[3.14] In-Depth 216m Sirus DPS Scion CoC Build Guide (w/ GIFs, Leveling Guide)

"
laststraw9 wrote:
Hi. First I wanna thank you for the in-depth build. After so many failed tries this league I finally found something strong and straight-forward enough that makes my investment worth it. This is my current gear.

I can easily get the 2x Cospri+projectiles and upgrade all gems needed. Though it's extremely strong but I sometimes get one-shot out of nowhere even with map bosses once in awhile. Is there something I can do to make it a bit more tanky? I really don't mind a bit minus in damage.

Also I saw many people use Ice Spear instead of Freezing Pulse in Cospri. I tested it in POB and the damage is higher in number but the clear is a bit scuffed. Right now I'm testing Ice Spear with Greater Mul Projectiles, before it was Awk Ele Focus but the damage is lower with lower projectiles. So I guess it's a better choice to scale more projectiles overall?

The build's damage scales with projectiles so, yes, ice spear is better than freezing pulse in this case. The op answered this question a while back too and said just about the same thing.

For more defensive options. You can swap second wind support with lvl 20 20% qual withering step to get +20% atk and spell dodge +40%ish increased movespeed + phasing (pass through enemies) on your cyclone so you can get in and get out faster...stay in big mobs without risking as much of your hp, but you lose dps cause arcane cloak's cdr is increased by like 0.5s if you lose second wind. I find the dash gem kind of useless since you usually want it to dash out of trouble and continue cycloning so 2 charges is nice to have, but not necessary imo. Essentially, you're going to be playing with arcane cloak and withering step's cooldowns to maintain higher uptime on defenses so you don't just get blown to bits.

I also have a POB of the OP's build that stacks mana passive nodes to get more mana at the cost of some dps (transfiguration of mind with crusader annoint stacks with % increased mana modifiers. Reach 333% increased mana and get 99.99999% increased spell damage). The defenses with withering step elusive buff showing 65% atk dodge and 63% spell dodge and 211% mvspeed modifier on elusive. This setup generally works cause my TR raider with significantly less dps works on this same principle:

https://pastebin.com/BTHZJT27
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 2:12:39 AM
"
"
ItsMarcus wrote:
I'd like to propose to the readers a couple of DPS improvements you could make to the build (check your PoB first). These aren't necessary and are purely for PoB-warrioring purposes. I saw a few people do this on poe.ninja and thought I'd point it out.

Improvement 1:

If you socket a Lethal Pride at Black, you can socket a Transcendent Flesh at White for a total of 72% crit multi. This will (most likely) brick your attack speed cap (since Timeless Jewels bricks Unnatural's Instinct 1st line because they "conquer" all passives in Radius, thus preventing further modification by a jewel like your Unnatural Instinct on Yellow). Therefore, you replace Unnatural Instinct with a run-of-the-mill crit multi jewel if your attack speed is bricked. This allows you to potentially get "5% chance to deal Double Damage" on your Battle Rouse, Sentinel and Arcane Chemistry notables, which is practically 5 to 15% more damage, depending on the quality of your lethal pride.

Improvement 2:
Pandemonius is beatable by a well-crafted rare amulet such as this. It is an option to consider at the higher end, if you can afford to lose the defensive blind of Pandemonius.

Improvement 3:
Depending on your tree, Arcane Capacitor might actually outperform Crusader as an Anoint. Check PoB.

The Amulet improvement seems pretty easy enough to implement. My tree is built on getting to 333%+ mana for the...I think...almost 100% increased spell damage from transfiguration of the mind. Arcane capacitor seems like a weird suggestion though...Arcane surge support might override the effect of arcane capacitor since it's the stronger buff, and arcane capacitor's arcane surge buff is considered equivalent to a lvl 1 arcane surge support gem so it seems moot to have that anoint...unless you're suggesting we remove arcane surge support for something else? Please do correct me if my understanding of the interaction is mistaken. Most of my knowledge of game mechanics might be a bit dated.

I believe, as does PoB, that it overrides, but Arcane Capacitor still applies 50% increased arcane surge effect.

Granted, this is a very marginal difference, but it is still a difference. Furthermore, Arcane Capacitor grants more mana.

Image relevant.

Double posting here, sorry.

To add to my previous suggestions, here is an additional one.

Integrating a couple of jewels such as these in the 2 LCJ setup will permit you to hit Critical Strike Chance cap. This will boost your DPS while allowing you to drop Diamond Flask (which is pointless at 100% crit) in favor of a Quartz Flask, which is a HUGE defensive boost.

