The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

The day I can catch a fish is the day I purchase my first supporter pack. I really did want to fish and thought is would be a cool side quest/addon. Now to find the unique fishing vest I just heard about..
Was running Normal Trials of Ascendancy with a new character to run the Lab and get some sweet (i.e. completely not aligned to my character) enchantments.

Keep running into the odd Perandus mob but as I'm now a high level I get no coins. Still, takes a few seconds to kill the mobs so why not. Killed this last mob in Battlefront while on my way to the Marketplace and when I got to the stash it was already open (unusual, never had that before) and laying on the ground were the following items:

I thought Rhoa feathers only dropped from the Albino Rhoa but I guess not. Anyone else seen something unusual like that?

Oh, and before someone thinks I'm simply perpetuating the troll about Fishing, feathers and the hat, let me be clear that the Fishing Rod and the Feathers serve no actual purpose in the game. I do however wonder if GGG set up this particular combo to be found in Perandus Chests as a way of trolling the community on this. Maybe I'm just paranoid :)
Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Apr 17, 2016, 4:11:32 PM
Hi everybody,
I just want to let you know that i dropped
on canyon WITH NO FAIRGRAVE TRICORNE equipped. I did some research and it seems like yoji reveal a lot of fishing secret in his video. If you stop the video at the right time ( https://youtu.be/TGIF6MfC7E0?t=2m42s ) you will see "first get an albino rhoa feather".
I think you need both item in order to fish.
But i dont know what to do next.
If fishing dosent exist then why is there a new unique fishing rod, hmmmmm

I'm ready..

Begin!
So...

My theory is...There is going to be a fishing master added, or he is already added somewhere in the game and has yet to be discovered because of some ridiculous recipe.

Finding said master would allow you to start fishing by finding him in maps or something. And you can only see this master if you have unlocked him from the recipe or whatever the unlock sequence is.

The rods and lures and what not are in the game for a reason...I don't think GGG would just troll us with Fishing rods for the lolz. Or maybe they would lol.

Point being...if an item is in the game I would imagine it has a purpose. For example, Dota2 had techies coded into the game long before he was released for play. All of his files were downloaded before he released...Same goes for heros that aren't in dota1 or 2 and arent playable and ther eis speculation if there will be new heros...

Maybe it's the same case here. The items are coded in and have been found but aren't accessible or usable quite yet, but when they do become usable the people who have them will cash out?

Damnit GGG the conspiracies.

I just noticed that the Talisman says "-The Wolven King"

Rigwald, the Wolven King...http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rigwald,_the_Wolven_King

Found in Talisman league I believe? Sacrificing Talismans...Maybe this Wolven King will make a comeback?

Man...my brain is goin tryna figure this out.
Last edited by DrazyHaze on Jun 16, 2016, 4:58:45 PM
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
So...

My theory is...There is going to be a fishing master added, or he is already added somewhere in the game and has yet to be discovered because of some ridiculous recipe.

There already is one. Krillson (Chris Wilson > Krillson / Hold the door > Hodor)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Krillson,_Master_Fisherman

I found him once since I've been playing but didn't have a rod at the time.
Reefbane droped for me couple days ago in one of the Chests after last fight Izaro on merciless.

I always thought people are joking about the rods. It def. doesnt only drop with the wierd had.
Or maybe Izaros chests can drop any ingame item.
So you need 3 jewels when encontering Albino Rhoa.
Fragility
Powerlessness
Pacifism

Now after you kill it on top of one of rhoas nest you get items similar to the quest one... so after you vendor it with
Pacifism, Enhance
Powerlessness, Enlighten
Fragility, Empower

So this new treshold jewel granting bonus on maximum charges, tho i hear they gona nerf it soon so beter hury for legacy version....
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Sep 27, 2016, 4:13:23 PM
One of the masters at lvl 8 has a chance to give a unique fishing rod and ggg's wants a mirror for it. If ggg's thinks a fishing rod is mirror worthy, this "fishing" must be very good.
This one is being sold for a mirror by a Master:

Spoiler

It's very cheap on poe.trade though.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info