[3.14] In-Depth 216m Sirus DPS Scion CoC Build Guide (w/ GIFs, Leveling Guide)

"
"
Marc_9k wrote:
Ok, I was suspecting this, however I cant see where the info is? The in-game APS on cyclone hits 9.95 fully buffed in an ultimatum (I assume its somewhat correct at that point?) And I cant see the APS in PoB?

It's in Calcs tab on PoB. Go in there and select Cyclone. You will see it as 'Attack/Cast Rate'. Do not forget to do configuration first. Tick Frenzy charges for example.

Thank you so much, now I found it. And now I see with lvl 9 anom blood rage its perfect. Thanks!
Is there a meaningfull way to craft the belt? It costs 20ex+++ on trade, kinda expensive.
Well, I played around some more with the two variations of the build. Managed to make some meaningful and accessible changes that cost a bit of dps, but makes up for it by making more of the build improvements locked behind the passive tree instead of gear. You're free to use these pastebins to tweak your own POB and provide in the build guide, or just use them as-is. They are just modifications on your own work anyway.

1 LCJ Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/BTHZJT27

Notes:
- finishes at lvl 97 instead of 98
- 4,745 unreserved mana almost purely with passive tree, and almost no mana roll equipment. Has a +36 mana roll on abyss jewel, and 3 base jewels w/ % increased maximum mana. Much more accessible than flat mana equipment. With this, you're less shoehorned into finding hyperspecific gear and will spend a lot less overall.
- 103M Sirus DPS w/ lvl 20 ice spear and spell dodge enchant boots. Says 104M, but that extra 1M is gated behind being hit by a spell. Activated the option cause it's relevant for spell dodge lab enchant on boots.
- 28,839 EHP based on POB Calc. Take figure with grain of salt though.
- 58% evade when enemies are blinded, 45% base attack dodge, and 43% spell dodge after getting hit by an attack or spell once cause lunaris pantheon and lab enchant boots
- missing 1 jewel slot compared to your original version
- doesn't squeeze out as much dps, but there are savings to be had; a wider range of options for people not playing ultimatum.

2 LCJ Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/M4y5eD06

I've personally played with this variation on your 2 LCJ, and its survivability is much much higher than when I tried to push closer to your 216M dps. Just can't get the mana roll stuff no matter how much money I want to throw at people. I even tried the forbidden trove just for funsies and it was made abundantly clear that mana roll mirror tier stuff was not on the menu.

Notes:
- finshes at level 97 instead of 98
- 4,306 unreserved mana almost purely with passive tree with the same mana gear mentioned on the 1 LCJ.
- 155.5M Sirus DPS. You can opt to sacrifice 103 mana for a crit chance + acc prefix viridian jewel to cap out cyclone hit and crit chance for more consistency. Pre-labelled jewels are included to play around with. Sacrifices the 3 curse nodes near Wind Dancer to achieve the mana. Boots are still spell dodge enchant. Provided you have flat mana rolls to keep your mana above 4k, you can take the aforementioned offensive nodes and get up to 180M Sirus DPS
- 19,482 EHP based on POB Calc. Take figure with grain of salt though.
- 56% evade when enemies are blinded, 35% base attack dodge, and 13% spell dodge after getting hit by an attack or spell once cause lunaris pantheon and lab enchant boots
- missing 2 jewel slots compared to your original version.

Both work well, but the 1 LCJ is just a whole lot more peace of mind especially when you make some mistakes piano flasking. At least you're not going to get blown to bits just cause your finger didn't press hard enough to trigger say...the stun avoidance quicksilver or your mana flask. I've gotten the hang of the playstyle enough that there's little difference in feel between the 1 LCJ and 2 LCJ...except that the 2 LCJ blows stuff up in maps faster.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 2:14:15 AM
"
Well, I played around some more with the two variations of the build. Managed to make some meaningful and accessible changes that cost a bit of dps, but makes up for it by making more of the build improvements locked behind the passive tree instead of gear. You're free to use these pastebins to tweak your own POB and provide in the build guide, or just use them as-is. They are just modifications on your own work anyway.

1 LCJ Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/SZk5qiXZ

Notes:
- finishes at lvl 97 instead of 98
- 4,652 mana almost purely with passive tree, and almost no mana roll equipment. Has a +36 mana roll on abyss jewel, and 3 base jewels w/ % increased maximum mana. Much more accessible than flat mana equipment. With this, you're less shoehorned into finding hyperspecific gear and will spend a lot less overall.
- 103M Sirus DPS w/ lvl 20 ice spear and spell dodge enchant boots. Says 104M, but that extra 1M is gated behind being hit by a spell. Activated the option cause it's relevant for spell dodge lab enchant on boots.
- 28,839 EHP based on POB Calc. Take figure with grain of salt though.
- 58% evade when enemies are blinded, 45% base attack dodge, and 43% spell dodge after getting hit by an attack or spell once cause lunaris pantheon and lab enchant boots
- missing 1 jewel slot compared to your original version
- doesn't squeeze out as much dps, but there are savings to be had; a wider range of options for people not playing ultimatum.

