[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

I tried the build for a while now and while its fun to play and has okish dps with ~40-50c investment it is just too squishy and not fluent enough to play, at least for me. It might get better if i invest more but even with a 5 link ivory and ~1.25m dps it just doesn't feel good enough for me to continue to play. 203 deaths were enough for me ^^

Biggest cons: Chaos damage oneshots you, boss damage is ok if you are stationary but you'll have to move around a lot so it's not constant.
About Baran , it is mentioned on the guide specifically, something about shock and using purity of elements I think, or something.

Frankly I have had serious issues myself breaking into red maps. I can’t get the currency to get 6link so dmg is low and I am also map starved. I can’t go deep into delve, can’t go deep into heist so I can’t get currency to fix the issues I have. I could have probably explored more of the atlas maps and I think my choices on the atlas passives are probably poor (hello harbringer), but I am at a bad spot with poor gear - poor dps and poor survivability.

I don’t even have enough money to roll “proc when poisoned” on a flask, so I still get one shotted.
By the way I think it’s important to get both the pantheon for the anti-freeze and the chaos resistance one for the dots. Could also probably use flask to cap resistances and max more dmg.

To be frank I want to enjoy the build but it’s tricky. A lot of holes to plug.
Personally I will push it more before I turn into something else more mainstream
I would also like some help with crafting, if there's any to be made.
The wand (especially the +1 to both spells and lightning spells looks really expensive). Same for amulet..

In general, belt, neck & wand at least how to craft?
in the leveling section for gem links, you put down for 3 link the following:

cast when taking dmg support lvl 8
shock nova 20
tempest shield 19

both skills 2 and 3 require level 52+ and cast when taking damage support gem level 8 will only affect skills that are lvl 52 and lower?

how is this a valid gem link?

sorry I'm a noob ty for answer
"
both skills 2 and 3 require level 52+ and cast when taking damage support gem level 8 will only affect skills that are lvl 52 and lower?

This level requirement relates to level 20 & 19 of those gems. At level 1 they require something like level 38 or 32 max i think.
Keep in mind that when you have/buy a higher level gem, apart for having higher level requirement, they also require more attributes, like more strength that you might lack.
For those reasons, you buy them at level 1 and you level them along.

Frankly you dont need any of those to level up.
You can go dual wands until act 8+ or something, use arc and orb of storms + mines for bosses when you feel you lack damage.
As for auras, you can do wrath and herald of lightning and lightning golem. Then you lack enough free mana for arcane cloak for instance, but those should be enough.
When you approach the endgame things change, as the guide explains
Last edited by ravensoul on Feb 12, 2022, 1:47:31 PM
Is there any tip or mechanic to help survive the chaos damage? The build feels too squishy on that part. I mean it's not even on a hit from the mobs. While you do damage, if there is poison or chaos dmg, you are dead before you realize it.
just a question out of curiosity and my lack of understanding of the game perhaps, but why do you wait until mapping to swap to the main skill and not before? is it more efficient to go through the acts without crackling lance?
Hey all, playing this build in 3.17 and enjoying it so far, but I saw in the PoB that the skill tree picks up Elemental Overload, which I totally get for past version but given the changes to how EO works would it still be worth taking? I feel like to get enough crit to proc it reliably you would have to most likely drop controlled destruction, or at least you would if you didn't want to spec heavily into crit. I'm wondering if there's a solution here that I'm missing or if perhaps it's just worth dropping EO altogether in favor of just using controlled.
What can I say about this build?
+
really has good damage and is good for league start
Can kill end game bosses, but will have serious problems with someone (although the new bosses are very easy for it)
-
really wants the old tempest shield, without it it's very sad
Strongly sags survival from skills. Build holds the usual hit, but any dots and skills will kill him.
And yes, you need 60-70% chaos resist and more 2.5k mana. This at least somehow restrains damage from chaos, otherwise - death.

CL build wants to stand still for a while, but he can't afford it right now.
Last edited by Halidanes on Feb 14, 2022, 5:46:28 AM
Frankly, after getting the 6L, it's a new experience and there's so much to upgrade.

I just wish there was a guide on how to craft / get the gear we need for this, updated with the 3.17 currency and stuff. I am not that experienced to do much myself, though PoB helps to be honest.

So, the dmg is good and you practically leech your ass off so you mostly have to deal with chaos damage which is very very dangerous.
Resistance, or flasks that trigger on poison work but it's still very dangerous and the eater of worlds being poison themed does not help.

About standing still to cast, i think it's the whole playstyle. Frankly, I enjoy that kind of playstyle, actually casting your spells and doing stuff yourself. I like the fantasy of it and blowing things up myself. I *hate* builds that have minions to do your job or ballistas, totems, or traps.

Yes, it is challenging to stand still and cast, but it's also fun on its own way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info