[3.14] In-Depth 216m Sirus DPS Scion CoC Build Guide (w/ GIFs, Leveling Guide)

"
"
I need help figuring out why I can't seem to squeeze out as much dps as your POB. In the most ideal conditions, my POB says I can do 85M dps, and if I can slot in my jewel at lvl 97 I should hit about 94-95M. For some reason I can't seem to breach 100M. Not really sure if this is a configuration issue or something fundamentally missing from my equipment.

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/08d4tXWq

Also, I kind of ended up with 62% total CDR cause I was trying to do some elevated crafting, and elevated my the cdr on both my boots and belt. My POB says I'm still good at 10.07 effective trigger rate. The way I read your guide...It is to my understanding that a CDR higher than 52% still falls under the 10.1 aps rule. Is this correct?

Many of my jewels are sub-optimal though (most are 3 relevant rolls and 1 unrelated cause the perfect ones were too expensive). I was forced to get an increased global accuracy rating modifier on a jewel to get 100% hit chance for regular mobs (96% for evasive mobs). Most of my jewels tend to have 3 relevant crit mult mods and some unrelated mod that I had to take cause perfect four mods are too expensive. Current crit mult without the last jewel slot is 594%

Thanks for all the effort. This build feels and plays really, really well. Tested it out on most of the endgame content (except maven and sirus) and it melts them all even if I'm just being pedantic about wanting to min-max.

Before starting, thank you for your good words, I appreciate it a lot!

1) Getting over %52 CDR doesn't matter DPS wise. And yes, 10.1 aps rule is still correct for any CDR rate for %52 and above.

2) Your jewels and crit multi is decent, with the last slot it would be completed. 4 mod jewels are hard to find and there are always better upgrades for that price range. I generally have currency to go for 4 modded jewels for a socket or two but I had more efficient upgrades everytime. So don't care that too much.

Looked at your PoB and there are some ways to boost your dps. Get Anomalous Ice Spear and Hypothermia 21. Enchant your boots with Ele. Pen.

And you can go for double Cluster setup, I don't recommend it before level 97 but I will update my current PoB here in the guide. You can try it but it's sub optimal to sacrifice so much survivability to squeeze some DPS. You need to tune it yourself. Double LCJ setup also boosts your DPS but first you do the upgrades above and try to get closer to my DPS on PoB that I've posted here. In that time you probably level up more and you can go for double LCJs.

Thanks for the input! This has been super helpful. Just have to decide whether to just go buy a lvl 21 anomalous ice spear and slot in the old one in the cospri's or to just throw caution to the wind and vaal the one on me. The hypothermia support should be easy enough to buy off of someone. As for the enchant...I'll probably have to do a few runs of the regular eternal lab with this build to check out lab survivability. If it doesn't pan out too well... I'll probably swap out to my TR deadeye to hammer the runs out for the enchant. I am definitely looking forward to the extra LCJ setup.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 1:56:35 AM
"
DaiBi wrote:
"

That's why you must go for %14 CDR variant to go for high attack speed because this time you just need 15 APS. This time it's better than 7.5 because 7.5 is a low attack rate in general for this CDR value.

Sadly, that guide doesn't really talk about intervals and 10.1 threshold.

Thx for answer.

I'm still a bit confused why POB shows 7.57 proc rate with 15.14 APS (in tripoloar's build) and 10.1 proc rate with 10.1 APS in your build? I've expected double proc rate with 15.14 APS.

And second question - why do you use power charge on crit if we have Liquid Inspiration? We should spamm mana flask anyway, right? I'm getting 3 charges in 10 seconds after starting a map just spamming the flasks.

And just my observation of archmage synergy with vortex. If i spamm archmage + vortex + arcane cloak through the map i'm getting about 1.5 times more damage on my ice spear on average compared to when i spamm regular vortex and arcane cloak. Mana level was very inconsistent tho, this could be a problem in tough fights. Especially with Righteous Fire on.

While the concept behind this build seems really complex...it's as simple as wanting your attacks to overlap almost exactly as your ice spear finishes cooling down. At, 52% cdr you have 0.1s cd per ice spear cast so in order to launch 10 ice spear attacks in a second...you'll want about 10 [crit] attacks per second (the 0.1 extra is probably some kind of overhead on that cd). So:

10.1 aps = (10 casts x 0.1s ice spear cd) + overhead =
1 second = optimal overlap of cyclone aps and ice spear cast speed

My take on this is that in tripolar's build he has way too much attack speed such that ice spear is proccing "too slowly" for the attack speed he has. The inefficient overlap attacks from having 15.14 aps make it such that around half those attacks happen while ice spear is on cool down hence ice spear proccing even less than if you just had 10.1 aps. (Please do correct me if my assumptions are wrong.)