I'm including my own PoB as a a reference to how I did this. https://pastebin.com/qeL8Ez6i

For those who have Accuracy problems (like me, sadge), consider the node Reflexes. It should be 2 points off your tree and gives a large amount of accuracy until you can hit cap naturally with gear.

Furthermore, Reflexes grant a non-negligible amount of evasion.
Last edited by ItsMarcus on Jun 8, 2021, 1:49:39 AM
"
ItsMarcus wrote:

Integrating a couple of jewels such as these in the 2 LCJ setup will permit you to hit Critical Strike Chance cap. This will boost your DPS while allowing you to drop Diamond Flask (which is pointless at 100% crit) in favor of a Quartz Flask, which is a HUGE defensive boost.

I'm including my own PoB as a a reference to how I did this. https://pastebin.com/qeL8Ez6i

For those who have Accuracy problems (like me, sadge), consider the node Reflexes. It should be 2 points off your tree and gives a large amount of accuracy until you can hit cap naturally with gear.

Interesting choices. I'll probably take the amulet idea and anoint so big thanks for that! The giant dps numbers on the 2 LCJ aren't very appealing [to most people] for what you have to sacrifice in order to get there. I'm probably the only one next to the OP who would even be remotely interested in implementing these giant dps POBs. I [now exclusively] play in standard and the market can no longer provide what I need to push this build to its limit even though the prices are not really a barrier to me. I was willing to go as far as get mirror tier everything on this build, but flat mana roll mirror tiers just aren't on the market. More currency for yet another character, I suppose.

Plus, most of the people reporting here tend to ask about how to avoid one-shots so while the theory crafting is sound, I find that more practical suggestions are currently needed rather than pushing more dps.

P.S. Your POB says your missing 1 int for cospri's?
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 2:02:56 AM
"
"
ItsMarcus wrote:

Interesting choices. I'll probably take the amulet idea and anoint so big thanks for that! The giant dps numbers on the 2 LCJ aren't very appealing [to most people] for what you have to sacrifice in order to get there. I'm probably the only one next to the OP who would even be remotely interested in implementing these giant dps POBs. I [now exclusively] play in standard and the market can no longer provide what I need to push this build to its limit even though the prices are not really a barrier to me. I was willing to go as far as get mirror tier everything on this build, but flat mana roll mirror tiers just aren't on the market. More currency for yet another character, I suppose.

Plus, most of the people reporting here tend to ask about how to avoid one-shots so while the theory crafting is sound, I find that more practical suggestions are currently needed rather than pushing more dps.

We can very easily spec very defensively by allocating Wind Dancer and Phase Acrobatics, while sacrificing some damage. The Diamond Flask -> Quartz Flask is also a strong defensive option.

Here is my PoB, specced defensively, dropping 1 jewel slot, Heartseeker, Mark the Prey in favor of Wind Dancer and Phase Acrobatics.

https://pastebin.com/fNWX6z7F

With these adjustements, we can hit a fairly high EHP compared to the offensive tree, while losing about 20% damage.

VS OFFENSIVE TREE

Going by the fact that most of the literal one-shots (single instance) of damage are very avoidable, this type of setup gives us A LOT more survivability. (60% ish more EHP)

Last edited by ItsMarcus on Jun 8, 2021, 2:16:08 AM
"
ItsMarcus wrote:
"
"
ItsMarcus wrote:

We can very easily spec very defensively by allocating Wind Dancer and Phase Acrobatics, while sacrificing some damage. The Diamond Flask -> Quartz Flask is also a strong defensive option.

Here is my PoB, specced defensively, dropping 1 jewel slot, Heartseeker, Mark the Prey in favor of Wind Dancer and Phase Acrobatics.

https://pastebin.com/fNWX6z7F

With these adjustements, we can hit a fairly high EHP compared to the offensive tree, while losing about 20% damage.

VS OFFENSIVE TREE

Most of the people that are actually chiming in for one-shots most likely have phase acrobatics cause it was part of the OP's original lower dps variation. Wind dancer was also actually part of the old POB by the OP as well so some people who didn't check the newer variation of the low dps POB probably still have wind dancer allocated. Even though I'm very intimately familiar with wind dancer, and just how powerful it is...the way it interacts with this build does not feel as good when you just have the bare minimum passive dodge chances. I have personally been bs one-shotted on that defensive setup so I, personally, find it lacking. It's why I decided to change second wind to withering step for the elusive buff...there's a bit of rng mitigation in the form of more dodge, but it gives you a chance to actively mitigate damage by cycloning faster into the mob and melting them before they can get a hit in... or getting the needed speed boost to get out of a terrible situation + dash.

