Ultimatum Statistics

This league mechanics is (or better: was) relatively disappointing to me, too. Here is, why:

When I reached the map content (I usually skip new mechanics more or less during leveling), I failed lots of Ultimatums due to bad gear et cetera. So I just skipped it completely for several days until my char was very strong and I leveled up. A friend of mine had to do the same.
The game coerced me to skip its league mechanics for like half of my playtime this league.
When I was strong enough to manage it consistently, it still felt nothing special. It did not feel rewarding. Just random, without any need of thinking and without potential to somehow influence the reward even in the slightest way.

I also don't like the general concept of seeing any ultra-rare/expensive reward and the possibility to not get it. Poor guys and girls who got a Mirror or HH as next reward but failed the encounter afterwards. I guess for them the league was over. For me it would have been, that's for sure. Game mechanics should promote fun to play, not have the potential to undermine it, in my opinion.

That leads us to the question how (if at all) Ultimatum should be implemented into the game. Though it wouldn bother me too much, if they implement it, I certainly wouldn't miss it if they don't. Since there are already so many different and much more enjoyable mechanics in the game, I would prefer, if they just discard it. This leaves more room for better stuff hopefully to come.

The statistics above look a little bit naked and handpicked. It would be interesting to know, how many maps were played in total, for examle.
Shouldn't the idea that you could risk the loot you've got already to fight him be a part of the "Ultimatum?" Knowing that seems to fall right in line with the whole idea, right??????

So tell us in some way when we run into him, whether there is a fight there or not.
"
pifpep wrote:
Those statistics are great and motivated me to play after a 5 days break.

Have done 72 t14+ maps today and killed him 6 times. 1 ultimatum i did not finish.

Lets change those failed stats guys, we're better than that.

If at one extreme someone can find him 1:12 maps after completing 72/73, then I wonder what's at the opposite extreme?

We're far past the days that half the community was doing 3 minute map runs. A 1:140 TM encounter rate at 3 mins per map would mean 7 hours of continuous, non-stop mapping, without accounting for vendor time, trading, socializing, stretching, eating, etc. I do all content in my maps and always play self-made non-meta builds. Last league it was Cobra Lash Poison. This league I wanted to check out Reap. Maps take me much longer than 3 minutes and I wager it's the same for many others. The time it takes to spawn this dude is pretty absurd. It might make sense once it makes it to perma, but right now, for a league mechanic it doesn't feel right. That's not to say I'm not having fun aside from that. And at least 36 is possible with a grind and ignoring the Conditional.
Last edited by awave on May 27, 2021, 4:14:30 PM
I more or less quit this league because of performance problems and the fact that I often loose the mouse cursor on-screen. I really can do better with my spare time. I hope this will get fixed, but currently it seems it won't in the near future.

It is in no way helping that this dude is mocking you for "Come loose a trial". What were the designers thinking? I started like 10 encounters and got killed in 9. Ok it was in the first or second act with a bad character, but how is this a rewarding experience? Especially at the start it should be possible to at least have some degree of success. I've skipped all trials ever since and got bored out at level 50, not even getting to maps. This is the first time that this has happened to me in a league.

Additionally, I get like a 1 second lag spike each 10 seconds. Like this, PoE is no fun to play at all. For me, this has been the worst league ever.
Last edited by hochl on May 27, 2021, 4:10:24 PM
Any stats on Trials just walked past and not started? I stopped doing them a long time ago, I find them just too frustrating and not worth the time
Stats pretty much show a failed league mechanic. GG on spending all this time and effort creating a boss encounter and league mechanic that such a high % of people skip or don't encounter. Not really sure what your gameplay creation philosophy is, but its trash.
Your misuse of significant digits irks me on every one of these. Over-precise presentation simply makes the data harder to read and does not provide any meaningful insights.
I don't think showing that there were sub 1k combined HHs and mirrors generated as rewards out of nearly 200 million ultimatums started is the best "encouragement", GGG.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:

lol dude just play something else lmao

Without reading those stupid statistics, this is definitely the best advice.

GGG's philosophy is to have only elite players who can interact with complex mechanics and pay for their private leagues.

For "amateurs" like me, this game is just frustrating and has lost all meaning for the fun of it.
Always excited to see the stats for a league, one of my fav layers of content you provide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info