[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

Really looking forward this build in 3.17.
It probably will be my league starter this time. :D
"
Regikoko wrote:
So was thinking of using this build as a league start for next league. Never played it before and its play style seems to be something I would like. Although I have a couple questions for anyone who has played this build.

I've been working on the build and found that if we switch to elementalist we gain a bunch of damage then you can sacrifice that extra damage and increase the defenses of the build (am not of fan of squishy builds). My questions are;

1. Although elemental overload is no big deal to take (just 1 point) how reliable is it along with procc'ing tailwind and elusive on boots. The build only has 2% crit chance (at least my version of it does). Basically is it worth or should I consider other stats on the boots?

2. How important is cast speed? you can drop faster casting for awakened added lightning damage for about 1mil dps increase but noticed that a lot of things (sigil of power, elemental overload, tailwind and elusive) benefit from the increased cast speed (making them proc more) over raw damage. (Also am considering dropping zealotry for determination)

3. Finally how big is profane bloom. Seems like the only benefit from switching to occultist is to improve clear speed, but is the base clear that bad?

Im thinking of this as a league starter too. I imagine with the new extra Ascendancy jewel Witch can be pretty good offence and defence wise (just hope its not gonna be like 100ex)

I havent played this yet,but i think cast speed and profane bloome can be figuered out in 3.17 the new changes will give us some flexebility to focus on more dps or tankiness.
But for this league Bosskilling is kinda important to get atlas stones and progress further. Anyone knows how good this is as a Bosskiller? The Dps seems good for me in the PoB
Last edited by collapsella on Jan 29, 2022, 10:08:37 AM
"
Anyone knows how good this is as a Bosskiller? The Dps seems good for me in the PoB

damage is good, but it's spell echo, so you'll be rooted in place if you don't have good cast speed, and dodging is harder. It's not tanky but it's not glass cannon either so you can barely afford getting hit once by a juiced boss i guess, anymore than that is pushing it.
Last edited by beatboy on Jan 29, 2022, 6:10:39 PM
"
It's not tanky but it's not glass cannon either so you can barely afford getting hit once by a juiced boss i guess, anymore than that is pushing it.

Is replacing Zealotry with Determination worth it in that aspect?

For all it matters, with my limited game knowledge I am thinking of a small variation, with Determination instead of Zealotry and Defiance banner instead of Dread banner. This amounts to 74% physical dmg reduction which looks decent with our stats and in my eyes it's a fair trade.

Can someone explain how Dread banner works for us? I see the reduced accuracy sure, but do we hit with attacks? We cast spells that doesn't count for impale, right? Or does it work for out golems? Still, does it give so much dmg since we are not stacking physical damage anywhere?
Last edited by ravensoul on Jan 30, 2022, 11:49:34 AM
Tried this build for fun on Scourge league.. Spend about 50 ex, should have been enough, but clunky gameplay, problems with bosses, min maxing build - otherwise no dmg and no defense. Sorry that my opinion is negative, but really there are way more fun builds than this and few times cheaper.
Are there any plans for this build to be updated to 3.17?
Hello,

I will updating the build once the new PoB fork comes out.

This build will be buffed significantly in 3.17 considering that it relies on Cast Speed (which got buffed), added spell damage via arcane cloak / items (which also got buffed).
"
Sinhus wrote:
Tried this build for fun on Scourge league.. Spend about 50 ex, should have been enough, but clunky gameplay, problems with bosses, min maxing build - otherwise no dmg and no defense. Sorry that my opinion is negative, but really there are way more fun builds than this and few times cheaper.

It's ok to have a negative feedback about the build. This build was done in Ultimatum league, it was the last patch before the great nerf, and back then it was melting bosses while providing lightning fast clear speed for relatively low investment compared to an Ice CoC, Cyclone Slayer or Ice Deadeye (high end build that I played).

As someone mentioned above, the build is heavily dependent on cast speed to not feel clunky, so maybe the nerfs really made the build below a certain threshold.

I think with 3.17 the build will become an ideal League Starter since it should carry with low investment up to Uber Elder. Will update PoB ASAP.

Thanks for trying it out thou.
"
ravensoul wrote:
"
It's not tanky but it's not glass cannon either so you can barely afford getting hit once by a juiced boss i guess, anymore than that is pushing it.

Is replacing Zealotry with Determination worth it in that aspect?

For all it matters, with my limited game knowledge I am thinking of a small variation, with Determination instead of Zealotry and Defiance banner instead of Dread banner. This amounts to 74% physical dmg reduction which looks decent with our stats and in my eyes it's a fair trade.

Can someone explain how Dread banner works for us? I see the reduced accuracy sure, but do we hit with attacks? We cast spells that doesn't count for impale, right? Or does it work for out golems? Still, does it give so much dmg since we are not stacking physical damage anywhere?

The dread banner was a mistake, I just placed something there to reserve more life. Defiance banner is indeed the desired banner.

I did what you suggested, and with determination, Defiance Banner and a Granite Flask of the Armadillo the build reaches 29K armour, which will make it quite Tanky at 9k ES + 3k arcane cloak while loosing 6M DPS.

I believe it would be a very welcomed variation, and I will add it to the PoB for 3.17 once published.
alright lest give a try :D dont disappoint me :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info