a little misleading.

Consider the Wave-9 completion rate of over 90%. Sounds like over 90% of players complete that wave, but it's actually a far lower number. The percentages compound. Using 95% completion rate for every level (which is a close approximation to the actual results), the total number of players who start a challenge and complete wave 9 is: 63%

Essentially 0.95^N where N is the wave considered.

This also assumes every challenge goes to wave 9, which they do not. If we knew the probability of rolling 9 waves, we could factor that into the equation.

I only bring this up because the way the statistics are presented suggest this is an easy league mechanic. Honestly it's one of the harder mechanics to date. On top of that, the RNG of the league itself (rolling a 9 or 10 wave challenge) makes it frustrating to play.

In my opinion, each challenge should go to a max wave based upon the area level -- period.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info