As for the power charge on crit, it seems more like insurance if you accidentally don't press the mana flask button when you're piano flasking. It's happened to me while doing delve especially when I accidentally rest my hand on W-E-R instead of Q-W-E without realizing it. You can probably replace it if you've got consistent muscle memory, or are using some sort of tool to do the flasking. I'm not implying anything btw...just saying it's less of a problem managing flasks with that tool.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 12:59:24 AM
double post
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 12:44:13 AM
"

My take on this is that in tripolar's build he has way too much attack speed such that ice spear is proccing "too slowly" for the attack speed he has. The inefficient overlap attacks from having 15.14 aps make it such that around half those attacks happen while ice spear is on cool down hence ice spear proccing even less than if you just had 10.1 aps. (Please do correct me if my assumptions are wrong.)

As i understand it by now, the only reason to have double APS, is to proc SECOND spell in our COC link in addition to ice spear. And it is not very efficient, cuz we are losing hypothermia for a creeping frost (or freezing pulse), we will have slower proc rate in 14% CDR version (7.57 vs 10.1), we will lose almost all crit multi jewels, cuz we need a lot of attack speed. And 20.1 APS for 52% CDR is just unrealistic, as was stated by OP.
Last edited by DaiBi on Jun 5, 2021, 7:08:55 AM
"
"
"
I need help figuring out why I can't seem to squeeze out as much dps as your POB. In the most ideal conditions, my POB says I can do 85M dps, and if I can slot in my jewel at lvl 97 I should hit about 94-95M. For some reason I can't seem to breach 100M. Not really sure if this is a configuration issue or something fundamentally missing from my equipment.

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/08d4tXWq

Also, I kind of ended up with 62% total CDR cause I was trying to do some elevated crafting, and elevated my the cdr on both my boots and belt. My POB says I'm still good at 10.07 effective trigger rate. The way I read your guide...It is to my understanding that a CDR higher than 52% still falls under the 10.1 aps rule. Is this correct?

Many of my jewels are sub-optimal though (most are 3 relevant rolls and 1 unrelated cause the perfect ones were too expensive). I was forced to get an increased global accuracy rating modifier on a jewel to get 100% hit chance for regular mobs (96% for evasive mobs). Most of my jewels tend to have 3 relevant crit mult mods and some unrelated mod that I had to take cause perfect four mods are too expensive. Current crit mult without the last jewel slot is 594%

Thanks for all the effort. This build feels and plays really, really well. Tested it out on most of the endgame content (except maven and sirus) and it melts them all even if I'm just being pedantic about wanting to min-max.

Before starting, thank you for your good words, I appreciate it a lot!

1) Getting over %52 CDR doesn't matter DPS wise. And yes, 10.1 aps rule is still correct for any CDR rate for %52 and above.

2) Your jewels and crit multi is decent, with the last slot it would be completed. 4 mod jewels are hard to find and there are always better upgrades for that price range. I generally have currency to go for 4 modded jewels for a socket or two but I had more efficient upgrades everytime. So don't care that too much.

Looked at your PoB and there are some ways to boost your dps. Get Anomalous Ice Spear and Hypothermia 21. Enchant your boots with Ele. Pen.

And you can go for double Cluster setup, I don't recommend it before level 97 but I will update my current PoB here in the guide. You can try it but it's sub optimal to sacrifice so much survivability to squeeze some DPS. You need to tune it yourself. Double LCJ setup also boosts your DPS but first you do the upgrades above and try to get closer to my DPS on PoB that I've posted here. In that time you probably level up more and you can go for double LCJs.

Thanks for the input! This has been super helpful. Just have to decide whether to just go buy a lvl 21 anomalous ice spear and slot in the old one in the cospri's or to just throw caution to the wind and vaal the one on me. The hypothermia support should be easy enough to buy off of someone. As for the enchant...I'll probably have to do a few runs of the regular eternal lab with this build to check out lab survivability. If it doesn't pan out too well... I'll probably swap out to my TR deadeye to hammer the runs out for the enchant. I am definitely looking forward to the extra LCJ setup.