2 LCJ Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/M4y5eD06

I've personally played with this variation on your 2 LCJ, and its survivability is much much higher than when I tried to push closer to your 216M dps. Just can't get the mana roll stuff no matter how much money I want to throw at people. I even tried the forbidden trove just for funsies and it was made abundantly clear that mana roll mirror tier stuff was not on the menu.

Notes:
- finshes at level 97 instead of 98
- 4,220 mana almost purely with passive tree with the same mana gear mentioned on the 1 LCJ.
- 155.5M Sirus DPS. You can opt to sacrifice 103 mana for a crit chance + acc prefix viridian jewel to cap out cyclone hit and crit chance for more consistency. Pre-labelled jewels are included to play around with. Sacrifices the 3 curse nodes near Wind Dancer to achieve the mana. Boots are still spell dodge enchant. Provided you have flat mana rolls to keep your mana above 4k, you can take the aforementioned offensive nodes and get up to 180M Sirus DPS
- 19,482 EHP based on POB Calc. Take figure with grain of salt though.
- 56% evade when enemies are blinded, 35% base attack dodge, and 13% spell dodge after getting hit by an attack or spell once cause lunaris pantheon and lab enchant boots
- missing 2 jewel slots compared to your original version.

Both work well, but the 1 LCJ is just a whole lot more peace of mind especially when you make some mistakes piano flasking. At least you're not going to get blown to bits just cause your finger didn't press hard enough to trigger say...the stun avoidance quicksilver or your mana flask. I've gotten the hang of the playstyle enough that there's little difference in feel between the 1 LCJ and 2 LCJ...except that the 2 LCJ blows stuff up in maps faster.

Good to hear your personal feedbacks. As I said before, feel free to use the version that fits you better; I gave the option for people to use 2 LCJ setup because it's a huge portion of advanced endgame min-maxing for this build. You can see it on top poe.ninja builds, including myself. As OP, my goal here is pushing the limits of our build to the maximum without being unrealistic or unplayable. So it's even more enjoyable to present a different variant to the community.

As a side note, playing this build without flat mana rolls is as same as playing a typical life based build without any life rolls so you pretty much must use 1 LCJ variant. Standard is inefficient and hard to play/build around so I'm obviously not judging you. This build is already %100 optimized and oneshotter without any additional second LCJ, so everything is fine. Have fun.

Last edited by killiangrausten on Jun 7, 2021, 4:31:56 PM
Sometimes i'm getting oneshot in ultimatums, don't see why. I happens almost always in ultimatums with rings. Maybe it's bleeding? Can i protect myself from it somehow?
Hi. First I wanna thank you for the in-depth build. After so many failed tries this league I finally found something strong and straight-forward enough that makes my investment worth it. This is my current gear.

I can easily get the 2x Cospri+projectiles and upgrade all gems needed. Though it's extremely strong but I sometimes get one-shot out of nowhere even with map bosses once in awhile. Is there something I can do to make it a bit more tanky? I really don't mind a bit minus in damage.

Also I saw many people use Ice Spear instead of Freezing Pulse in Cospri. I tested it in POB and the damage is higher in number but the clear is a bit scuffed. Right now I'm testing Ice Spear with Greater Mul Projectiles, before it was Awk Ele Focus but the damage is lower with lower projectiles. So I guess it's a better choice to scale more projectiles overall?
"
DaiBi wrote:
Sometimes i'm getting oneshot in ultimatums, don't see why. I happens almost always in ultimatums with rings. Maybe it's bleeding? Can i protect myself from it somehow?

POB with withering step implemented and mana nodes taken for more survivability without sacrificing too much dps (104M Sirus dps):

https://pastebin.com/BTHZJT27

My thoughts below:

Based on the way I've played in-game with this build, it really is more of an active play kind of thing. You have to be aware of your arcane cloak uptime cause you've got about 2-3 seconds of downtime on the thing. You're also not certain how much damage the cloak's absorbed so a good rule of thumb is to not jump in the middle of mobs and instead just graze them so you start triggering ice spears for clear instead. It's also good to make it a habit to quickly glance at your mana every so often and flask accordingly. Being efficient with uptime wouldn't be as big of a problem if the devs had only chosen a more obvious effect for arcane cloak...it's just not very visible when you have the cyclone effect and ice spear-splosions everywhere. It would be easier if it was a blue symbol up top (not unlike immortal call) cause you would know it's down and can adjust your aggressiveness accordingly.

The build's defenses are very beholden to rng cause of evasion and dodge rolls being not-so-good. I don't consider damage taken recouped as mana a one-shot defense because of its concept. Whereby you STILL take the life damage and get the mana back over time, and the calculation for it comes BEFORE MoM. It keeps up good mana sustain as long as you don't get one-shot though, but if you get unlucky and take too many hits, or you get a giant dps slap in the face. Well, you're still as good as dead.