With that setup (minus wind dancer), POB says 52k EHP, but imo...the two mitigations a la arcane cloak and withering step should be alternated with each other rather than keyboard spammed to maximize survivability. Still requires player skill, and isn't too brain dead at least (plus for me, minus for others).

It's too bad that maxing out cyclone crit chance (which I've been trying to do for so long with regular jewels on 1 LCJ) is most effectively fixed with that 2nd crit chance cluster...I've actually tried it myself, but I lose so much in the way of other defenses that it feels like a pyrrhic victory in POB building.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 2:36:32 AM
"

Most of the people that are actually chiming in for one-shots most likely have phase acrobatics cause it was part of the OP's original lower dps variation. Wind dancer was also actually part of the old POB by the OP as well so some people who didn't check the newer variation of the low dps POB probably still have wind dancer allocated. Even though I'm very intimately familiar with wind dancer, and just how powerful it is...the way it interacts with this build does not feel as good when you just have the bare minimum passive dodge chances. I have personally been bs one-shotted on that defensive setup so I, personally, find it lacking. It's why I decided to change second wind to withering step for the elusive buff...there's a bit of rng mitigation in the form of more dodge, but it gives you a chance to actively mitigate damage by cycloning faster into the mob and melting them before they can get a hit in... or getting the needed speed boost to get out of a terrible situation + dash.

With that setup (minus wind dancer), POB says 52k EHP, but imo...the two mitigations a la arcane cloak and withering step should be alternated with each other rather than keyboard spammed to maximize survivability. Still requires player skill, and isn't too brain dead at least (plus for me, minus for others).

It's too bad that maxing out cyclone crit chance (which I've been trying to do for so long with regular jewels on 1 LCJ) is most effectively fixed with that 2nd crit chance cluster...I've actually tried it myself, but I lose so much in the way of other defenses that it feels like a pyrrhic victory in POB building.

I always say the best defense is just don't get hit. Mechanical skill plays a huge part in every build's survivability. Personally, the offensive setup gives me enough leeway to die very seldomly. Also, evaporating bosses in .1 seconds flat is a very underrated defensive mechanic.
Last edited by ItsMarcus on Jun 8, 2021, 2:45:26 AM
"
ItsMarcus wrote:
"

I always say the best defense is just don't get hit. Mechanical skill plays a huge part in every build's survivability. Personally, the offensive setup gives me enough leeway to die very seldomly. Also, evaporating bosses in .1 seconds flat is a very underrated defensive mechanic.

The complaints of one-shots I'm hearing about is mostly ultimatums based on the previous posts. I'm not sure how you don't get hit on those. They look like visual clusterfucks. My addition is an attempt to even the playing field for people with less than ideal ping (like me @300ms average ping) who play on predictive network mode so that when server Jesus decides I didn't actually mechanically avoid the big attack. I have a bigger chance of not being bs'd. Reducing networking bs INCREASES the role of player skill while reducing frustration. Making a more defensive build is One is not mutually exclusive from the other.
Last edited by Blaithin860 on Jun 8, 2021, 6:00:40 AM
"
"

Good to hear your personal feedbacks. As I said before, feel free to use the version that fits you better; I gave the option for people to use 2 LCJ setup because it's a huge portion of advanced endgame min-maxing for this build. You can see it on top poe.ninja builds, including myself. As OP, my goal here is pushing the limits of our build to the maximum without being unrealistic or unplayable. So it's even more enjoyable to present a different variant to the community.

As a side note, playing this build without flat mana rolls is as same as playing a typical life based build without any life rolls so you pretty much must use 1 LCJ variant. Standard is inefficient and hard to play/build around so I'm obviously not judging you. This build is already %100 optimized and oneshotter without any additional second LCJ, so everything is fine. Have fun.

The mana quotes above are after reserving auras (forgot to say that). They almost match both your POBs so it's possible to achieve the 2 LCJ without taking flat mana.

I meant you needed to sacrifice damage to match the mana level without any flat mana gear so 1 LCJ would be a better option for your variant.
"

This is true mainly for bossing, you can melt bosses without them touching you, we can take Maven for referance. She does not have a chance to hit without dying.

But Ultimatums or high density juiced maps can oneshot you everytime, there is not such a mechanical skill involved there. Bossing and clearing are different ideas, our main defensive layer is having so many projectiles from the build so our projectile AoE/surrounding capacity is huge. So packs generally explode without hitting us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info