Just to mention, you will faceroll any lab with this build concept. It doesn't matter; Gift, Dedication, Tribute, Regular. Because traps do zero damage to mana builds, you can facetank everything. We tank damage with our mana pool in general and enduring mana flask is OP for the damage type of labyrinths. If I just didn't hate lab, I'd farm it seriously.
"
DaiBi wrote:
"

That's why you must go for %14 CDR variant to go for high attack speed because this time you just need 15 APS. This time it's better than 7.5 because 7.5 is a low attack rate in general for this CDR value.

Sadly, that guide doesn't really talk about intervals and 10.1 threshold.

Thx for answer.

I'm still a bit confused why POB shows 7.57 proc rate with 15.14 APS (in tripoloar's build) and 10.1 proc rate with 10.1 APS in your build? I've expected double proc rate with 15.14 APS.

And second question - why do you use power charge on crit if we have Liquid Inspiration? We should spamm mana flask anyway, right? I'm getting 3 charges in 10 seconds after starting a map just spamming the flasks.

And just my observation of archmage synergy with vortex. If i spamm archmage + vortex + arcane cloak through the map i'm getting about 1.5 times more damage on my ice spear on average compared to when i spamm regular vortex and arcane cloak. Mana level was very inconsistent tho, this could be a problem in tough fights. Especially with Righteous Fire on.

1) TriPolar's build is just doubling the APS to also trigger Cospri's synced with main 6-link setup. Not that consistent, as I explained before. Ideal setup is %52 CDR & 10.1 APS to my understanding, calculations and researches about this build.

2) Both Liquid Inspiration and Power Charge On Crit grants CHANCE to gain power charge. So logically, we are stacking the chances. Especially for bosses, we need to be %100 sure to have power charges. We are not Assassin when it comes to Power charge generation, so tolerating it with a basic gem support is way to go. In addition, there is not a better gem for there, to be worth to use. Frost Bomb and Creeping Frost are not damage sources for us; they grant exposure, chill to support the build in general.

3) We are using a MoM based build; throwing Archmage on top of all those mana cost would create inconsistency at times. As we are taking huge damage, our mana can sometimes be depleted. I don't recommend it in general.
"

Just to mention, you will faceroll any lab with this build concept. It doesn't matter; Gift, Dedication, Tribute, Regular. Because traps do zero damage to mana builds, you can facetank everything. We tank damage with our mana pool in general and enduring mana flask is OP for the damage type of labyrinths. If I just didn't hate lab, I'd farm it seriously.

I did notice that lab was particularly painless if a bit slow due to the lack of movespeed stacking in general. I still prefer my TR deadeye on account of being able to blitz the uber uber labs in under 10 min. Because I really hate any form of the labyrinth.

I want to congratulate you for being able to push the build to such obscene heights in dps in the new POB update. It's no small feat of theory crafting, that's for sure. Putting this build together and playing it has been incredibly fun.

I do have my criticisms on the practicality of the updated build though. My impression was that the new tree turned this into a bossing build, and that it would be super duper squishy. Either way, I pretty much implemented the whole thing as soon as I saw it...except for the last 2 jewel slots, and their corresponding str nodes. I get one-shot more often on the updated one. I've also been stunlocked by normal mobs even with the stun avoidance on the quicksilver up on unjuiced safe-ish t16 maps (very weird interaction tbh). The ice spear trigger also feels delayed and inconsistent at 99% hit chance. I tried using Atz's promise on the chimera shaper guardian to test the stun from its smoke phase, and I get stunned on every hit while almost never evading or avoiding any hits. <-was testing solaris/lunaris so was not on brine king.

The previous tree is probably a better representative of this build for doing all content painlessly with the semi-occasional one-shot death. You could actually branch the two variants so people can choose what they deem is better for their needs. I prefer the general content variant with 100M+ dps to this new one. Sunk a bit of currency down on the LCJ, but nothing I can't make back in time so I don't really mind having ended up as a tester for the new 216M update.

I do plan on implementing some parts of the your update to the old tree. The first being the curse nodes until "Mark the Prey" while foregoing mana. Mainly to see if playing on 3.3k mana with better damage and flask sustain is better than having 3.7k mana.

P.S. played around with POB to see what the ideal dps of my char is on the update. I'd cap out at 186M dps, but am currently at 130M dps.

