Ultimatum Statistics

I have to agree with many of the comments on this thread about not having a fun boss encounter gated behind RNG. As a more casual player, I've never encountered the Trialmaster and I'm sure there are other people in a similar situation like me. A good example, in my opinion, is the Simulacrum. Amassing the large number of 300 splinters is quite the task (if not target-farming) and I may manage to get only one attempt at the Simulacrum during my time playing a league. But at that stage in the league, I will have seen the fight on YouTube and would have a reasonable chance at beating it - the same would apply to the Trialmaster if it was "farmable" in a similar way.

Next on the league mechanic itself, I wonder how different the statistics would be if people with Headhunter were removed. I feel the last few league mechanics (Heist, Ritual, Ultimatum) have had a similar theme: put loads of rare monsters together so that their auras 1) enhance all the other monsters' capabilities and 2) provide a significant advantage to players with Headhunter.

This is not a complaint about the item - I LOVE Headhunter. I'll hopefully play a Headhunter build next league. I normally play a minion build and league mechanics like this where monsters boost each other with the (over)abundance of rare monster auras makes it very difficult for both my minions and myself to survive. I'm sure this is also the case for many other players and builds. And for that reason, I end up skipping a lot of the content and falling on the wrong side of the RNG-generated boss fight. And that's a real shame I haven't (yet) experienced the great work the PoE dev team have put into the fight.
Wtf i do every singel ultimatum and best drop i ever get is 3 times 1x exa. And last 12 sirius kill still no Trail master..
"
HolySoul007 wrote:
Wtf i do every singel ultimatum and best drop i ever get is 3 times 1x exa. And last 12 sirius kill still no Trail master..

because you play standard :)

or how is that you have 0 map done in your challenge?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on May 27, 2021, 2:39:58 AM
64% of 100 encounters generated overall since the start of the league is still low.

You should boost the damn rate of the trial master. Maybe this will let people enjoy more of the new uniques .

Haven't been so pissed about new uniques since for ever.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Is this GGG bragging how their new league mechanic is harder than previous mechanics and finally killing players? Is ''look guys, we put the boss into the game but you managed to fail encountering him 65% of the time; clearly that's your problem'' some kind of tactic to shame/diss players into playing more? Stats are nice, but not with such trashtalk commentary please.

Still absolutely horrible league mechanic for casual builds. None of the ultimatum mods are fun to play with, some are bearable, but thats it. Still skipping. Bah, hope next one is better.
I got a headhunter this league from the trash ring loot in an inscribed ultimatum. First time ever getting a drop that expensive. Was awesome.
Last edited by Recla on May 27, 2021, 2:50:58 AM
i really giving up brothers. 1000 + ults (full corrupted +14 maps) done . it only rewards 4-5 chaos orb and tons of shhhit. i dont want hh or gloves i only want to finish this crapy challenges
Last edited by SirSmokeSALoot on May 27, 2021, 3:07:59 AM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
HolySoul007 wrote:

because you play standard :)

or how is that you have 0 map done in your challenge?

Oh No brother this is my shop build only 🙉😀
Last edited by HolySoul007 on May 27, 2021, 3:05:53 AM
"
DistantBliss wrote:
Is this GGG bragging how their new league mechanic is harder than previous mechanics and finally killing players? Is ''look guys, we put the boss into the game but you managed to fail encountering him 65% of the time; clearly that's your problem'' some kind of tactic to shame/diss players into playing more? Stats are nice, but not with such trashtalk commentary please.
Yeah...

Ultimatum announcement: Chris Wilson says you should do careful risk management because you're meant to fail.

Players: do risk management, bail out of stone circles, cancel early if they got a good reward, etc.

GGG: Hahaha losers! See how many mirrors and HH you lost! And it's your fault you never find trial master because you chicken out! Hahahaha.

Can't be bothered with this league... Only cared about the toucan pet.
Initially i was shocked by the high completion rate of every wave at every level, then i realised that they are multiplicative with the previous levels, so it really isn't that high.

for instance, if we take a 95% completion rate and apply that to each wave in a run (rounding down since each exile either succeeds or fails, out of a hundred starting exiles we get;

Wave 1:95 succeed
Wave 2:90 succeed
Wave 3:85 succeed
Wave 4:80 succeed
Wave 5:76 succeed
Wave 6:72 succeed
Wave 7:68 succeed
Wave 8:64 succeed
Wave 9:60 succeed

Then in Wave 10 only 60% of those succeed so 36.

and this is further compounded by the information that people will on average actually have the opportunity to do this encounter once every 140 maps. For the average successful Trialmaster encounter it's 50 / 0.36 = 138 maps, and that's only if every trial offered, is run.
Last edited by magpye on May 27, 2021, 3:18:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info