I'd say you could swap out Second wind support with lvl 20 20% quality superior withering step (elusive buff). You lose out on about 0.5s less CDR for arcane cloak based on my in-game testing from switching out lvl 20 second wind. Your dash cd becomes sucky at 0.86s. However, since you're cycloning anyways the +40%-ish increased movespeed on top of quicksilver is better than stopping to dash into a mob especially when you're not certain how far you'll end up dashing...not to mention the short delay before you can cyclone after dashing. The additional 20%-ish spell and attack dodge + phasing from elusive is also really beneficial for cyclone and can serve as a kind of holdover if you alternate between withering step and arcane cloak on their respective cds. That way you've got a better rng chance of not dying to multiple unlucky hits on a rippy ultimatum. Caveat emptor though, you're going to give up some offense from the higher cd of arcane cloak (due to indigon effect), but this build is overkill and I feel it's better for most players to shore up the defenses instead of the superfluous "flex" damage values. It's still very much active mitigation, but you've just got more of it if you play your skill buttons semi-efficiently. <- I played bargain basement lowest common denominator chars for years while I bankrolled my [former] guildmates' stupidly op builds in exchange for constant stock of stuff to trade. I cleared a lot of endgame content using skill more than builds so this kind of multiple cd muscle memory is a part of me...takes a bit of practice but it can be learned (delve is great for getting the button pressing timing down cause you're always fighting something).
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 2:13:03 AM
I'd like to propose to the readers a couple of DPS improvements you could make to the build (check your PoB first). These aren't necessary and are purely for PoB-warrioring purposes. I saw a few people do this on poe.ninja and thought I'd point it out.

Improvement 1:

If you socket a Lethal Pride at Black, you can socket a Transcendent Flesh at White for a total of 72% crit multi. This will (most likely) brick your attack speed cap (since Timeless Jewels bricks Unnatural's Instinct 1st line because they "conquer" all passives in Radius, thus preventing further modification by a jewel like your Unnatural Instinct on Yellow). Therefore, you replace Unnatural Instinct with a run-of-the-mill crit multi jewel if your attack speed is bricked. This allows you to potentially get "5% chance to deal Double Damage" on your Battle Rouse, Sentinel and Arcane Chemistry notables, which is practically 5 to 15% more damage, depending on the quality of your lethal pride.

Improvement 2:
Pandemonius is beatable by a well-crafted rare amulet such as this. It is an option to consider at the higher end, if you can afford to lose the defensive blind of Pandemonius.

Improvement 3:
Depending on your tree, Arcane Capacitor might actually outperform Crusader as an Anoint. Check PoB.
Last edited by ItsMarcus on Jun 8, 2021, 12:07:30 AM
"

Good to hear your personal feedbacks. As I said before, feel free to use the version that fits you better; I gave the option for people to use 2 LCJ setup because it's a huge portion of advanced endgame min-maxing for this build. You can see it on top poe.ninja builds, including myself. As OP, my goal here is pushing the limits of our build to the maximum without being unrealistic or unplayable. So it's even more enjoyable to present a different variant to the community.

As a side note, playing this build without flat mana rolls is as same as playing a typical life based build without any life rolls so you pretty much must use 1 LCJ variant. Standard is inefficient and hard to play/build around so I'm obviously not judging you. This build is already %100 optimized and oneshotter without any additional second LCJ, so everything is fine. Have fun.

The mana quotes above are after reserving auras (forgot to say that). They almost match both your POBs so it's possible to achieve the 2 LCJ without taking flat mana.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 12:49:37 AM
"
ItsMarcus wrote:
I'd like to propose to the readers a couple of DPS improvements you could make to the build (check your PoB first). These aren't necessary and are purely for PoB-warrioring purposes. I saw a few people do this on poe.ninja and thought I'd point it out.

Improvement 1:

If you socket a Lethal Pride at Black, you can socket a Transcendent Flesh at White for a total of 72% crit multi. This will (most likely) brick your attack speed cap (since Timeless Jewels bricks Unnatural's Instinct 1st line because they "conquer" all passives in Radius, thus preventing further modification by a jewel like your Unnatural Instinct on Yellow). Therefore, you replace Unnatural Instinct with a run-of-the-mill crit multi jewel if your attack speed is bricked. This allows you to potentially get "5% chance to deal Double Damage" on your Battle Rouse, Sentinel and Arcane Chemistry notables, which is practically 5 to 15% more damage, depending on the quality of your lethal pride.

Improvement 2:
Pandemonius is beatable by a well-crafted rare amulet such as this. It is an option to consider at the higher end, if you can afford to lose the defensive blind of Pandemonius.

Improvement 3:
Depending on your tree, Arcane Capacitor might actually outperform Crusader as an Anoint. Check PoB.

The Amulet improvement seems pretty easy enough to implement. My tree is built on getting to 333%+ mana for the...I think...almost 100% increased spell damage from transfiguration of the mind. Arcane capacitor seems like a weird suggestion though...Arcane surge support might override the effect of arcane capacitor since it's the stronger buff, and arcane capacitor's arcane surge buff is considered equivalent to a lvl 1 arcane surge support gem so it seems moot to have that anoint...unless you're suggesting we remove arcane surge support for something else? Please do correct me if my understanding of the interaction is mistaken. Most of my knowledge of game mechanics might be a bit dated.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 1:02:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info