Addendum: respecced back into the previous tree, and the build feels really good again. I can just cyclone in the middle of super rippy packs and feel stupidly confident in my mana-life sustain again. Even threw myself on a delibarately made rippy hexproof metamorph, and almost didn't feel a thing even when my ping was spiky as hell.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 5, 2021, 10:30:13 AM
180M... tzsuz chwistz

I cant even get over 30M w/o RF. I don't think my equipment is so bad:

https://pastebin.com/MAQhb3LD

Anyway, I got rid of RF for increased duration bc I melt everthing in seconds anyway.

"
"

I did notice that lab was particularly painless if a bit slow due to the lack of movespeed stacking in general. I still prefer my TR deadeye on account of being able to blitz the uber uber labs in under 10 min. Because I really hate any form of the labyrinth.

I also saw your POB update with the 2nd set of clusters. My impression was that the new tree turned this into a bossing build, and that it would be super duper squishy. Either way, I pretty much implemented the whole thing as soon as I saw it...except for the last 2 jewel slots, and their corresponding str nodes. I get one-shot more often on the updated one. I've also been stunlocked by normal mobs even with the stun avoidance on the quicksilver up on unjuiced safe-ish t16 maps (very weird interaction tbh). The ice spear trigger also feels delayed and inconsistent at 99% hit chance. I tried using Atz's promise on the chimera shaper guardian to test the stun from its smoke phase, and I get stunned on every hit while almost never evading or avoiding any hits. <-was testing solaris/lunaris so was not on brine king.

The previous tree is probably a better representative of this build for doing all content painlessly with the semi-occasional one-shot death. You could actually branch the two variants so people can choose what they deem is better for their needs. I prefer the general content variant with 100M+ dps to this new one. Sunk a bit of currency down on the LCJ, but nothing I can't make back in time so I don't really mind having ended up as a tester for the new 216M update.

I do plan on implementing some parts of the your update to the old tree. The first being the curse nodes until "Mark the Prey" while foregoing mana. Mainly to see if playing on 3.3k mana with better damage and flask sustain is better than having 3.7k mana.

P.S. played around with POB to see what the ideal dps of my char is on the update. I'd cap out at 186M dps, but am currently at 130M dps.

I am actually playing with 2nd Cluster for a long time, for comparison it's more squishy than previous version but I rarely die. To be precise, I only die at some ultimatums; I really don't remember dying to a map thing, bosses are also non-existent. Also died to some juiced delirium shenanigans and it didn't feel weird, it can be tough. We need to be active while spinning, concept is not really defensive, we need to destroy things without getting wrecked. So I find it worth to go for 2nd Cluster, but needs to be at least Level 96 to not lose 'that' much survivability.

Stun is whole another thing here, I find it really interesting that you associate getting stunned with 2nd Cluster. 2nd Cluster setup isn't about getting more stunned or less. Yeah, stun is about your defensive layers and we lose some with this setup, that's completely right. But it's mainly because your low maximum mana, I looked at your gear and you don't have mana on your rare pieces at all. And when you go for 2nd Cluster wheel on top of that, you lose Phase Acrobatics and AoE nodes. Your maximum mana is 3.3k for the setup, it's so low. I assume you need at least 4k unreserved mana to be safe about stuns. Because as I said, I really don't get stunned. But you're right about %99 Hit Chance, %100 feels better. Not by a big margin but %100 is good for the concept of our build. I had %100 when I have T1 Dex from my gloves, changed it so I have %99 right now. Optimal solution would be changing my double corrupted Cospri with a Accuracy enchanted one but I'm mostly done with the league.

Anyways, for your mana levels it's much better to go for single Cluster setup and you're right, I will also post my single Cluster setup back again. It was bad to remove the old tree.

Last edited by killiangrausten on Jun 5, 2021, 10:30:34 AM
"
I want to congratulate you for being able to push the build to such obscene heights in dps in the new POB update. It's no small feat of theory crafting, that's for sure. Putting this build together and playing it has been incredibly fun.

Addendum: respecced back into the previous tree, and the build feels really good again. I can just cyclone in the middle of super rippy packs and feel stupidly confident in my mana-life sustain again. Even threw myself on a delibarately made rippy hexproof metamorph, and almost didn't feel a thing even when my ping was spiky as hell.

Thank you for your compliments btw, feel free to use the best version that fits you, everyone gives different feedbacks, I appreciated your opinions!
Last edited by killiangrausten on Jun 5, 2021, 10:40:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info